Page 276 of 510 FirstFirst ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 12749
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Electrowarmth...12v+mat&sr=8-3

I think this is the one I have. Twin size. I run it sideways on our almost king size bed, so shoulders-knees are heated. I like it, work better than a heated blanket because it’s under you. Combined with a heavy down comforter, you can stay pretty warm, even without the heater running
    Thanks! We have a heated mattress pad for home use, and it's great for warming up the bed before getting in. Would be nice to have that in the camper too.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

A little behind but friend got a Scout camper for the Tundra

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yeah I haven't had roommates in over 10 years (girlfriends don't count). Not doing that again.

That's the problem. If all my clients weren't waiting for the crash that isn't gonna come I wouldn't be considering something so foolish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3312.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	349796

Just picked up this beauty from my fiancé’s good friends. 1981 Toyota with only 139k on it, with a 1978 FWC Fleet pop up.

Stoked for some good adventures, and hopefully not too much wrenching... I have enough house projects as it is.
    i shred the gnar

looks very warm...

Quote Originally Posted by skibum193 View Post

Just picked up this beauty from my fiancé’s good friends. 1981 Toyota with only 139k on it, with a 1978 FWC Fleet pop up.

Stoked for some good adventures, and hopefully not too much wrenching... I have enough house projects as it is.
    Winning.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum193 View Post

If I wasnt 6'3" I'd be all over that. Throw some 31's or 33's on that and you're good to go anywhere. I had an 88 for 5-6 yrs and only replaced the alternator(22re not r). Love those little yotas. And solid front axles..

FWC will redo the canvas and make it 6’6”
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Just finalized a handshake deal to buy my buddies Sprinter van and get back on the road after two years of renting. I tried pretty hard to get a place this winter, but am worried about long term resort closures and couldn't commit to a $1000/mo lease in a house with 3 other roommates in a town which will be a rona cesspool come Christmas.

So #vanlife it is!

My plan is to follow the snow, hit up a bunch of places I loved on my 2017 trip but didn't spend enough time in because the '17 Mountain Collective pass only allowed 2 days each at any of the resorts. The Ikon is now giving you 5, so I can spend pretty much a week in whatever town; which will allow me to get a better sense of what the place is all about. And as a bonus I'll be packing a motorcycle and a mountain bike, so if there are shutdowns I can just disappear into the desert or the PNW for a week at a time totally isolated.

I have been a very outspoken detractor of Sprinter vans to this point. I think they're unreliable, poorly built, and overly hyped, the upside is getting 25mpg at 75mph. That will increase mobility by a factor of 3 over the 8mpg at 60mph the truck camper and trailer setup got.

I'm excited, and hopefully I don't get flamed for being Uncle Rico super spreader

Name:	IMG_20201126_083335.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	286.0 KB 
ID:	349844

Name:  IMG_20201126_083346.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  71.3 KB
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    ...couldn't commit to a $1000/mo lease in a house with 3 other roommates in a town which will be a rona cesspool come Christmas.
    I'm excited, and hopefully I don't get flamed for being Uncle Rico super spreader

Name:	IMG_20201126_083335.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	286.0 KB 
ID:	349844

Name:  IMG_20201126_083346.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  71.3 KB
    If it's full on vanlife with all the amenities on the inside, allowing you to steel yourself away from the unwashed masses on the side of some back road somewhere between ski days I actually think this is an ok plan, even factoring in some travel (not that I'd encourage that). I mean you're essentially self-quarantining during off-hill hours. Most of the Covids coming in have known exposures to same-household contacts. Vastly preferable to a room mate sitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    ...I mean you're essentially self-quarantining during off-hill hours...
    Sh...?
    shopping? shitting? showering? etc?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

What’s the max height for sleeping perpendicular in these vans? I feel like #vanlife is not possible for us humans that are >6’.... parallel sleeping just kills interior space too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

shopping? - delivery

shitting? - in the woods

showering? - moist towelettes

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    What’s the max height for sleeping perpendicular in these vans? I feel like #vanlife is not possible for us humans that are >6’.... parallel sleeping just kills interior space too much.

All the ones I've ever been in are 170 wheel base sprinters which fit a queen sized bed in the back sleeping parallel. Not many sleep perpendicular unless they're short, like 5'9" would probably be the limit for comfortable full stretch. But I've never actually slept in one.

The 17 can fit a queen parallel with room for a full dirtbike in front of that, so plenty of living space.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Promaster with it's straighter wall profile will sleep 6ft and a bit across, the Transit I think is just barley able to fit 6ft depending on how your build out the walls and insulate. The Sprinter you can got a little pop-out faux window that will get you 6ft + across.

6'2" in a Promaster 1500. If I slept as stiff as a board with the bottom of my feet against the wall my head barely touches the other side. I do not sleep like that and although I would take a couple extra inches of width it's not an issue.

Since this Width info is buried in this thread, good to refresh it here. This is one of the main downsides of Sprinters compared to competitors but for 3 grand (I think) you can get the fiberglass inserts to widen the upper body.

I’m 6’3”, sleep crosswise in my Transit with 1” foam insulation in the wall recess where OEM window glass would be.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    but for 3 grand (I think) you can get the fiberglass inserts to widen the upper body.
    This is why Sprinter builds are a billion dollars. Fuck 3k for fiberglass bumpouts.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    This is why Sprinter builds are a billion dollars. Fuck 3k for fiberglass bumpouts.
    HAH!

$1600 for the UNFINISHED janky fibreglass pieces
    $300 for the basic rv window PER side
    $700 FOR PLASTIC TRIM RINGS. (Add $200 for fancy LED lighting built in.
    $3-500 to have the things finished/upholstered
    $1200 to have a body shop do the install -mandatory otherwise it voids the warranty (what)

Try $4500 all-in. Granted you can diy and cut a lot of cost ( some of which I am) but I'm still pretty miffed at the MASSIVE disconnect between cost and what's actually supplied.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    shopping? - delivery

shitting? - in the woods

showering? - moist towelettes
    In my case:

Shopping: Grocery run prior to departure, gear garage turns into a pantry

Shitting; Thetford cassette head (empty every 2 wks)

Showering: Bosch Electric on-demand water heater and 24-inch shower stall fabbed out of 80/20 and FRP plastic board

I'm in a 144 so it's going to be -tight- but if I needed to go completely off-grid for 2 weeks to quarantine I theoretically could. The dodge looks like a 170, which would fit all of the above with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post

Shitting; Thetford cassette head (empty every 2 wks)
    does anyone know if you have this placed where it will be freezing temps, can you fill the flush water with some sort of alcohol or use antifreeze ? if you mix with blue will the blue freeze?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    does anyone know if you have this placed where it will be freezing temps, can you fill the flush water with some sort of alcohol or use antifreeze ? if you mix with blue will the blue freeze?
    Maybe use RV antifreeze?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

^thinking that...i believe i avoided that in the class c i had in past because it had a single fresh water tank...but this thing would be on its own so no issue ever having the antifreeze in your fresh water u might cook or clean with...

ok what would freeze? the solids , maybe the blue, ?? cause that could be a real PIA for trying to empty ...really impossible if frozen
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

^thinking that...i believe i avoided that in the class c i had in past because it had a single fresh water tank...but this thing would be on its own so no issue ever having the antifreeze in your fresh water u might cook or clean with...

ok what would freeze? the solids , maybe the blue, ?? cause that could be a real PIA for trying to empty ...really impossible if frozen
    I can confirm that adding a couple of gallons of rv antifreeze to a black water tank will not prevent it from freezing. Last winter we had to build a tent of reflectix around the whole rear end and run the generator for about 5 hours with its exhaust going in there and the power running heating pads on both tanks and heat tape on the drain pipe just to get everything flowing. Revelstoke library parking lot FTW.

Sent from my SM-P610 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

What is this blue you speak of?

RV antifreeze is designed to be used stand alone, diluting it at all will make it not work.

Even undiluted it can turn into a slush in the coldest of temps.

When I had a black tank I would just keep a a gallon of RV antifreeze in the bathroom and slosh it in to flush. Lasts way long than expected. The Kicker being you have to have a warm place to dump it. Black tanks in full time winter is a super no no.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk