Page 6 of 508 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ^^^^^^^
    Great, simple idea. Surprised I haven't seen this before. Thanks!
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

Do the front seats in the Liberty fold forward? I've been trying to rig something like this for my Cherokee but I cant figure out how to get it done without ripping out the passenger seat (i'm 6'3") and still having enough room (i'm 6'3").
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

^^^I actually got the idea from someone on here that did it with their Honda Element. Was much more legit than mine because I suck working with wood, but I bet mine is lighter even though its a steel frame. Plus the steel frame folds up and I can stack the boards in the back, and fold the single rear seat up to accommodate 1 passenger in the back ...really I am stoked that it worked out so well. Probably more of a fluke than engineering prowess.

Yes my seats move forward, but at 5'10" and under we can sleep end to end, get up and drive without having to do any adjustments to the front seats.

If I were taller and didn't have my woman in tow, I would have carved the front piece of plywood to extend into the passenger seat and move the seat all the way up and tilt it forward giving me an extra foot at least, probably more.

I did have to use a cutter to cut the ends off the bed frame to fit.

That Element is in here I think:
    [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169864"]Sleeping in the car in the winter? - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

There's a toyota Chinook for sale in the Vancouver Craigslist. $1200

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...054919168.html
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Not mine:

http://olympic.craigslist.org/cto/2055487229.html

This is in my town, so if somebody wanted I could take a look at it for them and offer an opinion and possibly help get it where it needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    This is my 08' Jeep Liberty sleeper conversion. A hacked up twin bed frame with PVC legs and two pieces of 3/4 plywood. A down sleeping pad, my chick, my dog, and a small AC plug-in heater gets it done. Installation and removal takes about 2 minutes by myself. Lots of storage underneath for luggage and smelly gear.

I think I would get seriously claustrophobic sleeping in there!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^Haha, yeah its definitely purpose built, and if my truck ever caught on fire I'd probably burn alive because its not super easy to get in and out of.

Also, you can't see the front view in this pic but its all open cockpit by the head rests and underneath the platform. There is enough mobility and accessible table space underneath there to have some food, set down some coffee or twist one up or whatever you dig.

Normally I would freak out too if my head movement was restricted but its pretty open which lessens the claustrophobia factor a little bit

Totally stoked with my new purchase. I have been drooling over these for almost 10 years and finally got a great deal. My new rig:

oh man, that thing is ill

I think I just got wood

Sportsmobiles rock. I am jealous.

Post pics of the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by POWHNTR View Post
    Totally stoked with my new purchase. I have been drooling over these for almost 10 years and finally got a great deal. My new rig:

Boner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

'03 Honda Pilot, used a $5 tarp and bamboo tomato stakes for the frame.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Sportsmobiles rock. I am jealous.

Post pics of the interior.
    It's got a penthouse top with a bed and a fold out gaucho downstairs (sleeps 4). Microwave, sink, marine toilet, etc.. We use a jetboil for coffee in the morning and a campstove for cooking. The only thing it doesn't have is heat, but we have slept in it down to about 20 deg and we are plenty warm. Unless we want to sleep in the penthouse in the winter, I don't think we need heat other than firing up the motor in the am and cranking the van heater while we get dressed.

The 4x4 was built by Salem Kroeger in Red Bluff and is killer. We have crawled up shit that would give my tacoma trouble.

that thing is so kool. when I know longer have 3 skiing boys to accomodate on the hill I want one! just curious, what's the price range for something like that?

It's got a penthouse top with a bed and a fold out gaucho downstairs (sleeps 4). Microwave, sink, marine toilet, etc.. We use a jetboil for coffee in the morning and a campstove for cooking. The only thing it doesn't have is heat, but we have slept in it down to about 20 deg and we are plenty warm. Unless we want to sleep in the penthouse in the winter, I don't think we need heat other than firing up the motor in the am and cranking the van heater while we get dressed.

The 4x4 was built by Salem Kroeger in Red Bluff and is killer. We have crawled up shit that would give my tacoma trouble.

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    '03 Honda Pilot, used a $5 tarp and bamboo tomato stakes for the frame.
    probably a dumb question but why the tarp inside?

my garage has no mobility but does have lots of room

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    probably a dumb question but why the tarp inside?
    Mainly for a little privacy and gear concealment. It also helps in heating up a smaller space quicker in the AM. The back seat heaters blow right in there and work great for heating up the boots.
    Silent....but shredly.

...The only thing it doesn't have is heat...
    Isn't that a furnace grate under the fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Isn't that a furnace grate under the fridge?
    I'm betting that's a vent for the fridge.... Super nice rig... but no heater? You don't know what you're missing!
    Don't ask.... Don't tele

Is that a diesel E-350?
    What do you get for fuel mileage in that beast?

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Is that a diesel E-350?
    What do you get for fuel mileage in that beast?
    No, it's a 5.4l gasser. A 7.3l diesel would be my first choice in a perfect world, but these are so hard to find that you really can't get everything you want unless you buy new which wasn't an option for me.
    I average about 11 mpg. You can see the gas gauge moving while you are driving.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    I'm betting that's a vent for the fridge.... Super nice rig... but no heater? You don't know what you're missing!
    It's a bit pricey to put in a propane system and the furnace, so we are going to give it a go without. We have already been in below freezing weather and we are still kicking covers off. It is super well insulated and only cools down to about 20 deg above the outside temp.

^^ Nice Rig. Try a catalytic heater instead of a furnace. Use your existing venting, i.e. windows. I have the smallest Wave 3 to heat a 5x10 trailer that I tow with a Tacoma. It's more than enough and not as complicated or battery sucking as a standard Suburban RV/Boat furnace. http://www.camco.net/

And back to the topic of this thread: Mt. Bachelor/Powder Corp has added a $10 overnight fee for the parking lot. That's $10 for no services of any kind.
    http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/planner/rv_parking

Just traded a sled for this. Expect to see me passed out in a resort parking lot near you soon. The running boards are off and design work for a bed and shelves are in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!