Page 292 of 510 FirstFirst ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 12740
    I get a lot of different stuff come through my shop, this thing came in today. I’m more of a fifth wheel kind of guy but it was pretty sweet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DB574ABE-0334-4A5D-8FE3-532A692BEF58.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	609.7 KB 
ID:	362122

Name:	D24DAE96-067A-4FAB-8825-D49D3DBBFD83.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	719.9 KB 
ID:	362123

Talk to me about chains, vaners. My lady and I just bought a '17 transit built out (pics coming) and i got it super stuck here in VT. It came with a set of konig kg12s which i really liked, but I tore one of them up (broke the chain in multiple places) trying to get unstuck, so i guess its time for a replacement unfortunately. Probably going with kg12's again, but let me know if you have a better suggestion.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Sleeping nice and stealthy in parking lots.

Name:	148932040_10102380161593910_3260984175595080134_o.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	802.0 KB 
ID:	362180

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Talk to me about chains, vaners. My lady and I just bought a '17 transit built out (pics coming) and i got it super stuck here in VT. It came with a set of konig kg12s which i really liked, but I tore one of them up (broke the chain in multiple places) trying to get unstuck, so i guess its time for a replacement unfortunately. Probably going with kg12's again, but let me know if you have a better suggestion.
    I've been happy with good year dura trac tires on my plow truck. Way better in deep snow than the Firestone studded winters I had before.

I use HD v bar chains regularly, have had the same set for years.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Anybody have any tips/tricks for unfreezing your water supply on the fly? Everything's internal, but it's up against the wall of the van and away from the heater. Trying a heated damp towel, but the specific heat of cotton twill seems...low.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Anybody have any tips/tricks for unfreezing your water supply on the fly? Everything's internal, but it's up against the wall of the van and away from the heater. Trying a heated damp towel, but the specific heat of cotton twill seems...low.
    Install a 12v fan in the wall of the cabinet, blow in cabin air.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Install a 12v fan in the wall of the cabinet, blow in cabin air.
    After the lines have thawed put reflectex between the pipe and the outside wall and keep all cabinets open all the time.

Where's all the insta posts on vanlifing in MT when its -25F?

But seriously everyone I know here goes dry for winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    everyone I know here goes dry for winter.
    this

We keep our fresh water system functional in winter without any trouble. The Chinese diesel heater is under the sink and pulls its intake air from around the big fresh tank. The black and grey tanks are another story....
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Where's all the insta posts on vanlifing in MT when its -25F?

But seriously everyone I know here goes dry for winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's what I wanna know. The colleague that talked me into the thing gaurenteed "5*F comfy enough to stand around in my underwear." Which I'm pretty good at anyway, so I thought...

Also, it turned out my water wasn't frozen, I was just...out. Because I'm a genius.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Gonna try to explain this as best I can:

Ever see one of those large windowless fiberglass "bubble" topper type things on commercial vehicles. Like I have seen them in the beds of f150 trucks owned by utility companies etc. Like when some dude is parked by a phone box doing work kinda thing. Does this make any sense?

It's almost like the size of a slide in truck camper but just looks like a hollow shell for storage/equipment.

WTF are those and where do I buy one? Basically my truck bed setup now is fine if I could stand up and spray some kind of insulation inside.

Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Guy living in his in town. Looks like one rear door is bolted permanently shut and has a ladder bolted on the outside of that door to the rack on the roof. Small wood stove in it. Nice looking 3/4 ton too

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Pretty much. It's gotta be cheaper to buy one of those and then build out the inside myself.

Edit: This with no guts, install two windows and a fantastic fan. Maybe possible to sleep perpendicular on custom platform towards the cab.

https://sterlingfleetoutfitters.com/...ize-truck-cap/
    Last edited by Whiteroom_Guardian; 02-14-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

Ever see one of those large windowless fiberglass "bubble" topper type things on commercial vehicles. Like I have seen them in the beds of f150 trucks owned by utility companies etc. Like when some dude is parked by a phone box doing work kinda thing. Does this make any sense?

It's almost like the size of a slide in truck camper but just looks like a hollow shell for storage/equipment.

WTF are those and where do I buy one? Basically my truck bed setup now is fine if I could stand up and spray some kind of insulation inside.
    two more
    https://slideins.tufport.com/

https://www.fleetwest.net/product_ty...rglass-bodies/

Little mitsubishi diesels just sip the fuel . 145 ponies

Name:  20210214_110516.jpeg
Views: 644
Size:  82.6 KBName:  20210214_110440.jpeg
Views: 644
Size:  71.4 KB

Very cool. I've seen fiberglass trailers on Fuso beds but never an Aliner style.

if yer gonna go that route, might as well make one with a walk thru to the back....

Name:  gens bus.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  25.5 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  42.3 KB

I think id prefer a bigfoot camper on that mitsubishi. Those trucks and their engines last forever though. Much easier to pick one up on the cheap in urp. Lots of hino cab overs in n america that could be a good alternative. Trade the cargo box for a fibreglass bigfoot/northern lite

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Exactly why we went with a FWD Promaster.
    Name:  delete.jpg
Views: 1777
Size:  16.6 KB

So- also curious about chains.

I think you mean something like this, right?
    https://www.spacekap.com/

Name:	D7CB2391-345D-433D-AFA0-3FF4FEC80C02.jpeg 
Views:	190 
Size:	420.9 KB 
ID:	362916

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I think id prefer a bigfoot camper on that mitsubishi. Those trucks and their engines last forever though. Much easier to pick one up on the cheap in urp. Lots of hino cab overs in n america that could be a good alternative. Trade the cargo box for a fibreglass bigfoot/northern lite
    I researched the Fuso 4x4 option a few years ago but decided Nope. 10-12 mpg was what I heard from several owners, although some guys nurse 13 mpg by keeping it at 60 mph. But realistically my use involves hi speed blasts across Utah or Nevada etc, and I wanted a vehicle that could comfortably cruise at 75 and the Fuso definitely ain’t that.

As it turns out, Mitsubishi announced a year ago they’re pulling out of US/Canada market completely. Not sure how they’ll handle warranty support for the last few years’ of buyers.

https://www.tufport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I researched the Fuso 4x4 option a few years ago but decided Nope. 10-12 mpg was what I heard from several owners, although some guys nurse 13 mpg by keeping it at 60 mph. But realistically my use involves hi speed blasts across Utah or Nevada etc, and I wanted a vehicle that could comfortably cruise at 75 and the Fuso definitely ain’t that.

As it turns out, Mitsubishi announced a year ago they’re pulling out of US/Canada market completely. Not sure how they’ll handle warranty support for the last few years’ of buyers.
    I would have thought the mileage would be better.
    Lots of hino's for sale. Inline 5 litre diesel. Hino is toyota i think. They have used mitsubishi diesel engines in the past. Not sure who makes the hino diesel engines now. This seems like a good deal. Tons of them

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/hino/hin...%203K0&sprx=-1