Page 386 of 510 FirstFirst ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... LastLast
Results 9,626 to 9,650 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by Ver iz ze money LePowski? View Post
    They have been very upfront with known issues and super helpful so my impression is that they aren’t intentionally bullshitting. My issue was that they found a leak in the cabover area when they originally purchased it. They had the cabover professionally ripped out and repaired down to the aluminum with provided verification. As a jong this was a deal breaker. Should I not be concerned since this was professionally addressed? It seems like if there was one problem there will inevitably be another and at that price point I’m having a hard time stomaching that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the roof leak has been professionally repaired then I would tend to think that subsequent leaks are less likely. That said, there is no getting away from the fact that it is an almost 25 y.o. RV so there are going to be things that fail. Just like any used vehicle, its a gamble, only this is an expensive gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    seems odd that it had 65,000 kms on it when it sold in 2019 yet now it has 65,000 miles on it....

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...oot-rv.211134/
    Why? That would mean it 40,000 miles in 2019 and 65,000 miles now (or 65,000kms in 2019 and 105,000kms now).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    If the roof leak has been professionally repaired then I would tend to think that subsequent leaks are less likely. That said, there is no getting away from the fact that it is an almost 25 y.o. RV so there are going to be things that fail. Just like any used vehicle, its a gamble, only this is an expensive gamble.
    This^^^^ I've owned every type of RV for the past 25 years, they all leak eventually.

That Bigfoot is indeed super sweet. The price on exp portal was almost reasonable ($68k Loonies is what, $50k in freedumb moneys?). It seems they put ~15k mi on it and expect it to be worth nearly double.

But since the world is insane and nothing makes any sense, they will probably get it.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

i remember this being discussed before but 386 pages is a lot to search. What were the opinions on the battlebornbatteries lifepo4 heated battery kit? Mt battery will be in an unheated compartment in my slide in. I anticipate charging off my alternator in below freezing temps. Reviews seem good.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    That Bigfoot is indeed super sweet. The price on exp portal was almost reasonable ($68k Loonies is what, $50k in freedumb moneys?). It seems they put ~15k mi on it and expect it to be worth nearly double.

But since the world is insane and nothing makes any sense, they will probably get it.

yeah, that.

Finished gutting our 1993 Travelaire and rebuilt with 2" xps walls, door, floor. Took out heavy furnace, oven, stove, refrigerator, water heater. Replaced with 12v refrigerator, diesel 5k heater, on-demand water heater. Interior walls/cupboards are 1" xps glassed, super light. Shaved a lot of weight off. No black tank, will use dry flush toilet. No grey tank, that soapy water can go on the ground. Batteries/plumbing all inside, in heated area, will not freeze. No grey/black tanks to freeze. Diesel heater in storage area that accommodates ski boots/wet gloves and works as boot dryer. Put in a real coat rack that actually works. Taking it out tonight for test run with kid......This old dog has been from Mexico to Arctic Ocean, all over Yukon, and the Sonoran Desert.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7145.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	401262

Name:	IMG-7146.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	401263

Name:	IMG-7147.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	401264

Name:	IMG-7148.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	401265

Name:	IMG-7274.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	401266

That looks fantastic! What's the exterior look like? Trying to get an idea of how big that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That looks fantastic! What's the exterior look like? Trying to get an idea of how big that is.

Name:	IMG_4665.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	401268

^^ Trakhead, that thing looks phenomenal... I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post

Name:	IMG_4665.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	401268
    Quality work!!!

Yep, outstanding.

Name:  12483C07-CECD-4156-BA64-6D51C4D2CEB7.jpeg
Views: 749
Size:  20.6 KB

Chillin by the fire while the diesel heater ticks away….first night out in lower 48 this season. Will be an every weekend thing. Touring all the local Montana hills.

I have an 8.5 foot popup truck camper with 2" thick walls insulated with XPS rigid foam: R10. It makes a huge difference, especially in really cold temp, heat distribution remains quite constant.

Trackhead-that thing is pimp! Awesome work

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I have an 8.5 foot popup truck camper with 2" thick walls insulated with XPS rigid foam: R10. It makes a huge difference, especially in really cold temp, heat distribution remains quite constant.
    Yup huge difference over the 1”……..run the heater on lowest setting almost too warm, but was a warm night last night.

Name:  54AC1ED9-9674-4159-B35B-3AD6FFCE896B.jpeg
Views: 1216
Size:  87.8 KB

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Nicely done T-head. Last pic is sweet. Think I'll have to give my rig a spin at Big Sky one of these nights soon just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Nicely done T-head. Last pic is sweet. Think I'll have to give my rig a spin at Big Sky one of these nights soon just for the hell of it.
    Where does one park up there?

Finished gutting our 1993 Travelaire and rebuilt with 2" xps walls, door, floor. Took out heavy furnace, oven, stove, refrigerator, water heater. Replaced with 12v refrigerator, diesel 5k heater, on-demand water heater. Interior walls/cupboards are 1" xps glassed, super light. Shaved a lot of weight off. No black tank, will use dry flush toilet. No grey tank, that soapy water can go on the ground. Batteries/plumbing all inside, in heated area, will not freeze. No grey/black tanks to freeze. Diesel heater in storage area that accommodates ski boots/wet gloves and works as boot dryer. Put in a real coat rack that actually works. Taking it out tonight for test run with kid......This old dog has been from Mexico to Arctic Ocean, all over Yukon, and the Sonoran Desert.

Name:	IMG-7145.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	401262
    Nice work. Any idea what the weight savings was all said and done?

I've been exploring alternatives, but the 1998 bigfoot we have is already such a nice size. Gutting the heavy interior and features we don't use to fit a queen bed and more practical use of space for dry camping has been on my mind for some time now.

That said, if you have the oven/range sitting around and it's in decent shape, I could be interested. I desperately miss the oven we had in our first camper.

TH, I want to be you. That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Nice work. Any idea what the weight savings was all said and done?

I've been exploring alternatives, but the 1998 bigfoot we have is already such a nice size. Gutting the heavy interior and features we don't use to fit a queen bed and more practical use of space for dry camping has been on my mind for some time now.

That said, if you have the oven/range sitting around and it's in decent shape, I could be interested. I desperately miss the oven we had in our first camper.
    Not sure on weight but the water heater, oven, and shower/black/grey tanks were heavy AF. Oven is in the dump in Alaska. I brought three truck loads of shot to the dump.

Outside showers and outside plumbing I ripped out was so stupid….just shit that freezes.

Name:  12483C07-CECD-4156-BA64-6D51C4D2CEB7.jpeg
Views: 749
Size:  20.6 KB

Chillin by the fire while the diesel heater ticks away….first night out in lower 48 this season. Will be an every weekend thing. Touring all the local Montana hills.
    Livin' the dream. Love it.

Here's a question for the fire pit crowd: I'm not up to date on my propane connector terminology, but it seems like most pits use the barbeque style tanks. Rig real estate is getting really tight and I'm thinking of using the green Coleman canisters that my stove takes to cut down on bulk. Refill at home, etc. Anybody try this? What kind of adapter situation do you wind up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Livin' the dream. Love it.

Here's a question for the fire pit crowd: I'm not up to date on my propane connector terminology, but it seems like most pits use the barbeque style tanks. Rig real estate is getting really tight and I'm thinking of using the green Coleman canisters that my stove takes to cut down on bulk. Refill at home, etc. Anybody try this? What kind of adapter situation do you wind up with?
    The standard home BBQ tank is a 20# tank. You can get 10# and 5# tanks too, all of which use the same acme threaded connection as the standard 20#. Example:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Flame-Ki...N5LB/308859759

The little green Coleman type bottles are pretty small, and I think you'd go through them fast hooked to a fire pit. They use a different hose connection too.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Where does one park up there?
    I have stayed in my truck camper at a snowmobile staging area on Hwy 191, a couple miles south of the Hwy 64 intersection turnoff for Big Sky.

I have also stayed at a pull out on Hwy 64, just before the turn off for the resort village and lifts.