Page 209 of 507 FirstFirst ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 12666
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Speaking of... if I were to be potentially selling an 2002 E450 7.3L dualie shuttle bus (seats 24 currently) with 98k and good mechanical shape, hitch and studded snows on it (ie ripe for a RV buildout) - what do you think the people would pay?
    IME these mini busses are much less desired than a f-series pickup. You can only use them for what they’re designed for or as an rv platform. I know a guy who built one out and lost his shirt when he had to sell it.

^agreed. Probably worth 5-6k to the right buyer unconverted. Mayyyybe 10-15k converted nicely.

7k if it has a stripper pole and a mirrored ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    7k if it has a stripper pole and a mirrored ceiling
    And 1K worth of coke.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Sweet rig for sale in Denver.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...982779209.html

Didn’t look at the build on the $70k Westy but I’ve seen some that were heavily mechanically upgraded including Subaru turbo engines, bigger axles, etc. Still. People are buying nostalgia and fantasy.
    Yeah the price is pretty steep. Not really my bag but still a sweet rig. It'll be bomber for a long time and get you out of a jam. Admittedly, I have a soft spot for 7.3 and own one.

Jeezus Van prices are INSANE in the west right now, maybe nation wide. The kinda cake peeps are asking for and/or DIY rigs pretty staggering. There are a couple deals at the bottom end on that page.

I'm $6K all in on a 2003 Ford E350 7.3 PSD, including "build out", hahaha, and 4 years of maintenance and repairs. It's a 3 season rig but it suits my needs well and the price has been right. Primarily a bike trip rig. Don't love driving it in the snow on principle but it's done OK when I've had to. The 1 ton suspension rides pretty high, fits 32" all terrains and clearance is awesome for what it is.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

go from truck to #vanlife with this one simple hack....

Name:  ujMbic7.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  143.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I'm thinkin' you could post this on Craigslist for $50k, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I'm $6K all in on a 2003 Ford E350 7.3 PSD, including "build out", hahaha, and 4 years of maintenance and repairs. It's a 3 season rig but it suits my needs well and the price has been right. Primarily a bike trip rig. Don't love driving it in the snow on principle but it's done OK when I've had to. The 1 ton suspension rides pretty high, fits 32" all terrains and clearance is awesome for what it is.
    I'm $6K all in on my van. AWD, snow tires, rocks it in the snow. Yeah it's not as manly as a 7.3 F350, but sure does make for happy, easy, sleathly camping year round. And it even starts in the winter at 0F and 10,000'.

$45K is a lot for a 25 year old truck. Just like $70k is a lot for a 10 year old van. The reality is the vast majority of us -- van, truck, or car -- are driving far shittier things.

Generic white van, but figured I'd post this for folks to keep an eye out. Never know. Friend from high school posted this. She's in Denver.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Name:  ujMbic7.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  143.2 KB
    I believe the proper hashtag is #pickupandgo

I’ve been prowling around eBay motors, bring a trailer, etc. for quite a while for fun and entertainment. My observations :
    1). Anything Westy or Eurovan, or even earlier has an absurd mark up for what it is. I don’t know whose inflating this market, but it’s nowhere near rational. I wish I invested in GoWesty
    2). The strict US emissions/crash testing of every model/engine transmission option for approval for sale in the US market means that we have a much more limited supply of “donor vans.” Every time I go out of the US, I see tons of vans on the road that would make great conversions, bigger than minivans, smaller than full bore commercial vans. Just look at the inventory of any of the places that imports beat to crap Japanese camper vans over 25 years old and RHD to make my point.
    3). I’m excited for when, 5-7 years from now when I’m retired, what these $60-80K vans will be selling for in the resale market, once the twenty somethings who bought them on credit have to bail.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

5 to 7 years from now we will all be poor and starving. Anyone with a van will be considered royalty. Get one soon.

Someone tell these people to buy a van. Tent camping in Durango with a family?

https://westslope.craigslist.org/wan...002879318.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	292.4 KB 
ID:	298724

VW Westys and even normal vanagons have been expensive for 15+ years, and good luck finding a syncro. These are basically the japanese version of a vanagon. Diesel and AWD.

I mean, they do have -25° teton sleeping bags. What could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I mean, they do have -25° teton sleeping bags. What could go wrong?
    that extension cord for heater could probably exceed the $300 they want to pay monthly.... lol
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Anyone know of a website that is specific to campers, rv s ,vans, etc in western Canada?
    BC is best, but could go to Calgary area too for good deals.
    Thanks

family of 3 adults one small dog a Yorkie and a ? Sounds kinky

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Sounds like a royal clambake too.

Wandering around the town square in Jackson with Djongo, saw this

Name:	IMG_2077.jpg 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	298794

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by boardtodeath View Post

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	292.4 KB 
ID:	298724

VW Westys and even normal vanagons have been expensive for 15+ years, and good luck finding a syncro. These are basically the japanese version of a vanagon. Diesel and AWD.
    Problem is the RHD.
    Just feels wrong to be sitting right next to the guy beside you in the slow lane.
    Good value for money IMO
    as long as there aren't any costly repairs.
    The diesels don't have a great reputation for fuel economy.
    Admit 1 comes free into the
    Delica and HiAce clubs.
    +1 for compatibility with most French Fry oils.

What's the worst that could have been done to these imports in Japan before they were
    retired due to the 10 year regulation?

Tsunami? Radiation?
    Surely someone makes good RHD to LHD conversion kits.
    Surely.

how tall were the people driving it?

how tall were the people driving it?
    Good question. We do know they
    were not
    W I D E.

I think the "soccer mom" mini van stigma of the late 90's 2000's hurt the US van market and everyone started buying SUV's. Manufacturers can sell crossover SUV's all day. People still ask me why I'm driving a grocery getter and not a 4x4 SUV?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Problem is the RHD.
    Just feels wrong to be sitting right next to the guy beside you in the slow lane.
    That just never happens.