Page 129 of 508 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 12697
    https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...395990536.html

I would love to buy this for about $5k, put about $10k of upgrades including a cummins 6BT swap in it, and have one unique awesome 4x4 camper for $15kish. It'd be a cool ride to travel in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post

I would love to buy this for about $5k, put about $10k of upgrades including a cummins 6BT swap in it. . . .
    If the existing block and heads are in decent shape, keep the 400, a very tough reliable engine. $10K can buy alot of gasoline.

We're selling our truck - DM if you're interested!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RVtetonpass.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	896.6 KB 
ID:	218730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rvtetonpass2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	765.2 KB 
ID:	218731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rvtetons3.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	611.6 KB 
ID:	218732

^^^ Didn’t you just finish that thing this fall? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^ Didn’t you just finish that thing this fall? What happened?
    Couldn't find any snow.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Just launched our startup so needed a more permanent home base! Settled down in SLC last month, seemingly in the worst season ever to do so...

Not to spam, but check it out: www.snowsearch.co

I would love to buy this for about $5k, put about $10k of upgrades including a cummins 6BT swap in it, and have one unique awesome 4x4 camper for $15kish. It'd be a cool ride to travel in.
    77 to 79 Ford pickups were some of the best built toughest trucks ever made. When I worked for a west coast logging contractor we had a few of these trucks as bush trucks and no matter how much we abused them, we couldn't kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by snowsearch View Post
    Just launched our startup so needed a more permanent home base! Settled down in SLC last month, seemingly in the worst season ever to do so...

Not to spam, but check it out: www.snowsearch.co
    Oh so it's your fault. I see.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    77 to 79 Ford pickups were some of the best built toughest trucks ever made. When I worked for a west coast logging contractor we had a few of these trucks as bush trucks and no matter how much we abused them, we couldn't kill them.
    I think it is a pretty interesting read on what people are looking for in Colorado. I would buy this in a heartbeat but I am going to build my 4x4 truck camper in about two years, timing just isn't right. This truck if it was a newer model, say a Proven Tiger model, would be $20k+ easily. This thing is $6500, 4x4 full size pickup truck with a solid camper(from the pictures at least). This truck would literally be the easiest thing to work on with parts being plentiful, and relatively cheap. But, it's been up for 20+ days and no one touching it. It's not a sweet new Sprinter, or conversion Van. It'd be an awesome project.

All of the wires, plastic, and rubber in the engine would be disintegrating, as well as all of the foam/cloth cab and camper cushions, tank lines, everything.
    It's an interesting shell project but if you were going to put any serious miles on it I'd think it would need to be gutted. Then you're still left with no antilock brakes, no airbags, and a carbureted engine.
    If you were just going to drive a few miles around a mountain town maybe but and over the road adventuremobile, nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    All of the wires, plastic, and rubber in the engine would be disintegrating, as well as all of the foam/cloth cab and camper cushions, tank lines, everything.
    It's an interesting shell project but if you were going to put any serious miles on it I'd think it would need to be gutted. Then you're still left with no antilock brakes, no airbags, and a carbureted engine.
    If you were just going to drive a few miles around a mountain town maybe but and over the road adventuremobile, nah.
    No doubt about that. I would budget $15k in parts alone for a nice build, $10k for a good build but with lots of junkyard refurbished parts, and an entire summer to get that thing to where I could drive it to say Alaska. Engine swap a used 12 valve Cummins w/ a NV4500, update the entire driveline with rebuilt components. Camper would be gutted completely, camper parts are cheap for used stuff. It'd be a cool project that I have not seen on the road before. It would sure beat the Tiger van's that are going to $15-20k in stock form with tons of miles on them. I'd love to see this thing refurbished down the road around CO.

No doubt about that. I would budget $15k in parts alone for a nice build, $10k for a good build but with lots of junkyard refurbished parts, and an entire summer to get that thing to where I could drive it to say Alaska. Engine swap a used 12 valve Cummins w/ a NV4500, update the entire driveline with rebuilt components. Camper would be gutted completely, camper parts are cheap for used stuff. It'd be a cool project that I have not seen on the road before. It would sure beat the Tiger van's that are going to $15-20k in stock form with tons of miles on them. I'd love to see this thing refurbished down the road around CO.
    I have a '91 Dodge with a 12 valve Cummins, 5speed manual Getrag transmission but I don't know if I have a NV4500. What is a NV4500?

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I have a '91 Dodge with a 12 valve Cummins, 5speed manual Getrag transmission but I don't know if I have a NV4500. What is a NV4500?
    A newer 5-speed manual. NV = New Venture, a joint partnership between Chrysler and Chevy. NV3500, 4500 and 5600 came in a variety of Chevy and Chrysler SUVs and Trucks from the mid 90s onwards. NV4500 and 5600 are prized for their strength and longevity.

Your math is broken.
    $6,500 + 15,000 + the hours it will take is quite a bit beyond $20k for a Tiger.
    Also, there really isn't any such thing as a "stock Tiger".
    I've seen more variations on the CX platform than I can shake a stick at, I've yet to see one configured like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Your math is broken.
    $6,500 + 15,000 + the hours it will take is quite a bit beyond $20k for a Tiger.
    Also, there really isn't any such thing as a "stock Tiger".
    I've seen more variations on the CX platform than I can shake a stick at, I've yet to see one configured like mine.
    The truck mentioned for all intents and purposes is a CX version of a 1ton truck albeit old.
    Any CX truck platform 3/4 or 1ton seem to be $20k+ easily, and that is still for 90's or early 2000's models. Expedition Portal is loaded with $30-40k early 2000's 2500/3500/ series Provan built trucks.
    Tiger Provan Astro's seem to go for $10k for nice not necessarily AWD/4WD, $15+ k for super nice and once again not necessarily AWD/4WD.
    I'm stating if one bought this truck for $5kish, put $15k in parts in it including a engine swap. You would now have a updated 1ton CX knockoff that would be more capable than any of the Astro's for the same price, get decent MPG for what it is(diesel), and probably save $10-20k off its likeminded brothers on Expedition Portal or Craigslist. All the work would be done in house, so if you are counting hours as in having someone do the swap/work then that is a moot point.
    Speaking of, what kind of setup do you have on the CX side of things? Any pics to share? They are quite awesome.

I've never seen an RV rebuild come in on budget. People are nicely saying your estimate is low. Once you start to tear down an older rig the problems multiply quickly. RV sit and rot everywhere unless they were kept in a climate controlled storage.

Speaking of, what kind of setup do you have on the CX side of things? Any pics to share? They are quite awesome.
    Slammed with work today (and then skiing).
    I'll come back to this and post some details when I have a spare moment.

That vanlife dream is getting in the way of one mans wife wanting a home. Damn her. Not mine but could be yours... https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d...417746695.html

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    That vanlife dream is getting in the way of one mans wife wanting a home. Damn her. Not mine but could be yours... https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d...417746695.html
    Pretty cool, but I think the wheels look a bit stupid. Could've gone smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Pretty cool, but I think the wheels look a bit stupid. Could've gone smaller.

When #vanlife meets bro dozers.

Everybody probably knows this already but GMC makes a Savanna 1500 delivery van with AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Sparwood Dave View Post
    Everybody probably knows this already but GMC makes a Savanna 1500 delivery van with AWD
    Is a Savanna 1500 similar to an Astro van or is it bigger?

The Savanna is bigger. It's on a half ton chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparwood Dave View Post
    Do they still make it?

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    Do they still make it?
    No but who can afford new anyway? Last made 2014 and also sold as a Chevy Express. Here is all the info on how the system works
    http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...an-Info-thread