Page 337 of 510 FirstFirst ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by bowboybb View Post
    My 2 buddies that have Chinese diesel heaters love to say they work great. But they seem like a pain in the ass. You have to at minimum swap out diesel lines. That’s fixable but the pump makes a very very annoying metallic clicking sound. And the commands for the little computer are annoying. If you are handy and want to dial it, they can work well but I hope you like fucking with your toys haha

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Youtube vids that I have watched indicate that the far more expensive than Chinese diesel heater, Espar and Wabasco, have a slightly less noisy fuel pump and are expected to be more reliable, have parts available, last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Youtube vids that I have watched indicate that the far more expensive than Chinese diesel heater, Espar and Wabasco, have a slightly less noisy fuel pump and are expected to be more reliable, have parts available, last longer.
    Throw a Webasto fuel pump into your Chinese diesel heater for $75 and you're still at less than 1/4 of the cost of the original. I'd prefer to buy the genuine article but it's real pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Should I buy this? Looks like a fun project...

Are these 'yotas reliable or nah?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8479135307512/
    Only if you like being passed by a obese man on a Schwinn Varsity 10 speed going uphill.

Quote Originally Posted by bowboybb View Post
    My 2 buddies that have Chinese diesel heaters love to say they work great. But they seem like a pain in the ass. You have to at minimum swap out diesel lines. That’s fixable but the pump makes a very very annoying metallic clicking sound. And the commands for the little computer are annoying. If you are handy and want to dial it, they can work well but I hope you like fucking with your toys haha

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They are awesome. The pump clicking can be dealt with via foam and other isolation methods. Even without insulation, your truck camper will easily be 80 degrees if you want.

The fuel line and connectors that came with mine are still fine after 3 years. The computer is mildly annoying to program, but not a huge deal.

It's easily the best $150 one can spend on making a camper more comfortable.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Maybe this has been covered before, but does anyone have experience with gas/propane versions of the knockoff heaters? I can only seem to find the diesel ones, and not super stoked on the idea of adding a diesel tank or dropping 1.5k on the name brand.

I’m pretty sure those things I’ll come with their own separate tiny diesel tank. Installation should be fairly easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C3109D3-804A-43AC-9C8C-121757A198BF.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	405.4 KB 
ID:	381019

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I’m pretty sure those things I’ll come with their own separate tiny diesel tank. Installation should be fairly easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C3109D3-804A-43AC-9C8C-121757A198BF.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	405.4 KB 
ID:	381019
    The Youtubers who are building a heater in a suit case and positioning the heater outside the tent or RV and then running a dryer vent to get heat into the RV will have gone a long way toward minimizing the fuel pump noise.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post

I went name brand and I can't say I love the functionality. Instructions are confusing and the LED control doesn't offer much that the Chinese version wouldn't. It works but it's nothing slick or compelling. I don't have any reference re fuel pump, but dont mind the tick at all

Anyone have or use a Thule Hideaway or Fiamma F45 awning?

The ARB style and it's hundreds of knock offs are the budget and popular choice but I would really like the option for partial deployment.

I had the Fiamma F45. Really nice but super heavy. You can operate with one person. Can't handle wind and when it breaks it is expensive as fuck to get replacement parts. I sold it and got the ARB. With the cost savings we added the ARB screen room which is the best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Finalizing everything now. Should hopefully have my GFC by end of Sept! Just in time for a trip to Oregon for a bike race.

This thread is deep and hard to find stuff.

- Diesel heaters? Espar? Chinese?

- I plan to make my own panels out of reflectix for the alu side panels and tent side panels. Ideas for how to insulate the actual metal truck bed area.....just pony up and rhino line? The bare metal is a major conductor of any heat. (I have slept in the truck once at 0* with a buddy heater and CO monitor. It sucked.

That's awesome. Does it come with an ounce of hash? It probably should.
    https://www.amazon.com/Super-Shield-...646630&sr=8-10

I used this for insulating my van floor and making window shades. You could use this to line your whole truck bed and put Bed Rug or a similiar durable truck bed carpet over that. The insulation link above is a foam core with foil on both sides. Helps a ton with sound deadening too.

I have a Fiamma awning over the rear door to the camper, but never use it, mostly due to because it's over the door and pretty small. If it were on the side I'd probably use it more, but realistically, the camper generates its own shade just by being tall.

It's a hand roll down/ extend legs/ click legs into brackets on side of camper type, not the self supporting crank out with a handle type. Seems reasonably well made, certainly nicer than the bag awning we used to have on a pop-up trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

should have grabbed a photo but yesterday I saw a taco with a camper shell with a camper shell. you could easily stand up in it
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Well, I got that GFC build spot for October 2021. At the end of the day I still use my truck for work. Either going to clients property for RE or hauling lumber/tools around doing a bit of small contracting stuff here and there. The GFC allows me to do both without constantly taking a camper on and off the truck.
    Keeping the money in the TRG family, I love it !

I hired WRG as my RE dirt pimp and he is spending his commission on a maggot-owned GFC.

Now it’s up to single to spend the money from WRG on a Freeride Systems jacket, some ON3P skis, or some other maggot item.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I have a Fiamma awning over the rear door to the camper, but never use it, mostly due to because it's over the door and pretty small. If it were on the side I'd probably use it more, but realistically, the camper generates its own shade just by being tall.

It's a hand roll down/ extend legs/ click legs into brackets on side of camper type, not the self supporting crank out with a handle type. Seems reasonably well made, certainly nicer than the bag awning we used to have on a pop-up trailer.
    This!

I can't say either of the two awnings on my truck camper have come in handy more than a handful of times. Unless it's high noon, camper makes its own shade. I'll sometimes extend the rear a few feet to keep snow or rain out when opening the door, but only if it's not windy.

Awning would be on small camper van where the side door is frequently open and it's not tall like a truck camper to cast it's own shade.

I think we are going to get some more trips under our belt and take note of times when partial roll out would have helped

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Should I buy this? Looks like a fun project...

Are these 'yotas reliable or nah?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8479135307512/
    I had a pop top chinook original down to the orange shag carpeting. Loved it and wish I had it back.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 07-31-2021 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I had the Fiamma F45. Really nice but super heavy. You can operate with one person. Can't handle wind and when it breaks it is expensive as fuck to get replacement parts. I sold it and got the ARB. With the cost savings we added the ARB screen room which is the best thing since sliced bread.
    The ARB screen room looks pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The ARB screen room looks pretty handy.
    I miss having it since we changed vans. It was awesome. Instead I am screening the back and sides of the Transit. Not the same but it's gonna be nice for avoiding bugs.

Used our magnetic closure screen for the sliding door on the transit a couple of times this summer. I bought it on Amazon for $ 35, some quick trimming and Velcro sewing and it works great.

How dumb of an idea is it to try to replace rocker panels in a 20 year old van?

Lavaner Pro heaters are the best compromise between Webasto price and generic-brand futzing. They're like $200 instead of $80, but all the components are quality and the support is top notch. Haven't had to replace anything yet. From reading, my impression is they rarely break, but I know they have sent out replacements for free to other folks. Only downside is a long lead time if they haven't shipped a batch to US in a while.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001337957050.html

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    How dumb of an idea is it to try to replace rocker panels in a 20 year old van?
    About like opening a can of worms you found in your fridge from last summer.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I replaced one side (well, partially) on my truck when it was about 19 years old. There's a thread here on rocker panel rust repair with my pics and how it turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    About like opening a can of worms you found in your fridge from last summer.
    Lmao