Page 373 of 389 FirstFirst ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 9714
    I feel like theyíre being used ironically. An homage to the GOTOS thread or something. I like it and think itís funny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

we just keep a couple of wood blocks in our van for leveling
    free99
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    we just keep a couple of wood blocks in our van for leveling
    free99
    Camping World doesnít sell wood blocks.

I am having issues trying to pick the right color traction boards is killing me lime green or pink maybe red

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The fact that the people selling this van left that roof jack and staging up until it started to rot tells me what to expect about the maintenance schedule. Check those fluids carefully.

Attachment 394624
    It's $2k, he should show with his own fluids when going to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Honestly kudos to a well written and honest add. Hopefully it finds the right home.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/65749760

Curious what the collective makes of this deal? Seems like a great asking price for the truck, but I know nothing about trucks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Curious what the collective makes of this deal? Seems like a great asking price for the truck, but I know nothing about trucks.

It's got a rebuilt / salvage title - price is probably average for a 12 year old truck with that in mind.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Serious pavement queen wheel/tire combo.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Bed is gone, salvage title, visible impact on passenger rear of cab where the bed got pushed into it.

Hard pass in pre COVID buying times. Today... do you feel lucky?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bed is gone, salvage title, visible impact on passenger rear of cab where the bed got pushed into it.

Hard pass in pre COVID buying times. Today... do you feel lucky?
    It's also been for sale for at least a few weeks which tells me there may be something wrong with it not mentioned in the ad.

At the risk of starting a war, it's also one of the shittier full size platforms IMO. I wouldn't touch a dodge with 150k unless it was a Cummins.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    did a long road trip and picked up my Tufport.
    Attachment 394578
    Attachment 394580
    It seems to be what I wanted. Can comfortably sleep in the cab over.
    I never followed this thread till recently when decided to buy the camper. I imagine gas mileage was discussed. This shell is 800lbs and I think matched well to the truck which can carry #2000lbs in the bed. My gas mileage went from 22 to 16 MPG and as low as 13 when going 80MPH. I have to wonder what kind of mileage a smaller less efficient truck will get. Cost and range could become an issue.
    Oh man that thing is mint.

Saw a 2014 GMC Savana w 61,000 miles for 40 grand in a parking lot near me. It's got the big tinted windows so I couldn't see if or how it may have been built out. That's an unreal price imo, although I'm not really posted.

WTF^?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

People who have done the Chinese diesel heater in a box thing: what are you powering it off of overnight? Mine is nearing completion but I don't have a house battery (and finding room for a permanent one in our sienna camper might be tricky), so was thinking about a jackery or similar. Any relevant experiences?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    People who have done the Chinese diesel heater in a box thing: what are you powering it off of overnight? Mine is nearing completion but I don't have a house battery (and finding room for a permanent one in our sienna camper might be tricky), so was thinking about a jackery or similar. Any relevant experiences?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    snip....

FWIW I am absolutely loving my 5kw chinese heater. Camped out with it again on a "warm" night this past friday looking for elk. Maybe 25 degrees. Kept the top of the GFC at 60* all night with it on the lowest setting. Drained the 330w battery pack from 100% down to only 72%. Used about 2.5L of diesel.

TTT

Thanks!
    As long as youíre starting your rig daily, you can easily run it off your starting battery. The heater controller has a low voltage shutoff so it wonít suck it all the way dry. Carry a portable jump pack just in case.

Iíd pull a 12awg fused positive from the starter battery to the door closest to where the heater-in-a-box will go. Get a Blue Sea 12v cigarette socket and install it near the door.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Thanks!

Google "Paxcess 330w power station"

I got mine on Amazon for like $270. I really should have a 500w or bigger and solar panels. To get multiple cold nights out of this one I will have a hard time unless I can plug into a wall everyday to charge it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

More importantly -- post photos of your rig and how the diesel heater box is gonna work with it. I'm curious about doing the same in our Sienna. We've got a small power-pack (288wh) wondering if we can use it in there.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

What do you guys think about the build quality of the Chinese diesel heaters? I think they would leak some carbon monoxide or fumes without taking it apart and patching up any shoddy craftsmanship. It wouldnít be enough gas to hurt anyone outright, but being around that kind of air for a long time canít be great.

https://youtu.be/WGdWy_jJrcs

This guy has a series on the heater thatís interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by stupendous_man View Post
    What do you guys think about the build quality of the Chinese diesel heaters? I think they would leak some carbon monoxide or fumes without taking it apart and patching up any shoddy craftsmanship. It wouldn’t be enough gas to hurt anyone outright, but being around that kind of air for a long time can’t be great.

https://youtu.be/WGdWy_jJrcs

This guy has a series on the heater that’s interesting.
    Well that guy in his videos (which are great) straightforward says that the vast majority of issues he sees are due to shoddy installation not shoddy heaters. Given his depth of knowledge I'm inclined to agree.

The perfect ski RV- a AWD Tiger XL. Looks like one of the very few mirror image builds where the door is behind the drivers seat. I think that means it was built for the Japanese market and either was diverted before it shipped or else re-imported at some point. Not sure about $30k for a ‘95 though, even with low miles.

Name:  EEB23FAA-E3F4-4448-A810-BF3E894662DF.jpeg
Views: 423
Size:  73.2 KB

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...412969269.html

That thing is awesome but not 30k awesome. Iíll say that the awd Astro I owned was awesome in snow so that thing would be a sweet travel ski rig. Those vans absolutely suck to work on. Lots of stuff packed into a tight spot.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by stupendous_man View Post
    What do you guys think about the build quality of the Chinese diesel heaters? I think they would leak some carbon monoxide or fumes without taking it apart and patching up any shoddy craftsmanship.
    Iíd say the build quality is fine. Iím not concerned at all about CO or fumes, but I actually installed mine to spec. Id also guess most bad experiences are from poor installation. If you look around the boat/RV forums, thereís some seat-of-the-pants installations and still nobody dies.

Make sure the interior air intake is on a different plane than the combustion exhaust and the combustion exhaust is outside the footprint of the vehicle. Use exhaust paste and good clamps and Iím sure there wonít be any issues.