Page 49 of 510 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 12727

I thought the asking price was kinda high until I saw the interior pics and options list and low mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    So what are you upgrading to now? Not going to bug me for the Burro back, are you?
    Don't want to hijack but I bought a '99 Burro 17' Widebody two weeks ago and haven't met any other owners. Any known issues with the Burro? TIA

^^^Burros are pretty solid. Just be sure to repack the bearings regularly, and watch the torsion springs if you go off-road much. Also, beware the Burro website; it's still active, but the company had been belly-up for a long time- do not order any parts from them.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post

Holy shit that's cheep!!!
    Only $6K?
    no fridge or stove, POS grey import, of course its cheap. Those things have about as much power as an elastic band.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^Burros are pretty solid. Just be sure to repack the bearings regularly, and watch the torsion springs if you go off-road much. Also, beware the Burro website; it's still active, but the company had been belly-up for a long time- do not order any parts from them.
    Yup, learned that from some pre-buy research. Have to agree it's a solid, laid-out rig, and Burros don't have that "rat-hair" carpet on every wall/ceiling surface like a Casita or Scamp.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Yup, learned that from some pre-buy research. Have to agree it's a solid, laid-out rig, and Burros don't have that "rat-hair" carpet on every wall/ceiling surface like a Casita or Scamp.
    Congrats! I've actually been shopping for a 16' Scamp for a few years but I tend to be a attracted to the newer $$$ ones with roof a/c so I could use it locally and at the racetrack in the summer. Not sure if I'll ever buy one but it's a nice pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Congrats! I've actually been shopping for a 16' Scamp for a few years but I tend to be a attracted to the newer $$$ ones with roof a/c so I could use it locally and at the racetrack in the summer. Not sure if I'll ever buy one but it's a nice pipe dream.
    Thanks. This hasn't A/C installed and no genset, so I am looking at a portable A/C unit and portable generator, the latter in a vented lock box welded to the bumper.

Thanks. This hasn't A/C installed and no genset, so I am looking at a portable A/C unit and portable generator, the latter in a vented lock box welded to the bumper.
    Sounds like a good plan! A friend has a 16' Scamp with a window a/c that supposedly works really good. One of these days I'm going to call the factory to get pricing on new ones to figure out the whole cost equation thing. Seems like prices for ten year old models are only a couple thousand less than two year old models.

Damn, I gotta stop looking at this stuff. That thing is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    Just ran across this thing. Looks like a sweet little 4x4 diesel rig
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/3825392136.html
    Great price too. Won't last long.

Question for anyone who wants to answer...

Got about $7000 budget, looking for a camper van - preferably all wheel drive. Any models/engines I should be looking for/staying away from in that price range? Decent gas mileage is important, so nothing too big.
    Drive slow, homie.

That rat-hair serves a purpose. When it's below freezing, condensation forms on the inside walls while you sleep. So without the fur, it can be a rainy, drippy morning when it all starts to melt.

I'm sellin' my camper... Could be convinced to sell the truck too. Asking $6000 on craigslist, but I can make a deal for maggots. Posted on 'gear swap" too. Please let me know if you're interested.
    Don't ask.... Don't tele

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Question for anyone who wants to answer...

Got about $7000 budget, looking for a camper van - preferably all wheel drive. Any models/engines I should be looking for/staying away from in that price range? Decent gas mileage is important, so nothing too big.
    Hey bud,
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/rvs/3825243994.html

It's not a van, but it's 4x4. It's got the bulletproof 300 inline 6 motor with a stick shift, and the camper is a pop top. About as fuel-sippy as you can get for a full size rig.
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    That rat-hair serves a purpose. When it's below freezing, condensation forms on the inside walls while you sleep. So without the fur, it can be a rainy, drippy morning when it all starts to melt.

If this is too spammy, or the wrong forum, I'll delete it...

I'm selling a 1988 26' Jamboree class c. It's in good condition; all new tires, new fan clutch, new stereo, new gas tank sensor, new furnace thermostat. 105 hours on the Onan generator (works perfectly). Everything works: gas/electric systems, stove, microwave, fridge, furnace, plumbing, all tanks. It did have some minor roof leaks before I got it a couple years ago, but nothing major. It's now completely sealed. Less than 70k on the original Ford 460.

I need to move this fast. I'm going to list on Craigslist at $6900; if a mag wants it, it's yours for $6000. I'm north of Spokane, but could drive a reasonable distance to deliver.

PM me with any questions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	138235

Name:	IMG_1213.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	138240

Name:	IMG_1179.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	138241

Name:	IMG_1177.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	138242

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    Hey bud,
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/rvs/3825243994.html

It's not a van, but it's 4x4. It's got the bulletproof 300 inline 6 motor with a stick shift, and the camper is a pop top. About as fuel-sippy as you can get for a full size rig.
    yo mike! 190k miles! That's a bit tough to swallow, but you know better than me. Been looking at a 1987 Astro van/tiger conversion....Any thoughts there?
    Drive slow, homie.

Parking lot season extended! Volcano parking lot in northern California:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1369810435.000728.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	138268
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Hey guys, figured this might be worth a post- I'm unfortunately selling my '81 Tioga Fleetwood. I believe it's a 24' with the 305, duallys in the back and everything works well on it. She's got a new rear battery and charging cords, the water system pumps still test fine and she has been sitting, winterized, for about 3 years. She still starts and runs great, and everything- even the gas fridge and the roof A/C still work fine. The family friend who owns an RV repair/service station said the last owner must have parked it facing Mecca because everything works great and that's pretty unheard of. The heater needs a new spark plug boot, but that it literally a $10 part.

It appears there was a water issue a while back, and after using the roof A/C I figured out why- the drain hose for the AC was disconnected and so it would just pool the water on the roof and dribble down the side. Easy fix. Also now that I'm thinking about it, the awning is ripped as well.

Anyways, I'm going to list it for $3k, but if there are any mags interested, I'd sell it for $2500. She's got 135k on the clock I believe? Anyways, the only pain in the ass thing to do would be the running light/brakes wiring. She could use a rewire for those, but again that's easy stuff and I have a guy who specializes in that sort of thing if need be.

Here's a pic of how she looks now.

About to do a mural on her though to sweeten the deal if I need to, she should look like this in a few weeks if there are no buyers.

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I didn't mention but I also bought a Bandit last week. I will only keep one or the other, the Burro or the Bandit. If you want either one hit me up. TGR discount.

Tell me about the bandit?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Tell me about the bandit?
    http://burlington.craigslist.org/rvs/3808450971.html

This is a steal for a 4 Wheel Camper:

http://rockies.craigslist.org/rvs/3835627592.html

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    no fridge or stove, POS grey import, of course its cheap. Those things have about as much power as an elastic band.
    Meh, fridge and stove are easy and not all that expensive.
    Underpowered for some means better gas milage to others, and it's 4x4 with low miles for the price.
    The big negative for me is the RSD...

boltonoutlaw, you crack me up.
    How many in the quiver these days?