Page 431 of 507 FirstFirst ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,775 of 12666
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    That's where you're wrong. How did you hone your fiberglass skillz? Fuckin impressed.
    Years of smoking crack. On the Kodiak I rebuilt interior with foam/glass cupboards/walls as sort of a proof of concept. It works great. In terms of the rest, I built a foam/glass camper on a Suzuki Samurai years ago then put it on Camso tracks….. wet lay-up glassing is pretty simple, but messy. Epoxy is $$ too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Very cool! Can't wait to see how you like it after using for a bit. No black and grey is prob the way to go for shoulder seasons and winter use.
    It’s the way to go for us 4 seasons. Piss in a jug, shit in a bag (dry flush toilet), drain grey into 5 gallon bucket and dump it in the grass/snowbank.

Trackhead this is super cool, definitely very interested in seeing how this turns out. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Years of smoking crack...
    Not the hero we asked for but the hero we need

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Are you taking the components(batts, heater, etc) out of the TC to install in the new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Are you taking the components(batts, heater, etc) out of the TC to install in the new one?
    No getting all new stuff. I’m keeping old camper indefinitely as it has significant nostalgia for our family and maybe when my kid starts driving he can have it and ski bum out of it. Is that bad parenting? Probably

No getting all new stuff. I’m keeping old camper indefinitely as it has significant nostalgia for our family and maybe when my kid starts driving he can have it and ski bum out of it. Is that bad parenting? Probably

Most certainly not bad parenting. There are all kinds of legacies to leave our kids and yours is a unique one that the kid will cherish the rest of his life.

Very cool, look fwd to more detailed pics.

that new rig is awesome...elon may want a version for spaceX
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Nothing would make me more proud than kids that ski bum

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

As long as you put it on an appropriately cool old truck, definitely not bad parenting.

I remember your samurai on tracks from when I first joined the boards, that thing was cool.

Light enough that the camper jacks can bolt into the glass? Seems super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Light enough that the camper jacks can bolt into the glass? Seems super cool.
    There will be no camper jacks. Going to probably mount it permanently on flatbed. I have no use for this truck anyway. I rarely drive it. If not, it’s light enough to just use a come-along and winch it up a ramp. I can push it around solo in the driveway.

I guess you have a heated detached shop. I use brophy Jack's than have a dolly I can roll it around on into my garage.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I guess you have a heated detached shop. I use brophy Jack's than have a dolly I can roll it around on into my garage.
    Heated yeah, and well insulated. I use a 5kw diesel heater and it’s 60-65 when it’s 5 outside.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    that new rig is awesome...elon may want a version for spaceX
    SkiBumX hyperlite garage cured space frame technologies.

T-head would love to see your 5gal snowbank grey water setup. I'm thinking of making a little stand alone one for my truck bed. Just enough water/sink to rinse the coffee grounds off the jetboil etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

T-head would love to see your 5gal snowbank grey water setup. I'm thinking of making a little stand alone one for my truck bed. Just enough water/sink to rinse the coffee grounds off the jetboil etc.
    Our current camper and the one I’m building have a common exit for grey. Sink/shower just literally drain out the bottom into 5 gallon bucket. But drain point is kinda discreet tucked under camper a bit. Such minimal water usage it’s a non-event. Even a camper shower is only 1.5 gallons of use.

Down - midget mode
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-9126.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	760.3 KB 
ID:	434940

just noticed the kid! hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    just noticed the kid! hilarious!
    Photobomb.

Showdown Fri am 30$ ski you there?^

Trackhead, are you putting solar and a rack system on the roof? If so, how do you attach it. I've been eyeing a Tuffport truck camper solid fiberglass shell, out of Vancouver, BC. But your home made one is way cooler and goes up and down.

How much flex do you see in the wind?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Trackhead, are you putting solar and a rack system on the roof? If so, how do you attach it. I've been eyeing a Tuffport truck camper solid fiberglass shell, out of Vancouver, BC. But your home made one is way cooler and goes up and down.
    I am rolling the tufport. Have over 150 days in it since March. If you get their liner insulated model just drop the liner drill straight through use large washers for backers. I am somewhat disappointed with the insulation. I think TH version will be way better. Just ran out of propane last night after two weeks. Running heater from about 6pm to 9 am keeping temp at 65 when awake 50 at night. Nighttime temps in 20's. Be happy to answer questions about the tufport
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16692197873984846651909977484348.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	435149
    View right now
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Welding up custom flatbed and will have rack on rear that is part of flatbed, but elevated to keep departure angle good. Solar eventually but this thing was $$ to build so solar will be later.