Page 82 of 510 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by ACheateaux View Post
    how much and how long is it?
    I'll dig up the specs. Where you located? It's for sure close to 5ft long for sure and opens wider with "wings". Comes out from truck easily 7-8ft when pulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I've seen the inno awnings before and they're nice but not quite what I want. Of course I really want to get a nice cargo basket so I can mount awning on it as well as recovery gear. Although with the combined cost of that and the rhino awning it puts me close to what I'm going to pay for new front suspension(prob icons and camburg ucas). Of course would love a 4wheel camper too but I doubt that will ever happen $$$
    Check amazon for a Curt branded roof basket. Way cheaper than Thule and works very well. Might save ya some dough.

Looking for one longer than that. The EB E350 is a ton of real estate!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Check amazon for a Curt branded roof basket. Way cheaper than Thule and works very well. Might save ya some dough.
    Wal-mart literally has a roof basket for pretty reasonable and it is pretty decent. It is in the automotive section. Here's a thread where a guy put extensions on it to make it longer. http://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/188625-$100-walmart-roof-rack.html
    Last edited by Tryingtostaywarm; 12-01-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Sounds fun. I agree, a 4wd 7.3 van would be tits. But wayy out of my price range. By the way, saw your rig on the last page, I like your style.
    Attachment 172668
    I like the Ford. I sometimes wish I had extended/crew cab but I live downtown and it is long enough already. How many miles you got on that thing?

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I like the Ford. I sometimes wish I had extended/crew cab but I live downtown and it is long enough already. How many miles you got on that thing?
    Thanks. Shes a short bed so that makes it a bit more manageable driving around SLC but I do have a smaller daily driver so I don't deal with it too often. She has 272k on the clock, bought it with 261k on it about 2 years ago. Some days it is pretty long in the tooth but its been a damn fun truck to own for mountain adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Thanks. Shes a short bed so that makes it a bit more manageable driving around SLC but I do have a smaller daily driver so I don't deal with it too often. She has 272k on the clock, bought it with 261k on it about 2 years ago. Some days it is pretty long in the tooth but its been a damn fun truck to own for mountain adventures.
    Thatta boy. Racking up them miles! How's the electrical/little stuff holding up on it? I'm just to turn about 326k on mine..drivetrain is solid/frame/body but boy the electrical is extremely fragile. I can't even splice many of my original wires because they just fall apart when messing with them. So, basically I just re-wire entire sections when something goes out.

Thatta boy. Racking up them miles! How's the electrical/little stuff holding up on it? I'm just to turn about 326k on mine..drivetrain is solid/frame/body but boy the electrical is extremely fragile. I can't even splice many of my original wires because they just fall apart when messing with them. So, basically I just re-wire entire sections when something goes out.
    Sounds like we are in the same boat. Mine was a ranch truck for a while so the body is beat up and I have fixed lots of interior stuff. Usually when I start doing something electrical I wind up rewiring a lot more than I planned. I rebuilt all the door panels and fixed almost all of the interior rattles a few months ago, that was a big milestone. I need to redo the door weatherstripping and that will make a big difference in the wind noise driving down the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Mine isn't a pop up, but we are surrounded by windows.
    We have found that putting this material in each window of our rig makes a considerable difference in terms heat retention.
    The side/back wall of our hard side fits a 4 ft piece of the mylar/bubble perfectly between the bottom of the overhead cabinet and the seating surface. Pretty quick to slide it in and it insulates the whole wall as well as increases privacy. Then just pull it out (or fold down a corner to let light in), fold in thirds and slide it under the mattress. Amazing what the 1/4 inch of dead air space does.

It ain't stealthy (though a hardside camper on a crew cab F-250 is tough to hide or disguise anyway) or pretty but it works.

As seen on my street earlier this week:

Who was it?

He's got a helluva a bomb back there.

Checked in because I am going to be removing the rear seat in a gen4 Outback and putting in a platform to the back of the seats. I will brace it underneath and fit legs shaped to the floor to support it. Thinking about somehow using steel strapping plates and tying in to the bolts where the seat came out. I would feel a lot better having it locked down. So anyone who has tied a wood frame in to where the rear seat is or has thoughts-let me know.

Van is setup for test outing tomorrow night. Photos to follow.

If anyone has beta on a place/street I can get away with one-night in Dillon/Silverthorne with a stealthy van setup (arrive late, leave early, blacked-out Astro van) -- post 'em up or PM me. Hoping to have a brew or three at Dillon Dam brewery post-ski and would prefer not driving all the way back to Herman Gulch by Loveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    As seen on my street earlier this week:

Who was it?
    Looks like TJ's old van with a paint job.
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

Selling my rig. Check it out here! https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5361921125.html

Nice rig!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Sold already bye bye ultimate camping rig.

Anyone sleep in their truck at the top of berthoud pass? Is it kosher and is the bathroom open 24hrs?

^^^yes/yes. it'll be you and the plow drivers. no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    ^^^yes/yes. it'll be you and the plow drivers. no problems.
    Hot date night!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Hot date night!
    Sweet!

Screw parking lots, who's sleeping on barges on the inside passage to AK?!

Haha, nice...
    Haven't seen you around in a bit, what's Trackhead sporting these days?

Selling my rig. Check it out here! https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5361921125.html
    Missed it...
    What was it?

Had a good test-overnight in Bessie the Astro van last weekend. Stayed at Herman Gulch (two exits before Loveland off I70.) Besides for the bit of traffic noise, no-one bothered me. I was the only person in the lot in the evening.

Setup felt pretty dialed, but it was relatively warm (~10F). I expect it to be a good bit colder when I do my SW Colorado (Monarch/Wolf/Purgatory/Silverton) and JH/Driggs trips later this season.

Whiskey and books in the evening.

Coffee, breakfast, and heating liners and gloves in the AM. Little Buddy Heater just out of view by the gloves/liners.

Skins on. Started snowing ~4am by the time I finished uphill lap #2 ~7:30 there were 5 or 6 inches of fresh.

Reflectix on windows for a bit of insulation and privacy. Table's legs are sawed off. When I lay the backseat down it matches the height, which--along with another home-built table behind the back seat--makes a full-size sleeping platform with room underneath for skis/gear.

Pretty good conditions by the end of the day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1450804256.526747.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	173765 Stevens this wknd was the jam...

nice pics guys!