Page 45 of 510 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 12727
    life is amazing and caravans and travel trailers - Used Trailers for Sale - adds more creativity with fantasy to it and every one love it.

Truck camper mags: what do you do to clear snow off the roof of your camper? If you park/store it outside in winter, how do you keep the snow load from damaging the camper?

We got over 2' of snow in the last week, and I'm trying to clear it off the roof of our camper. I shoveled/ broomed off what I could reach, but there's still a decent pile down the center in the shape of a mohawk...

No damage is visible from inside, but I am concerned about the weight of all that snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Truck camper mags: what do you do to clear snow off the roof of your camper? If you park/store it outside in winter, how do you keep the snow load from damaging the camper?

We got over 2' of snow in the last week, and I'm trying to clear it off the roof of our camper. I shoveled/ broomed off what I could reach, but there's still a decent pile down the center in the shape of a mohawk...

No damage is visible from inside, but I am concerned about the weight of all that snow.
    I'm interested in this answer too. I'll be trying a large pushbroom.

I just get up on the roof and use a brush with an extended handle. A broom would probably be better/quicker.

for our popup, we have to clear the snow before collapsing. i have a 4 foot ladder and a 30" rubber wand floor squeegee with a long wooden handle. works good. brooms don't work very well, but we pack one too.

Truck camper mags: what do you do to clear snow off the roof of your camper?
    On the best days this is all you need:

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    On the best days this is all you need:

I bet you can suckstart that thing too........

Heh, I've been dealing with this as well this week (in addition to researching snowblowers). I went and bought one of these with an extended 6' handle at the local hardware store:

http://www.snohoe.com

I bought one of these to keep in the rig:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46178038-2569-4948-aa93-e0079e6ac54d_300.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	128879

EDIT: neither one is really ideal, but a combination of the two would be.

Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    Heh, I've been dealing with this as well this week (in addition to researching snowblowers). I went and bought one of these with an extended 6' handle at the local hardware store:

http://www.snohoe.com
    I'm going to look for one of those -- that would work great. The push broom I tried was average at best, it clogged up pretty fast.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas View Post
    for our popup, we have to clear the snow before collapsing. i have a 4 foot ladder and a 30" rubber wand floor squeegee with a long wooden handle. works good. brooms don't work very well, but we pack one too.

This is a good start but will take you forever when you have a lot of snow.
    I added a dam to mine.

The plastic is high impact, and not brittle so it can bend and fold (sort of) without breaking.
    I don't know if you have a Tap Plastics by you, but that is where I got the material for mine.
    It works great, moves a lot of snow fast and wont ruin the finish of your rig.
    I use small collapsable, telescoping scraper/brush/squeegee like the one pictured above for tight spaces and everything else.

This...http://www.snohoe.com/ DONE and DONE!
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    ^^^^That is awesome - have similar idea to do step up and storage for mine - will post up when it comes to fruition
    just built this today. almost the same as a pathfinder.

Name:	image (1).jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	497.8 KB 
ID:	128970

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356792057.077384.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	128988
    Couldn't resist the igloo set up, here's ours from last season.

Sno-rake specifically designed for automotive, truck and RV applications. Will not scratch and very effective. Still need a ladder though.
    http://www.snorake.com/

Building out my camp van currently. I took it to Wolf Creek last night. Got a little chilly, but I haven't have the chance to make any coverings for the windows. My wife is going to sew some curtains tomorrow.

Name:	IMG_0264.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	129143

Name:	IMG_0225.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	129144

Name:	IMG_0234.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	129145
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Has any one here dealt with a leaky camper roof? Mine is leaking around a pop up roof vent. I've sealed it with some out door caulk and it is still leaking. I was thinking maybe the vent it self is letting water in some where. I was also thinking about getting a DIY roll on bed liner kit and doing the whole roof of the camper. Its an older camper so i figured it would be a good idea to reseal the whole roof some how. Any ideas or opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by CruJones33 View Post
    Has any one here dealt with a leaky camper roof? Mine is leaking around a pop up roof vent. I've sealed it with some out door caulk and it is still leaking. I was thinking maybe the vent it self is letting water in some where. I was also thinking about getting a DIY roll on bed liner kit and doing the whole roof of the camper. Its an older camper so i figured it would be a good idea to reseal the whole roof some how. Any ideas or opinions?
    Eternabond tape is supposed to work great -- supposedly pretty much permanent, for the life of the camper, and very difficult to remove if you screw up installing it.
    http://www.eternabond.com/

That tape + white DIY roll-on bedliner seems like a good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by CruJones33 View Post
    that's one to not put off. Cleaning the rig up getting ready for a trip i discovered rotting wood and a nice mildewey mattress, which i understand is near impossible to clean and a serious health hazard. I caulked the offending window but the ac unit is problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by snuttypants View Post
    just built this today. almost the same as a pathfinder.

Name:	image (1).jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	497.8 KB 
ID:	128970

Assuming that is what I think it is, check out Sleeping In The Back of The Xterra

I crashed in mine 2 nights last fall, no platform though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Saw a nice pop up truck camper up at the teardrop parking lot on W side of Mansfield last weekend - that EC mag on here? Nice rig -
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Assuming that is what I think it is, check out Sleeping In The Back of The Xterra

I crashed in mine 2 nights last fall, no platform though.
    I'm on the new x also and have kept up with that just never got around posting the build up

5 hours left on the eeb:
    1980 Land Rover Defender RV

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    That thing is actually pretty sweet looking.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    5 hours left on the eeb:
    1980 Land Rover Defender RV
    Wow - that thing is pretty stout.....it looks like the water heater is a super store that heats off engine and stays hot/warm for 36 hrs - that is awesomest rv thing ever.

and deserves a link in hopes of mag purchase

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...22#description
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man