Page 229 of 239 FirstFirst ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 5957
  1. #5701
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,396
    That one is very well done.
    My lady liked the 28í versions, with walk around beds.
    They would be fun to configure.

    Dream big if youíre going to dream.

  2. #5702
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    404
    https://escapetrailer.com/

    Escape choose your size. Airstream quality at half the price. We have a 21 that works for our family of 3. You can get a lifted axle for more clearance but anything you can stand up in will be fireroads or easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Any recommendations for a trailer with the following specs:
    Can be towed by a Tacoma
    Shitter and shower built in
    Some 4wd driving- would be nice to have some clearance
    Big enough to walk around in- not a teardrop
    Hard sided- no pop ups

    Wife is leaning towards an airstream Basecamp but I'd like something slightly bigger, higher, and cheaper.

  3. #5703
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    https://escapetrailer.com/

    Escape choose your size. Airstream quality at half the price. We have a 21 that works for our family of 3. You can get a lifted axle for more clearance but anything you can stand up in will be fireroads or easier.
    Yes ^^^

    Escape 17B with the high-lift kit. There are some A/T tires that will fit the stock wheels that I will upgrade to when these tires wear out. These are not off-road trailers, but fine for some rough dirt roads as long as you don't push it. The 17B is 6'4" wide so pretty much the exact same width as the truck, which makes a big difference in where you can go. We spent a week in the Eastern Sierra last July and never camped in a campground.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5155.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	989.6 KB 
ID:	319803

  4. #5704
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Posts
    1,636
    Nice trailer! Are the Escapes well insulated? I didnt see it called out on the overview descriptions on their site, but may have missed it in my quick read.

  5. #5705
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Nice trailer! Are the Escapes well insulated? I didnt see it called out on the overview descriptions on their site, but may have missed it in my quick read.
    Ours is a 2017. At that time there was an option for extra interior insulation, but I believe that is standard now. Additionally you can get spray foam insulation on the underside to protect the tanks from freezing, and 12v heat pads for the tanks if you want. There are also dual-pane window options. We got all of that and it's fairly comfortable in the winter. Moisture buildup is always the biggest issue when winter camping, so we end up with the roof vent open.

  6. #5706
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    70
    Escape is made in Chilliwack, BC so Yankee $ goes a long way. Great quality almost comparable to Bigfoot made in Armstrong, BC.
    http://www.bigfootrv.com/m/bigfoot_r...00_series.html
    https://escapetrailer.com/

  7. #5707
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    419
    I noticed this thread went dead all of a sudden. Has everybody with an RV or camper bugged out completely? Hunkered down a few miles up a fire road someplace?

  8. #5708
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    70
    Like everybody else I'm stuck at home so am polishing our 24' class C by hand which is not a task to be taken lightly.

  9. #5709
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    419
    Nice
    Me too so I took it as a chance to set up the Coleman and rip out a broken cabinet, clean it up etc.

  10. #5710
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    20 steps from the hot tub
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I noticed this thread went dead all of a sudden. Has everybody with an RV or camper bugged out completely? Hunkered down a few miles up a fire road someplace?
    Soon.

  11. #5711
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    9,392
    Saw this rig before shit fully hit the fan. Seemed like a nice little setup.



  12. #5712
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    10,549
    Thats the machine right there or very close. Swap that bigfoot onto a tacoma after 1996 and thatd have it

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  13. #5713
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Saw this rig before shit fully hit the fan. Seemed like a nice little setup.


    That's a 4x4 sunrader. I've read quite a bit about them. I understand there were only a few done as 4x4s but some people are buying rwds and putting in the investment to convert them. It does seem like we should have something like that available nowadays. I understand that our current mid size trucks would need major upgrades to handle the weight but maybe a Titan or an f150.

  14. #5714
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    9,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    It does seem like we should have something like that available nowadays. I understand that our current mid size trucks would need major upgrades to handle the weight but maybe a Titan or an f150.
    Yeah. In the age of #vanlife, it's kind of surprising that no one is making something comparable to that in a sub-earthroamer price point.

  15. #5715
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah. In the age of #vanlife, it's kind of surprising that no one is making something comparable to that in a sub-earthroamer price point.
    Yes! All I want is a 35k truck with a 30k camper on the back. Is that too much to ask?

  16. #5716
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tahoe-ish
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That's a 4x4 sunrader. I've read quite a bit about them. I understand there were only a few done as 4x4s but some people are buying rwds and putting in the investment to convert them. It does seem like we should have something like that available nowadays. I understand that our current mid size trucks would need major upgrades to handle the weight but maybe a Titan or an f150.
    I believe that's Kurt Gensheimer (nee The Angry Singlespeeder). He converted his 2wd to 4x4 over the winter and just took a big ski trip to Canada etc. Reports are that the rig did well, even with the extreme rear overhang.

    It certainly does seem like there would be a market for a similar configuration. A mini earth roamer for $60k would likely sell well.

    Personally, I maintain that the way to go is buy a beater small class A RV for $5-8k and not have to work so much. I wonder if the van bubble will finally pop now that the great covid depression is coming.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

  17. #5717
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    7,699
    Can confirm it’s Kurt’s. He did some nice work on it.

    I think he hit 50 mph on the uphills.

  18. #5718
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    661
    Saw this thing on the street. bad picture but I just grabbed it to look into the brand. Ford chassis, 4x4 and not overly gigantic.

  19. #5719
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    419
    Just in case anybody is interested. I don't know the guy or anything. I was thinking about going to look at it but it won’t fit my truck.
    https://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/...099467668.html
    Name:  F1A92499-B5DF-4C4D-8AED-D3D91F689C4D.jpeg
Views: 1468
Size:  73.1 KB
    Last edited by Brownski; 04-01-2020 at 09:24 AM.

  20. #5720
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Galena
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Yes ^^^

    Escape 17B with the high-lift kit. There are some A/T tires that will fit the stock wheels that I will upgrade to when these tires wear out. These are not off-road trailers, but fine for some rough dirt roads as long as you don't push it. The 17B is 6'4" wide so pretty much the exact same width as the truck, which makes a big difference in where you can go. We spent a week in the Eastern Sierra last July and never camped in a campground.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5155.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	989.6 KB 
ID:	319803
    Buttermilk Rd?

  21. #5721
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Teton Village
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    Attachment 317090

    Used this spartan setup for 5 consecutive nights in NH and ME a couple weeks ago including a night of -12 F near Woodstock. My bag is warm. The bed was fine. Will use it in the west too. Just need to implement a vent to mitigate condensation instead of opening the window and letting snow or other precipitation into my 2 ton bivysac.
    Thatís a pretty sweet up. Purely anecdotal observations lead me to believe the highest rate of success among vehicle habitators belongs to the simplest designs.

    Itís fun to meet those who have preformed great exploits. Maybe someone who swam the Channel, crazy ski feats or climbed an 8000m peak back in the day. I emit the same reverence for those who lived in their car for the Winter. Itís pretty hard, regardless of how fancy your rig is.

    There was a skid here about 8 years ago and he did two? near perfect seasons with the above ^^^ rig, albeit Subaru. I know some guys that braved out a full JH Winter in a Westy, they had the furnace though. Condensation is a tough one.

    Itís still a rough endeavor. Iíd love to hear how some of the other dirtbag innovations did.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel



    Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

    Mark Twain

  22. #5722
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    seatown
    Posts
    3,377

    Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

    .
    Last edited by shroom; 04-04-2020 at 07:30 PM. Reason: image no worky

  23. #5723
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    10,549
    ^^escapes are nice trailers. Made in chilliwack. The price jumped up a bit possibly after they won a few awards. Still reasonably priced. Less expensive than a lot of other 2 piece fibreglass units. I keep looking at those.
    Saw this the other day. Looks functional for short tripsAttachment 323848Attachment 323849

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  24. #5724
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Buttermilk Rd?
    Yup! I've got a whole bunch of spots bookmarked in the Eastern Sierra for camping with that rig. That's one of my favorites -- about a mile past the boulders.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1740.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	1,003.1 KB 
ID:	324272
    Last edited by skysos; 04-06-2020 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Photo uploader finally working

  25. #5725
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    seatown
    Posts
    3,377
    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    .
    second try

    this is dope

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9563.JPG 
Views:	304 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	324618

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •