Page 327 of 508 FirstFirst ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 12696
    /end thread

That thing is fkn titties. Sub in an old summit 670 and itd be skitouring base camp off a few snowmobile roads i now ski up

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

600 lb camper.

Bizarre video though. Manages to use underexposed video from weird angles so you can’t really see the product.

Since WRG has decided to buy dentist bikes instead of my camper, I have posted my Trillium Fiberglass camper in Gear Swap.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Bizarre video though. Manages to use underexposed video from weird angles so you can’t really see the product.
    Seriously, WTF. That video producer should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Seriously, WTF. That video producer should be fired.

Don't like it myself, but I'm sure that look was by design.

They seemed to be purposely vague in that video. Looks tiny.

Maybe it's not a production model so they didn't want close-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Maybe it's not a production model so they didn't want close-ups.
    Or to generate further curiosity so you actually go find one, irl.

The Rosé Getaway Glamper
    The ultimate glamping experience.
    Asking $12,000
    Located in Wilseyville, CA

•Measures 7 ft x 10 ft
    •Built on brand new 5 x 10 trailer
    •Lightweight and compact for easy towing
    •30 amp 125v electrical
    •Fully furnished
    •Sleeps 1-3 people
    •Custom convertible sofa bed with removable faux fur cover
    •Full kitchenette with sink, two burner stovetop, retro style mini fridge with freezer, cutting board countertops, and custom cabinetry for tons of storage space
    •Bathroom with flush toilet, shower, and vanity lighting
    •Built in office nook
    •Remote controlled battery powered lighting throughout (never get up or wait to plug in to turn on the lights again!)
    •Two exterior storage/utility sheds
    •Exterior solar lights with mounted mini panels
    •Custom operable window shutters
    •Drop down detachable porch with faux grass, bistro set with mini market umbrella and bbq grill
    •Yes, all the rosé is also included 🥂
    •Selling as is.. Cash only.
    •Will not transport unless local, but will help find transport if you cannot move yourself.

Be the star of every campground you stay at, or make it your own little backyard bungalow. This tiny house glamper is sure to wow wherever you take it.

Watch the video tour here:

https://youtu.be/_M-RMScPM20
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The flush toilet will fill the Black water tank quickly. (Are there tanks? No mention...)

I thought that Rose thing was a parody. Is it not?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Hey guys.
    Is there a calculating tool to find how heavy of a slide in camper I can throw on my half ton truck?
    Im looking at one that has dry weight of 700kg which is 1543lbs according to the googs.
    Its a 2000 f150 6'5 box with the tow package, has some weird shit under the steering wheel for braking while towing. Quite rusted, so not sure I want to even try and throw airbags in there.
    Camper is a 7ft 7 Somerset fiberglass deal. Price is pretty much exactly what I want to pay and it seems to have everything I need.

Thank you team!

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Hey guys.
    Is there a calculating tool to find how heavy of a slide in camper I can throw on my half ton truck?
    Im looking at one that has dry weight of 700kg which is 1543lbs according to the googs.
    Its a 2000 f150 6'5 box with the tow package, has some weird shit under the steering wheel for braking while towing. Quite rusted, so not sure I want to even try and throw airbags in there.
    Camper is a 7ft 7 Somerset fiberglass deal. Price is pretty much exactly what I want to pay and it seems to have everything I need.

Thank you team!
    The camper you want is a three quarter ton dry, your truck is a half ton, that’s the payload

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The camper you want is a three quarter ton dry, your truck is a half ton, that’s the payload

This is what I initially thought, but then read stuff like this link from Lance Campers.
    https://www.lancecamper.com/truck-campers/650/
    It says
    Designed specifically for half-ton pick-up trucks with 5' and 6' beds, the 650 is a high quality full featured lightweight truck camper, built for the active lifestyle with 100% Lance DNA!

With a dry weight of 1,700 pounds which includes class leading standard features like aluminum frame construction,
    So that has a higher dry weight and is built for half ton trucks?

This is what I initially thought, but then read stuff like this link from Lance Campers.
    It says

Read through this thread, most want at least a 3/4 ton for a camper like that. Lance wants to sell campers.

It says

Should be a sticker on door jamb of the truck listing the payload as built. I would check the load range on your tires as well to see if they have the capacity to carry the weight. Also plan on adding 500lbs to dry weight for water, propane, and beer.

I'm picking up a 6.5' FWC (pop-up) in a couple weeks so I'm adding a leaf to my spring package and putting better shocks on my 1/2 ton. Air bags have a function but adding load capacity is not one. Air bags can level the truck and help adjust the ride quality.

Read through this thread, most want at least a 3/4 ton for a camper like that. Lance wants to sell campers.

So your saying its doable!

But in all seriousness, as mentioned above by hopeless sinner, is it worth putting some leaf springs and tires, or better off looking for a bigger truck or smaller camper?

I think the 1/2T, 3/4T, 1T nomenclature may have been an accurate representation for payload at one point, but I don't think it applies except in relative terms today.

So your saying its doable!

But in all seriousness, as mentioned above by hopeless sinner, is it worth putting some leaf springs and tires, or better off looking for a bigger truck or smaller camper?

There aren't any trucks available and the ones that are have prices that are imho way overpriced. Please look at your payload # and get back to us. I have been trying to put together a truck and TC for 18 months now and I finally came to the conclusion that it was never going to happen unless I used the truck I already owned. That meant going w the lighter, smaller FWC and having work done on my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    There aren't any trucks available and the ones that are have prices that are imho way overpriced. Please look at your payload # and get back to us. I have been trying to put together a truck and TC for 18 months now and I finally came to the conclusion that it was never going to happen unless I used the truck I already owned. That meant going w the lighter, smaller FWC and having work done on my truck.
    GVWR is 6250lb
    Front GAWR is 3600lb
    Rear GAWR is 3550lb

Seen some trucks around here for sale. But yeah do like the idea of keeping my truck because I know what its been up to for the past 5 years.

GVWR is 6250lb
    Front GAWR is 3600lb
    Rear GAWR is 3550lb

Seen some trucks around here for sale. But yeah do like the idea of keeping my truck because I know what its been up to for the past 5 years.
    Those are gross weight not payload

Those are gross weight not payload

Yep.
    Nothing else on the door though so figured it was better than nothing.
    Probably need to weight it to find the payload

GVWR is 6250lb
    Front GAWR is 3600lb
    Rear GAWR is 3550lb

Since there was no "as built" weight the owners manual will have the carrying capacity. Based on a quick ggl you're probably borderline on the camper you've found unless the truck is equipped w an option for increased payload which is rare.

Just checked mine and it's GVWR is 6800lbs w a payload of 1595lbs according to the manual. 2013 Tundra reg cab, 6.5' bed.

Yep.
    Nothing else on the door though so figured it was better than nothing.
    Probably need to weight it to find the payload
    If you can't find the info in the manual, you'll need to weigh it. It costs $10-$20 at a scale.

GVWR - actual weight w passengers/fuel = payload