Page 291 of 295 FirstFirst ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 7360
    FWIW, snorkels are also good for getting cleaner air to the engine when you're in dusty/sandy areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The snorkel is my favorite part. As if anyone will ever drive it through water deep enough to require a snokel, or that the electronics wouldn't fry if you actually did.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

What the hell is a gaucho bench?

"A gaucho or gaúcho is a skilled horseman, reputed to be brave and unruly. The gaucho is a symbol in Argentina, Uruguay and Rio Grande do Sul state, southern Brazil. Gauchos became greatly admired and renowned in legends, folklore and literature and became an important part of their regional cultural tradition. Wikipedia"

We also use a nice down comforter and reflectix, and I click on the heater a few times a night too. But I don't have quite as many windows, drivers side has just one in the back. I don't believe less windows are more stealth. Too many vans out there these days, if you park in the wrong spot you are probably the 100th van to do it and not having windows isn't going to trick anyone. Just an opinion though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5343.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	358957

Rideski can't you replace some of those windows with metal? Easy or not?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Expensive but pretty dope Astro Tiger Van

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...264510120.html

Yeah I mean maybe a bit pricey, but everything is done......pretty much turn key. its nice...the 4wd conversion is sweet.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    FWIW, snorkels are also good for getting cleaner air to the engine when you're in dusty/sandy areas.
    Someone said the same thing a few posts above...it has become a cliche in Broverland circles. The typical ram air snorkels don’t significantly help with the dust situation (that extra 2.5 ft is no big deal) but some come with a pre filter that obviously helps. The cone intake snorkels are based on actual dust science but aren’t popular in the US (from what I’ve seen anyway) other than on mining rigs etc

I feel like the whole concept of a "stealth" van went out the window a couple years ago. Even my 60+ year old suburban mom knows about vanlifers and pretty much assumes any van without lettering for "Bob's Plumbing" is someone squatting.
    Live Free or Die

A friend of mine owns the local awning sewing shop. She’s going to make me some custom fit window covers with hook that will attach to the carpet liner in my shell. Expensive but worth it. Not trying for insulation, just privacy.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I feel like the whole concept of a "stealth" van went out the window a couple years ago. Even my 60+ year old suburban mom knows about vanlifers and pretty much assumes any van without lettering for "Bob's Plumbing" is someone squatting.
    This. Camped in a built out astro van for a while, thought I could be stealth but absolutely no chance. Especially in the winter, when I was putting reflectix in the windows. Said f it, sold the van and bought a pop up truck camper. Figured if I couldn't be stealth I might as well be able to stand up and have a heater...

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    A friend of mine owns the local awning sewing shop. She’s going to make me some custom fit window covers with hook that will attach to the carpet liner in my shell. Expensive but worth it. Not trying for insulation, just privacy.
    I got hooked up with some covers by a family member with crafting skills. Rare earth magnets, duct tape and amazon suction cups. Used some left over thinsulate with black side out one one side, reflectex on the other. With black side out it just looks like a dark van to the casual glance.

I think it comes down to choice of parking spot. If you bed down in front of the country club you're gonna have a bad time. Walmart or a dark industrial/office park worked better but I'm only a night or two in.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I keep meaning to get a magnetic door sticker for the van. Something like “Ace Groundwater Contamination Analysis LLC”

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I keep meaning to get a magnetic door sticker for the van. Something like “Ace Groundwater Contamination Analysis LLC”
    That, some yellow and black hazard stickers on the rear, and a "how's my driving? Call 1-800-..." sticker.

Park anywhere you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That, some yellow and black hazard stickers on the rear, and a "how's my driving? Call 1-800-..." sticker.

Park anywhere you want.
    Like this one?

Name:  il_794xN.2049918207_t9wn.jpg
Views: 2226
Size:  51.8 KB

I've taken a similar approach with pickup trucks - white ones to always look like a contractor vehicle.

"Sorry ma'm, I'm just here to inspect a burst sewer line"

*Edit: " Sorry KAREN" (duh)

Gaucho bed

https://itstillruns.com/build-gaucho...r-7875795.html

And yeah, stealth is dead. Seven or eight years ago, we would park our van pretty much anywhere and it was cool. Places like the park by Mirror Pond in Bend, go to the bars and then back to the van to sleep or downtown Missoula. 3-4 years ago, we stopped doing it because instead of being one of a couple vans in a town at any given time, it turned into tens and then twenties and so on. We see them all over the place in our neighborhood...karma I guess. Now we stay in the woods and ski area parking lots.

I have a snorkel on my 80. Prior owner installed it. I wouldn’t have. I have a Donaldson cyclone pre-filter and it really does pull some dirt out.

Not sure if this has been posted here but '93 NL 6'10 in Sac for $12.5k

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/fo...266718252.html

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Ah, thanks. I searched gaucho bench instead of bed and nothing came up but a crappy rustic bench with cowhide. Ours is a Westy Ford conversion so I don't think it's technically a gaucho.

Completely comfy here in the Sugarloaf parking lot. Probably -5 last night, no problem keeping the inside in the 60's, which we consider comfortable.
    Promaster with a build that was around $5,000.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skins drying.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	629.3 KB 
ID:	360506
    If you have the time, and like doing projects, this doesn't have to be crazy expensive.

Moar pics pls. Chinese diesel heater? Is that a curtain rod holding shit up?

Moar pics pls. Chinese diesel heater? Is that a curtain rod holding shit up?
    The curtain rod is a copper plumbing pipe.

The heating is a Suburban propane furnace. The 20 lb tank is in a metal drum, sealed and vented using marine pass thrus and principles.
    The stove is run on 1 lb propane tanks. We may run it to the main tank, or may keep it as is.

Name:	IMG_20200613_163153973.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	965.9 KB 
ID:	360675
    The kitchen unit is a Harbor Freight rolling tool chest.

Name:	IMG_20201011_180707292_HDR.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	360676
    The bed is a 6 inch trifold mattress on an easily removable trifold ATV ramp

Name:	IMG_20200613_173623645.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	360677

Name:	KIMG0997.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	658.5 KB 
ID:	360679

I like that^^^^. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Artic Fox in Kalispell, $20k. No idea if that is a good price, but this one looks like it has been well taken care of.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8378796250909/

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Mileage not listed, but 7.3 + 4x4 fans, no excuses: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...270847460.html

(not mine, but would have saved me a lot of money if it was)

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Mileage not listed, but 7.3 + 4x4 fans, no excuses: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...270847460.html

(not mine, but would have saved me a lot of money if it was)
    Damn. Much want.

I could see a DIY conversion on this 4X4 Chevy: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Anybody using a Sterling battery-battery DC charger? How did you wire up the +out connection? Having a hell of a time getting it to work. Everything detects and LED's lit appropriately but no change in battery state of charge after 8 hrs on the road. +OUT line connects to the system's + main bus bar, not the +battery terminal (although +terminal obviously directly wired to + main bus bar so it shouldn't matter?)

We just wired mine in. I'll check against your questions and get back to you