Page 195 of 508 FirstFirst ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 12697
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That sucks man, sorry. How did they remove it? Pick the locks, break the mounts? I don't know how those are secured.
    8x 13mm nuts/bolts. Pain in the ass to bolt down. Can't believe someone got away with it without waking me up.
    Would have been easier to break the roof rails but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Slightly related but if anyone sees a trail tailor brand rooftop tent pop up for sale let me know.
    Stolen off my land cruiser last night in Seattle.
    I’ve had sleep like that before too. But can’t, you know, just unzip the door and see where the thief took you?

I kid. Sorry to hear. That sucks. Best of luck in its recovery.

8x 13mm nuts/bolts. Pain in the ass to bolt down. Can't believe someone got away with it without waking me up.
    Would have been easier to break the roof rails but they didn't.
    Sux. Most likely set up in a homeless encampment now.

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Sux. Most likely set up in a homeless encampment now.
    They always look like that anyway if you don't note the vehicle underneath! dohhh.....

Teasing aside pyromaniacman129, that's b.s. and hope it gets resolved. Is there anyway to lock those things to the rack?

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    They always look like that anyway if you don't note the vehicle underneath! dohhh.....

Teasing aside pyromaniacman129, that's b.s. and hope it gets resolved. Is there anyway to lock those things to the rack?
    Kinda. Security mounts that make it harder but then they just cut the bars on the rack. Just shitty it's at that point in Seattle. I need a garage again.
    Honestly wondered about it being a homeless thing but based on how quiet/precise of an operation and how big it is there's no way they did it without a car.

Kinda. Security mounts that make it harder but then they just cut the bars on the rack. Just shitty it's at that point in Seattle. I need a garage again.
    Honestly wondered about it being a homeless thing but based on how quiet/precise of an operation and how big it is there's no way they did it without a car.
    Well bummer that happened. I bought my daughter a bike years ago as her only transportation. Someone cut the cable and off it went. I was extremely pissed. But your damned either way it seems if they have the tools and desire.

I was renting a u haul in South Seattle and they said they have been routinely having their trucks stolen. Homeless guys steal the truck, steal copper wire (or roof tents, apparently) and the ditch the truck later. So it could have definitely been a homeless guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    I was renting a u haul in South Seattle and they said they have been routinely having their trucks stolen. Homeless guys steal the truck, steal copper wire (or roof tents, apparently) and the ditch the truck later. So it could have definitely been a homeless guy.
    I think that's where my other sock went. Fuckin' homeless guys!

Looking at travel trailers - any decent 4 season brands or models to look into?

If you mean truly four seasons as in real winter and good for skiing then IMHO Bigfoot is the only option worth considering. Made in Armstrong BC. Check this out.
    https://www.bigfootrv.com/bigfoot_rv...00_series.html
    Pricey for sure but resale value is great and not so expensive if buying with US$

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    If you mean truly four seasons as in real winter and good for skiing then IMHO Bigfoot is the only option worth considering. Made in Armstrong BC. Check this out.
    https://www.bigfootrv.com/bigfoot_rv...00_series.html
    Pricey for sure but resale value is great and not so expensive if buying with US$
    Definitely other options out there, such as Oliver, Northwoods, Lance, etc.

IMO, the biggest factor in making a tow trailer winter capable is applying a skirt (and even better with a small heater) around the trailer, along with determining a power source to run both the heater, and the furnace fans. Ducting of the furnace to the tanks and plumbing is next, and maybe tank heating pads (again needing a stable power source). Condensation control third. Insulation of the rest of the unit including the windows can be managed by a couple little tricks like reflectex and a mattress heater.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    IMO, the biggest factor in making a tow trailer winter capable is applying a skirt (and even better with a small heater) around the trailer, along with determining a power source to run both the heater, and the furnace fans. Ducting of the furnace to the tanks and plumbing is next, and maybe tank heating pads (again needing a stable power source). Condensation control third. Insulation of the rest of the unit including the windows can be managed by a couple little tricks like reflectex and a mattress heater.
    Which are all good reasons to avoid travel trailers for ski lot parking (not to mention pulling the thing on dicey roads). Honestly, if someone wants a ski lot worthy camper, a slide in camper in a 4x4 truck or an awd or 4x4 van makes the most sense in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Looking at travel trailers - any decent 4 season brands or models to look into?
    My buddy has an Arctic Fox. Does well in winter conditions and hasn't had any issues.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That sucks man, sorry. How did they remove it? Pick the locks, break the mounts? I don't know how those are secured.
    sucks. sounds like shit it is getting real out your way.

buy a work van, get a shotgun,

see how they feel about it then.

just sayin.

dude is legit in my book.

Trip number 3 in the van last weekend and I am stoked on it. Just enough space for the wife and I and it's ready to go at any time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

^ i like
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

saw this crazy little number was parked across the St from my office last week
    wish I could have seen the inside
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8957.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	289840

Name:	IMG_8958.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	289841
    skid luxury

Updated my accommodations for the winter. The truck camper was awesome but needed a little more space. Gotta add some better snow tires and should be all set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

Used to see that all the time at Crystal in WA
    Last edited by Norseman; 07-31-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

Saw that near Granby CO last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    Updated my accommodations for the winter. The truck camper was awesome but needed a little more space. Gotta add some better snow tires and should be all set.

Looks like a sweet machine. What kind of equipment did you go for? Furnace or cooktop maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Looks like a sweet machine. What kind of equipment did you go for? Furnace or cooktop maybe?

Espar desiel furnace and tankless water heater. No built in cooktop, but I carry a instant pot and a jet boil. Works pretty well for coffee and hot lunch while in from skiing.

Setup really well for family camping too

What truck camper did you have? Having never camper in a sprinter, I'm curious if it would feel like it has "more space." Walking around in them, it feels like a bit less, but of course that would depend on the truck camper in question. Just trying to figure out if there's some other functional component I'm not considering.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk