Page 419 of 510 FirstFirst ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 12727
    ^That's so 3rd week of september
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I've got my old 105ah house battery available in north Seattle, upgraded to Lithium so this needs to find a home. Mag deal $150?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/e...524098325.html

What are the dimensions? My tent trailer came with a dead battery so it could use an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    I've got my old 105ah house battery available in north Seattle, upgraded to Lithium so this needs to find a home. Mag deal $150?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/e...524098325.html

I get a chuckle out of the #vanlife vs truck camper chatter. Both have their merits. Me; I’m in the latter camp for utility. I can drop the camper and use the truck or day trips with the dirt or track bikes. Then, when it comes time for a proper trip - drop the camper on the truck. And when it’s 35 degrees and raining, my camper becomes the party box. It works pretty nice.

But on the flip side; I get the #vanlife thing. They are smaller and can get back to tighter spots a little easier. They are easier for ninja-style street camping in ski towns. And, van are seemingly looked better upon than a camper, especially out west where there’s a thin line between a legit camper and full-on tweaker meth camper.

I often debate upgrading my two house batteries to Lithium units, but I don’t use it that much where I need that much power for that long.

I did learn after our successful trip to Mammoth last year after Christmas that I’m not running the heater all day in the camper. While the pipes didn’t freeze; the heater fan sucked too much batter power and the freeze-thaw on the roof wasn’t ideal. I think I’ll cave and pack a 10+ gallon water jug in the camper for winter excursions this year.

For me the ability to leave the camper behind isn't important, and a pass trough is, which is why I fall on the van life side of things.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I LOVE the GFC, but you can't stealth in it. Really the only knock. I drive to concerts and the like often and the ability to stealth has got me leaning towards a van. I would be perfectly happy with a 2WD one and save the Tundra+GFC for times when I absolutely must have 4x4 when winter storm chasing.

Summer concerts/bike races a 2WD van would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    For me the ability to leave the camper behind isn't important, and a pass trough is, which is why I fall on the van life side of things.
    I get that. I miss that feature, but not enough to dedicate an entire rig to… yet, especially with the compromises.

If I ever went that route; I’d want a truck-frame RV with 4wd or AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I get that. I miss that feature, but not enough to dedicate an entire rig to… yet, especially with the compromises.

If I ever went that route; I’d want a truck-frame RV with 4wd or AWD.

so, who currently is making a 4 season truck-framed RV with 4WD or AWD?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    This is the one I drool over, same company that used to make a smaller version based on the Chevy astro

https://www.tigervehicles.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    This is the one I drool over, same company that used to make a smaller version based on the Chevy astro

Yah, that. Or find an older 2wd unit, bit the bullet, and have it 4wd converted. Or suck it up with chains or studded tires.

Pretty sweet setup on this sienna

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post

they don't list a price. any idea how much?

Google says starting at 248,500
    off your knees Louie

Yeah insane expensive. I need to see how they do the front seal over the cab, the next one I do may be buying a rolling chassis and go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Yah, that. Or find an older 2wd unit, bit the bullet, and have it 4wd converted. Or suck it up with chains or studded tires.
    It’s about that time of year to stir up the old debate…. We are about to hit 100k on our 2017 RWD 170 sprinter. We drive this thing all over CO, WY, UT, winter and summer. She’s getting her second set of stud-less blizacks next month. Built out, she’s a beast in the snow. Fucking kills it. Chains have gone on maybe 6 times. Always LCC or Teton pass on a big day. Rarely need them for Teton pass as they do such a good job with that road.

Have gotten her stuck in the mud twice. Both times after a big overnight rain at campsites outside of crested butte, and both times able to self rescue with traction boards. (No they are not strapped to the outside of van)

Chains, traction boards, and real shovel are always in there

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    What are the dimensions? My tent trailer came with a dead battery so it could use an upgrade.
    https://fullriverbattery.com/product/dc105-12/

12*6.5*9 give or take

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    At that price point I would be hunting for an older Earthroamer.

Or a nice shack in the Alps.

Or a nice shack in the Alps.
    Does it now cost more to camp in a parking lot in the US than to live in Europe? Asking for a friend.

Name:  8EB7CB0B-D8A9-4BC5-9A50-3936C89B12DF.jpeg
Views: 1363
Size:  27.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    It’s about that time of year to stir up the old debate…. We are about to hit 100k on our 2017 RWD 170 sprinter. We drive this thing all over CO, WY, UT, winter and summer. She’s getting her second set of stud-less blizacks next month. Built out, she’s a beast in the snow. Fucking kills it. Chains have gone on maybe 6 times. Always LCC or Teton pass on a big day. Rarely need them for Teton pass as they do such a good job with that road.

Have gotten her stuck in the mud twice. Both times after a big overnight rain at campsites outside of crested butte, and both times able to self rescue with traction boards. (No they are not strapped to the outside of van)

Chains, traction boards, and real shovel are always in there
    Whoa! If you stow your traction boards inside (like a peasant) how are we to see how core you are? And there's no way we can chalk you up for a GOTOS signing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Does it now cost more to camp in a parking lot in the US than to live in Europe? Asking for a friend.
    Based on what some ski resorts are charging in the west - if they even allow camping at all (I'm looking at you, Jackson Hole) - absolutely yes. Mt Bachelor charges $40/night w/o a plug, $50 with. And that's on USFS leased land. I think Crystal is close, and that's if you can even get a spot.

So yah... gotta get that extra stream of income coming in.

https://www.winnebago.com/models/pro...s/class-c/ekko

I put a deposit on an EKKO last May for estimated delivery in mid 2023. Ford Transit cut-away chassis with AWD HD 350 dual rear wheel chassis with GVWR of 11k lbs. with the same twin turbo 3.5 V6 that's in the F150.

Some of the features and reasons I have ordered one: huge heated pass thru cargo storage, 320amp lithium battery with second alternator for charging when driving or idling, quiet gasoline generator, 455 watts solar, 5 cu ft. compressor fridge (don't need to be completely level for the fridge to work), high end Truma tankless propane water heating system, Truma Vario propane furnace (supposedly sips propane), dual pane windows. And only 23 ft long and 7 ft 2.5 in wide, so it fits in most parking spaces. 1.5 in. thick walls=extra insulation. 50 gal. fresh water tank, 51 gal. grey water tank.

With a base price of over $188k, I have named mine "Dyson" after my portable vacuum: overpriced, but worth it.
    Last edited by DanoT; 09-26-2022 at 05:33 PM.

they don't list a price. any idea how much?
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Could be I guess. They used to have prices on there starting around 125k but I think that was pre-Covid. They also used to make a more massive Earthroamer equivalent rig so 248k might be for that.
    edit: looks like 110-115k + the cost of the truck so …

https://www.tigervehicles.com/site/w...21-2022web.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I LOVE the GFC, but you can't stealth in it. Really the only knock.
    You absolutely can stealth camp in a wedge camper if you want to.

I specifically built the storage cabinet in my Superpacific to double as a stealth sleeping platform for times I can't pop up the camper top. The fridge is mounted flush (or close to it) with the rest of the cabinet. I use my 2" thick inflatable backpacking pad and sleeping there is actually really comfortable aside from lack of airflow. I just have to remember not to try and sit up in the night : ). Have used it a few times in urban areas and never been hassled. There is room for the MTB along the left side with front wheel off. My truck has a 6ft bed. Wouldn't work so well with a short bed.

I met a guy up in WA a few weeks ago who lives out of his Tacoma with GFC full time and claims he pops the camper up all the time in Seattle and has never had an issue. Got the impression he arrives late and leaves early, but still that takes some balls. Although with the homeless encampments that are allowed to persist there maybe a lone truck camper is low on law enforcement's priority list.