Page 237 of 510 FirstFirst ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I like the value of this option: https://www.freewaycamperkit.com/en/sleeping-giant/. Get an AWD Sienna, visit factory to get the No Shipping price, build insulation for the windows, done. For 4 grand or so. Includes solar and a danforth compressor fridge, which alone is over a grand.

Sorry if that’s a repost but it’s a clever kit and nice antidote to the overpriced stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    And for another $750-$1500 (depending on your mechanical aptitude)—you can install a 3.5” lift from Journeys.

Mine is going on this week.
    I like this setup. Thanks for posting it, fro.

And doebedo, post pics when you get that lift on there. Tire size ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

No thats a decent price even with cad. Super functional design. I could see that as a first step and it might make that company with the rather expensive fibreglass pop top sleeper more desireable in combination with the freeway kit. Also add a car tent/bug screening to attach to the rear end of the sienna and surround the rear cooking setup and an awning off the side. That would give it a kitchen , dining area/lounge, bed and patio to just leave set up, and of course the lift kit. Thatd be around 10k usd add ons. Still cheaper than those bare bones truck tent jobs

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

On thisName:  toyota-sienna-uuv-front-three-quarter1.jpeg
Views: 2454
Size:  81.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I like this setup. Thanks for posting it, fro.

And doebedo, post pics when you get that lift on there. Tire size ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Will do.

Tire size is 235/65r17. About 1" larger than stock. No problems with rubbing at full lock prior to the lift. Journey says a 245/65 works with the lift.

I think "two hour job putting on or taking off" (ETA truck camper) is too much. Under 30 minutes to take off and some of that is unplugging electrical connection and removing and storing turnbuckles or whatever you use to attach camper to truck. It is best to have a second pair of eyes to make sure you are not raising any corner too fast and getting another corner off the ground and to watch as you drive out. And don't to forget to move license plate.

Putting it back on should be under a hour. That is about what it took me and I've only taken mine on and off once (to get anti-sway bar installed on truck and to get it weighed without camper in case I want to change licensing from housecar to truck). You do want to go slow and again have another pair of eyes to make sure you are not hitting or otherwise having problem anywhere. Getting truck centered and straight under camper is a little tricky. I should have taken more pictures to show exactly where camper was on truck before unloading. I do have Fast-guns and electric jacks with remote.

I have friend who always takes his camper off at lake where group I go with spends a week. He'd probably say under 15 min off/30 min on. One concern with that is if you have a problem, especially re-loading, you'd need to solve it before you can leave. You need as flat as possible and hard ground for unloading. My driveway is way too steep so I wanted to unload at home, I'd need to add cement on side yard and move gate out at least 8 feet and it would be tight getting into truck.

I am looking forward to seeing how this goes up Carson Pass, to the SnoPark.

Finally a rig where my Lady won’t feel claustrophobic while in the bed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1649.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	767.8 KB 
ID:	328937

wow

where’s the old one?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The stones are back on tour? Stylin' . The fun machine

Looks like some sick wheelies are possible with just a few cases of beer stashed all the way in the back

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    wow

where’s the old one?
    The old SkiBumMobile will be Bella’s ride to the grocery store, and my best Lowe’s vehicle for now.
    Eventually it will go to a deserving soul, and I’ll get a p/u.

sell it to meee
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

That over hang!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    That over hang!
    Voice of experience - if driving that rig in snow he will have to be very careful the tail isn't wagging the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Voice of experience - if driving that rig in snow he will have to be very careful the tail isn't wagging the dog.
    That’s what I was thinking. I’m picturing having to slow WAY down for sharp turns first day after a storm- hate to get stuck behind it

You do not want to come to Alaska. Put a freezer in the back to fill with fish. Than head back to Arizona to sell the fish in the Wal Mart parking lot. The weight will break the frame on the Alcan between the border and Haines Junction
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That’s what I was thinking. I’m picturing having to slow WAY down for sharp turns first day after a storm- hate to get stuck behind it
    With my Sunrader I have excellent experience at causing traffic. And getting people around me at the first opportunity.
    I do appreciate the possibility of considerable swang with this one, too. I am planning on adding the air bag kit, and bump rollers (wheelie bars!). We will see if it allows me to work the bounce into the corner, like I am used to.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    With my Sunrader I have excellent experience at causing traffic. And getting people around me at the first opportunity.
    I do appreciate the possibility of considerable swang with this one, too. I am planning on adding the air bag kit, and bump rollers (wheelie bars!). We will see if it allows me to work the bounce into the corner, like I am used to.
    Air bags make a big difference to handling. I forgot about mine for a couple of years and wondered why the handling was feeling loose. When I checked they were way down so I pumped them back up to the 65 pounds spec. I was surprised at the amazing improvement.

I liked the looks of Pangea
    https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...120492316.html
    than I put my glasses on and realized it said $184000. Guy spent $200000 to put that on a 20 year old truck.
    off your knees Louie

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I liked the looks of Pangea
    https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...120492316.html
    than I put my glasses on and realized it said $184000. Guy spent $200000 to put that on a 20 year old truck.
    Might want to call to get his name. When the estate sale happens you know there will be some good toys. Look at the list of previous campers. You know he is not done. He is headed over to EarthRoamer as soon as this baby is sold. He spent the money to rip the Pangea off a Fuso. I don’t see him going back to Tiger after GXV.

Quote Originally Posted by howelsen View Post
    Might want to call to get his name. When the estate sale happens you know there will be some good toys. Look at the list of previous campers. You know he is not done. He is headed over to EarthRoamer as soon as this baby is sold. He spent the money to rip the Pangea off a Fuso. I don’t see him going back to Tiger after GXV.
    Yeah that things been for sale on ExPo for quite a while. Not many interested in it. Doesn't have the whoa factor of a roamer, or the small versatility of something smaller.
    I like that it's less flashy than a lot of those rigs though.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...126182536.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

$200k to sit on the world's cheapest vinyl bench seat as you explore a million miles of remote terrain.

Now with more lift.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y2EoKSO.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	329812

alignment worked out ok? did you have to fiddle with caster/camber?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    alignment worked out ok? did you have to fiddle with caster/camber?
    Just at the edge of the recommended range for both caster/camber. Otherwise, no issues. Time will tell no doubt.