Page 372 of 508 FirstFirst ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 12696
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    A guy out of UK is making awesome programmable SILENT pumps for these heaters. I might buy one in a few weeks (the pump). They look great. Easy Google search.

FWIW, easy numbers on amp draw is about 1.9-2.1 amp hours running at 2k on the 5k heater. They pull 8 amps on start up and shut down for a couple minutes at most for the glow plug at start up, and glow plug on shut down to prevent sooting.
    Ok cool. I'll definitely look into those pumps. The one I have now being on the rubber mount in a plastic box is barely noticeable as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Ok cool. I'll definitely look into those pumps. The one I have now being on the rubber mount in a plastic box is barely noticeable as it is.
    Yeah, I saw you had a box set up so pump noise isn't an issue. I ran my heater that way for a while, then installed it in the camper and want a quiet pump. You can fit those heaters in a much smaller box, BTW. I had mine in a Dewalt Home Depot tool box that was pretty tidy. Mount on its side, exhaust immediately vents out side of tool box. Could fit the one gallon Amazon fuel tanks in there, too. Great, durable, compact set up.

We used this set up on our boat in AK for a couple years, and then swapped it to camper when we used camper. Sorry, no pics. But if you put a heater in a box side-ways, just keep fuel input line on the top. So orient he heater with fuel input with that side up and the heater will run fine on its side.

Yeah, I saw you had a box set up so pump noise isn't an issue. I ran my heater that way for a while, then installed it in the camper and want a quiet pump. You can fit those heaters in a much smaller box, BTW. I had mine in a Dewalt Home Depot tool box that was pretty tidy. Mount on its side, exhaust immediately vents out side of tool box. Could fit the one gallon Amazon fuel tanks in there, too. Great, durable, compact set up.

We used this set up on our boat in AK for a couple years, and then swapped it to camper when we used camper. Sorry, no pics. But if you put a heater in a box side-ways, just keep fuel input line on the top. So orient he heater with fuel input with that side up and the heater will run fine on its side.
    Yeah I didn't have a smaller tank on hand just the 10L, thus the huge box. Think I might go down to the 5.5L tank. I want to be able to crank it when it's below zero in a ski area parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Yeah I didn't have a smaller tank on hand just the 10L, thus the huge box. Think I might go down to the 5.5L tank. I want to be able to crank it when it's below zero in a ski area parking lot.
    You running CO alarm in rig? I'm paranoid and run three in my camper at night when in there with my kiddo Overkill, but it is a cheap ass heater made in China. I've never had an alarm go off, also run one all the time in my garage, no CO issues.

You running CO alarm in rig? I'm paranoid and run three in my camper at night when in there with my kiddo Overkill, but it is a cheap ass heater made in China. I've never had an alarm go off, also run one all the time in my garage, no CO issues.
    Honestly I haven't cause I couldn't find my CO alarm I had in the garage. I figured my tent isn't airtight enough and leave the tent windows cracked a bit for some cross venting of fresh air. This winter when it's really cold and I button everything up I will have the alarm in there with me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Getting ready for ski season by escaping Summit with FuriousFred

I’m first in line to go look at this shuttle bus tomorrow. 125,000 miles, runs and drives, asking $2000. Will have to see how crusty underneath.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I’m first in line to go look at this shuttle bus tomorrow. 125,000 miles, runs and drives, asking $2000. Will have to see how crusty underneath.
    At least it's a chevy.

Disco ball/stripper pole and Leppard print

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Friend of mine built out the same thing before the 20/21 ski season. That's got the Duramax? I think they paid like 8k for theirs, but it was pristine. They put like 15k into the build. They skied all over the place last year in it. Sold it for like 50k at the end of the season and went to Thailand for the next year. #vanlife

did a long road trip and picked up my Tufport.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211117_130855029.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	394578
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211116_101736041.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	856.7 KB 
ID:	394580
    It seems to be what I wanted. Can comfortably sleep in the cab over.
    I never followed this thread till recently when decided to buy the camper. I imagine gas mileage was discussed. This shell is 800lbs and I think matched well to the truck which can carry #2000lbs in the bed. My gas mileage went from 22 to 16 MPG and as low as 13 when going 80MPH. I have to wonder what kind of mileage a smaller less efficient truck will get. Cost and range could become an issue.
    off your knees Louie

^^ have fun with the Tufport. Looks like you can bring every thing you need and nothing you don't. Gas mileage was going to go down anyway w winter.

The fact that the people selling this van left that roof jack and staging up until it started to rot tells me what to expect about the maintenance schedule. Check those fluids carefully.

Name:  07C4C878-319C-474C-A229-90B72A1129F8.jpeg
Views: 979
Size:  342.8 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Getting ready for ski season by escaping Summit with FuriousFred

Traction boards! Heyo!!!

Those appear to be leveling blocks most RV’ers use.

I feel like they’re being used ironically. An homage to the GOTOS thread or something. I like it and think it’s funny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

we just keep a couple of wood blocks in our van for leveling
    free99
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    we just keep a couple of wood blocks in our van for leveling
    free99
    Camping World doesn’t sell wood blocks.

I am having issues trying to pick the right color traction boards is killing me lime green or pink maybe red

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The fact that the people selling this van left that roof jack and staging up until it started to rot tells me what to expect about the maintenance schedule. Check those fluids carefully.

Name:  07C4C878-319C-474C-A229-90B72A1129F8.jpeg
Views: 979
Size:  342.8 KB
    It's $2k, he should show with his own fluids when going to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Honestly kudos to a well written and honest add. Hopefully it finds the right home.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/65749760

Curious what the collective makes of this deal? Seems like a great asking price for the truck, but I know nothing about trucks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Curious what the collective makes of this deal? Seems like a great asking price for the truck, but I know nothing about trucks.

It's got a rebuilt / salvage title - price is probably average for a 12 year old truck with that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Bed is gone, salvage title, visible impact on passenger rear of cab where the bed got pushed into it.

Hard pass in pre COVID buying times. Today... do you feel lucky?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.