Page 252 of 510 FirstFirst ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 12727
    Oh Fuck....

15k? For a 4x4 diesel Sportsmobile????
    The poptop must be hosed to be 30K cheaper than it's equivalent.
    Huntington Indiana is right down the road from my inlaws hmmm.
    "A Good Deal"...
    I'm gonna regret not chasing this one

https://missoula.craigslist.org/rvs/...193392448.html
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Step 1 bulletproof the 6.0 diesel
    Step 2 the top is fucked and should be replaced with a Colorado camper van top
    Step 3 profit

FML

$25K even with 300K on the motor seems like a deal.

"My regrets they seem like texts I should have sent..."

I'm going to go slit my wrists now

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...192113981.html
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Step 3 profit
    Will someone just shoot me
    Or give me 15k
    Bunny Don't Surf

In #vanlife $15k is a drop in the bucket. You sure you are ready for it?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post

https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/...193298957.html

I thought about this on my 06 Tundra for a hot minute.
    But I really want a van.
    Seems like a lot $ for a 90's era slide in even if it is cherry.
    But they have a cults following in the skier tribe so have at it.
    Those mid-size NL slide-ins are rare as hens teeth.

The Bigfoot I have is just as nice, without the electric jacks, and sized for a half-ton. I paid $8k which I thought was a little steep, but it's been totally worth it.

Oh Fuck....

15k? For a 4x4 diesel Sportsmobile????
    The poptop must be hosed to be 30K cheaper than it's equivalent.
    Huntington Indiana is right down the road from my inlaws hmmm.
    "A Good Deal"...
    I'm gonna regret not chasing this one

https://missoula.craigslist.org/rvs/...193392448.html
    Daaaang. Sent a text. Have to find out more about this one...

Called and talked to the owner. Someone coming to look at it today and offering cash.
    Got on the "wait list" to come look at it.
    Last edited by pyromaniacman129; 09-10-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Lot-dweller question: I'm designing a new part-time vanlife rig and need a shower solution. I'm thinking a ghetto modified ikea shower curtain or similar held up by caribiners when it's shower time for easy take-down. But what do you do for a shower pan? I'm googling vanlife shower pan and getting assholes that want -$600- (!!!!) For a stainless steel shower pan. I was thinking of just subbing in the pan for a hot water heater but it turns out the edges are sharp. My ability to fab one up is limited only by my (temporary) lack of a mig-welder and plasma cutter. Anybody figure out a good pan solution?
    I used one of these - https://www.recpro.com/rv-shower-pan...hoC3DcQAvD_BwE

It's the floor to my entire bathroom, though, not just the shower. There are smaller versions as well, and they're all <$100.

FML

$25K even with 300K on the motor seems like a deal.

"My regrets they seem like texts I should have sent..."

I'm going to go slit my wrists now

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...192113981.html
    The motor probably runs like a top...but honestly, 340k on an econoline chassis means that thing is probably beat.

not to mention it’s in Massachusetts so it’s probably full of rust

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    I was thinking this and maybe just covering the whole thing with lineX, but the livestock water bin option is compelling too..
    I watch too much HGTV and I’ve seen the livestock tub used a bunch in tiny homes/ rv shows so bet that’s a solid choice.

I’m sure you’ve overthought it, but do you really need a shower in your van?
    You mention a lady friend I think in another van thread and I can’t help but think that if you just give it a little more time, you’ll be fine without a shower and be psyched with more elbow room inside- especially in the winter with all the gear.
    skid luxury

In #vanlife $15k is a drop in the bucket. You sure you are ready for it?
    I could scratch together 15k pretty quick but unfortunately Ive checked into the tammy wynette thread and now is not ideal. But I had zero going on at work and I was preshopping and found some cool shit with searchtempest. A mag got second in line on a helluva sportsmobile deal I did my best.

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

oh shit that is superdope!

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Step 3 profit
    Agreed. Built out our Sprinter this past spring and have a CCV top. Looking forward to testing it this winter. Considerable improvement over a Sportsmobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have to go look at that beast.

i’m itchin a bit as well

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

I’m sure you’ve overthought it, but do you really need a shower in your van?
    So, I've actually schemed it all out: The bed is going to be retractable into the roof via a cable system and, when raised, will give way to a hobbit-height stowage compartment with a hose fixed to the water outlet doubling as bike/dog/person wash. The only fixed portion is going to be the pan, plumbed into an under-slung 20gal grey tank.

The shitter, that's going to be whatever stand of poison sumac I will happen to have parked next to.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Might have to go look at that beast.
    I think it's definitely worth a look. The parts for the 4x4 conversion cost almost if not as much as the asking price of the RV.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    The motor probably runs like a top...but honestly, 340k on an econoline chassis means that thing is probably beat.
    Help me with why it's totally empty? Any build inside has been removed... Why? Maybe damaged?
    I like that van. I was hoping for a removable passenger seating row. And some sort of build inside to at least get started...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I dunno what gets beat on a Ford E350 (F350 Van equivalent) chassis? Bushings, Tie rod ends? Steering stuff? Those are all consumables on a truck or van chassis and are pretty straigthforward replacement/upgrade. Maybe if it was a converted 350 dumptruck chassis LOL. Lots of high mileage E and F350s running around with straight frames, straight FE alignment and all kinds of nice dangly bits bolted to them. It's the maintenance, combined with the miles, that matters. Not my van but I would sure like to rally it in a test drive and see how it feels on the interstate at 75mph and it will tell you a lot about how that chassis was maintained. But that applies at 50k, 150k or 300K for used 4x4's. Vans are weird in pricing vs. mileage, especially 4x4 vans. I dunno if it is worth it.
    $10K less I never would have posted this, would have have hit the bank on the way out of town to montucky and spent some of my 16yos college money and be posting a victory lap right now!

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    not to mention it’s in Massachusetts so it’s probably full of rust
    I brought a pristine 88 Chevy K5 Blazer from Florida to Mass and it was rotten in 2 years. I could sit in my driveway in East Brookfield and hear that Chevy rust on a quiet night. Broke my heart. When I lived there from 00-02 the rumor was you could drive across to NH and there were shops who would spray used motor oil on the chassis of your rig for rot protection.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Help me with why it's totally empty? Any build inside has been removed... Why? Maybe damaged?
    I like that van. I was hoping for a removable passenger seating row. And some sort of build inside to at least get started...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    It's not a sportsmobile, its a Quigley Conversion of a stock 2WD van into 4WD. Then someone added a sportsmobile top. It may have never had seats and might have been a work van with no passenger interior prior to it's present incantation. You can bolt in a second set of seat brackets into these things but I wold rather have a seat mount there if I needed it. You can do the same in a sprinter that was a work van but I here it is a pain, not sure on vintage american freedom vehicles like this one. If you are looking for the life part of #vanlife already in a van to start with this is probably not the rig for you.. I use SearchTempest and look for Camper Van or 4x4 Camper Van or 4x4 Van in areas like Phoenix, LV, SoCal, NM, Idaho, places with no salt on the roads that are pretty dry and start there. Good luck the hunt for one of these is pretty fun, I hope to land one sooner than later to see if the vanlife is what it is really all about.
    Bunny Don't Surf

I dunno what gets beat on a Ford E350 (F350 Van equivalent) chassis? Bushings, Tie rod ends? Steering stuff? Those are all consumables on a truck or van chassis and are pretty straigthforward replacement/upgrade. Maybe if it was a converted 350 dumptruck chassis LOL. Lots of high mileage E and F350s running around with straight frames, straight FE alignment and all kinds of nice dangly bits bolted to them. It's the maintenance, combined with the miles, that matters. Not my van but I would sure like to rally it in a test drive and see how it feels on the interstate at 75mph and it will tell you a lot about how that chassis was maintained. But that applies at 50k, 150k or 300K for used 4x4's.
    Speaking from owning a 90's ford with 300k...door hinges, all interior panels, weird shit you can't even buy anymore. For example if you have a 96-97 crewcab truck, you can't buy a trim bezel for the power window switch. The frames on these rigs are so flexy its not unusual to see stress tears in body panels, the doors themselves get bowed and wreck the fenders, shit you would never think about.

With that being said, you are right, everything is rebuildable. I've had evil thoughts of flipping my travel trailer with the current rv market and doing a van build...the wife is not into that idea though.

For the budget minded ski bum....

5K buyin on #vanlife
    If 2WD doesn't scare you off.
    Or that fact that it isn't running 100% after a tuneup doesn't either.
    This rig has a lots of the #vanlife bases covered and scads of Chester Molester charm.
    "Hey Kids I got some puppies and ice cream in the back"

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6696781

Attachment 339708
    Bunny Don't Surf

Speaking from owning a 90's ford with 300k...door hinges, all interior panels, weird shit you can't even buy anymore. For example if you have a 96-97 crewcab truck, you can't buy a trim bezel for the power window switch. The frames on these rigs are so flexy its not unusual to see stress tears in body panels, the doors themselves get bowed and wreck the fenders, shit you would never think about.

With that being said, you are right, everything is rebuildable. I've had evil thoughts of flipping my travel trailer with the current rv market and doing a van build...the wife is not into that idea though.
    I'm not a ford guy, I'm a mercedes guy, so you got me. I was under the impression that Ford 350's were the toughest of the big 3 truck breeds but generalities don't speak to everyone's experience. I appreciate the datapoint from someone I know isn't full of shit.

Cheers on the RV purchase and the move to Coloradbro!
    Bunny Don't Surf

The E450 made freeway travel effortless. Such a pleasant change to have excess power available.
    The rated N/A gas mileage turned out true. It really doesn’t matter.

Many stars for the Crooked River Ranch RV park. Beautiful spot, good people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8275.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	339709