Page 352 of 508 FirstFirst ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 12696

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

This seems like a decent deal
    I like the build out and it’s already insulated, etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1631486969.216741.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	671.4 KB 
ID:	385222

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2353...71229689656062
    skid luxury

As long as you're 5'10 or less
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Speaking of value, here’s a RTT for $31,500. https://www.redtailoverland.com/pages/trim-levels?

It’s the nicest rooftop tent I’ve seen. But that’s kinda the price range for a vehicle to put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Speaking of value, here’s a RTT for $31,500. https://www.redtailoverland.com/pages/trim-levels?
    The fucking "minimalist" is more than I paid for my low mileage Sienna, and all it's associated build costs. F that. Jesus. We're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The fucking "minimalist" is more than I paid for my low mileage Sienna, and all it's associated build costs. F that. Jesus. We're fucked.
    Yep. I cannot believe the prices I'm seeing for ANY type of rig, especially the vans.....#we'refuckedindeed
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Ed el Loco View Post
    It’s the nicest rooftop tent I’ve seen. But that’s kinda the price range for a vehicle to put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Who else thinks they've only actually made the one that's on the website? Aside from the fact that they have actual qualifications (former CEO of EaryhRoamer), it looks like another fiasco in the making a la the Bozeman Bros discussed above.

There really is just too much money sloshing around looking for places to land these days.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I'm not sure how we are fucked by any of that. If I never clicked on that link my life would still be fine not knowing about it.

Clicking on the COVID threads shows how are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I'm not sure how we are fucked by any of that. If I never clicked on that link my life would still be fine not knowing about it.

Clicking on the COVID threads shows how are fucked.
    What is F'd is the growing chasm between the Have and Have-Nots.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Yep. I cannot believe the prices I'm seeing for ANY type of rig, especially the vans.....#we'refuckedindeed
    Honestly - with shit like this mild build, 235k astro selling for 12k?! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7-3b6cd1b80447

I sold my similar condition with 80k less miles and basic camping build for 4.5k 6 months ago. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Who else thinks they've only actually made the one that's on the website? Aside from the fact that they have actual qualifications (former CEO of EaryhRoamer), it looks like another fiasco in the making a la the Bozeman Bros discussed above.
    Probably right. I also wonder how many actual Earthroamers there are out there. Does anybody ever publish their production numbers? I’ve only seen one in real life and I put about 35k miles a year on my car. I would think a few more would have wandered by.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Probably right. I also wonder how many actual Earthroamers there are out there. Does anybody ever publish their production numbers? I’ve only seen one in real life and I put about 35k miles a year on my car. I would think a few more would have wandered by.
    They are definitely more numerous in the west. I've probably seen at least 20.

Honestly - with shit like this mild build, 235k astro selling for 12k?! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7-3b6cd1b80447

I sold my similar condition with 80k less miles and basic camping build for 4.5k 6 months ago. Makes no sense.
    "The ceiling and sides are carefully paneled with wood as you can see in the picture." LOL

That Astro is so poorly built I wouldn't pay too much for it.

Those $32k topper folks claim a 10 month backlog?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Those $32k topper folks claim a 10 month backlog to make people think they are very busy and popular but the reality is that it will take them 10+ months to build their second unit (yours).
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

“Locking doors and windows” and “duel pane Impact resistant windows.” The zombie apocalypse proofing is worth half the price tag.
    Last edited by Ed el Loco; 09-14-2021 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Does anyone actually look at the load limits that the auto maker publishes for rack mounted to the roof? I recall my Xterra manual saying 150lb was the maximum the factory rack was rated for. I’m sure you could load it higher and be ok, until it fly’s off during some emergency maneuver and the insurance company refuses to cover you because you exceeded the manufacturers limits. Or do these cabins on the road include some sort of custom addition to the roof structure to support the weight?

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Does anyone actually look at the load limits that the auto maker publishes for rack mounted to the roof? I recall my Xterra manual saying 150lb was the maximum the factory rack was rated for. I’m sure you could load it higher and be ok, until it fly’s off during some emergency maneuver and the insurance company refuses to cover you because you exceeded the manufacturers limits. Or do these cabins on the road include some sort of custom addition to the roof structure to support the weight?
    manufacturer's limits lol

do you even overland bro?

My Astro only has 204k, must mean it's worth $15k, nice.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    "Overland" means adding 1000# of shit hanging off the rain gutters of a half rusted 20 year old SUV correct?

New Alaskan model......

https://www.truckcamperadventure.com...and-expo-west/

Looks pretty functional, mix of high and low tech in a smallish space.

"We also wanted to get into a price point at $25,500 that the younger crowd could afford."

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    My Astro only has 204k, must mean it's worth $15k, nice.
    Does yours have an enormous bottle of antifreeze sitting front and center in the rig?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Does yours have an enormous bottle of antifreeze sitting front and center in the rig?
    I threw in a free jug of power steering fluid with mine . Along with some nice custom cut reflectix.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    "Overland" means adding 1000# of shit hanging off the rain gutters of a half rusted 20 year old SUV correct?
    Don't forget the Flippy tent thing in the roof that they've never opened and adds 0.2Cd

Custom cut eh? nice.