Page 161 of 508 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 12697
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    How old is your furnace? RV furnace fans have become much more energy efficient. The furnace in our 2000 Hawk was an energy hog, required daily recharges on cold winter days. Based on frequency of need to recharge, the furnace fan in our 2014 Hawk sucks est. <1/3 the electricity. FTR, we prefer to sleep in winter sleeping bags and not run the furnace while we sleep. In the 2014 Hawk, running furnace 6-8 hours/day, we can get through 2-3 cold (say <15F avg, 5F low) cold winter days between charges (although I usually bump the batteries with our Honda eu1000i generator for an hour each day to prolong long-term battery life)
    Curious if your batteries (assume 2 deepcycle 12V?) are stored within the heated portion of the camper, or are exposed to the cold at those temps. I get the same type of drawdown on ours, at temps above -15C. About 2 to 3 days to bring the batteries to under 12V
    Last edited by BCMtnHound; 11-11-2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Temp conversion error

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Attachment 254956
    I was at a junkyard looking for a heater for my ski shack and I found this laying in the dirt: 88 Four Wheel pop up. Fits my truck perfect. Not bad for $250
    Score for sure!

Last bicycle race of the year. Cozy in here

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    looking good! are you going to fill the back doors with vermiculite?

I had a friend who ran a smaller woodstove in home made pickup camper. a handful of kindling and you had a sweat box.

you should try and source some peat. burns longer, a little a cooler, and smells like a scotish distillery.
    Thank ya! I'll be adding some single celled insulation to the doors as well as auto carpet over the metal. The door cavities have been stuff to the brim with rock wool so they're quite insulated.

Also peat would be sweet. Used that in the house I grew up in and it was very effective.
    Snow? Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    How old is your furnace? RV furnace fans have become much more energy efficient. The furnace in our 2000 Hawk was an energy hog, required daily recharges on cold winter days. Based on frequency of need to recharge, the furnace fan in our 2014 Hawk sucks est. <1/3 the electricity. FTR, we prefer to sleep in winter sleeping bags and not run the furnace while we sleep. In the 2014 Hawk, running furnace 6-8 hours/day, we can get through 2-3 cold (say <15F avg, 5F low) cold winter days between charges (although I usually bump the batteries with our Honda eu1000i generator for an hour each day to prolong long-term battery life)
    My rig is an 89 GMC Vandura.

Original owner camperized it using appliances sourced from wrecked RVs. The furnace is late-70s vintage. I expect a 2014 furnace would be somewhat more efficient.

Never ran the furnace overnight while ski camping, unless it was in the minus 30s C. Just during morning and evening. (Where do you live that +5 F is considered cold? )

Really dig the idea of a stove to keep the moisture down and for long term camping.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Norton, i don't care about stealth. people who talk about stealth camping annoy the fuck out of me. fuck stealth. Market WILL drop out of 150k-200k conversions. Market will not drop out of 50k AWD diesel vans, at least not very far.
    Simmer down Jong.
    You're saying lots of the people you're requesting opinions from are annoying. The topic of this thread is crashing in ski lots. When that's not available, if you plan on crashing in a Wally lot or residential in a pinch, that's stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    We have as Espar D2 heater in the sprinter. It has the altitude kit. Apparently the altitude thing only compensates to 8k or so? Family was in Frisco 9k and it just stopped firing. I imagine it’s all carboned up from running too rich. The interwebz has yielded no answers so I’m turning to the dentists.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Has it worked since, or no?

Assume you've already seen this?

Specifically: 5 FMP - Fuel Metering Pump

This had to be replaced on ours, relatively early in it's life.

Also possibly this: 6 Burner Tube

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Simmer down Jong.
    You're saying lots of the people you're requesting opinions from are annoying. The topic of this thread is crashing in ski lots. When that's not available, if you plan on crashing in a Wally lot or residential in a pinch, that's stealth.
    It seems to me the argument is not that you will need to camp in places where it may or not be allowed, but rather that you aren't fooling anyone when you do it.
    Live Free or Die

Stealth or not, it seems like momentum is gaining speed in the direction of "fuck it!!" around here regarding RV camping. Now the it is Henry the Hipster in the $100K sprinter and not Donny Dirtbag in the 1978 Class B, the political will to crack the whip seems to have disappears.

Vasquez, the C Lot, the Rec Center, the park in HSS, and many other not so stealth locations appear to have people living there. We will see what happens when winter is here for real.

It is kinda live the whole VRBO/STR thing. Once "Everyone is doing it" the powers that be view enforcement of the rules and laws as too difficult and go flex their muscle elsewhere.

Yep. My wife's argument against a van is that she likes hotels and they are cheaper than a van. She'll gladly shell out $2k for accomodations for a ski week before she spends $100K to sleep in a van in the lot. Some chicks just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Simmer down Jong.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify. but I'm definitely NOT interested in any opinions from "stealthy" #van_life skiers. Just people who have ski RVs and sleep in ski lots. Around here, that costs 20 bucks a night or requires driving 2 miles down the road to a trail head parking lot.

It's not like a ski lot is going to treat an RV, truck, camper, Subaru with air mattress and foggy windows, or a "stealth" van any differently if it isn't supposed to be parked there.

For the any #van_life snowflakes I've offended, let me make it up to you. If you ever have stealthy needs in West Portland, you just drive right past that Walmart and come park at my house for a night or two. Hell, I'll even run ya out some shore power. Just keep your knit hats, drum circles, poorly groomed dogs, and bong smoke in your tiny home, and for the love of God, stay off my lawn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sweet, see ya on thursday man....

.....ever have stealthy needs in West Portland, you just drive right past that Walmart and come park at my house for a night or two.
    uhhmmm,,,, would that be maine or oregon.....ive got some friends on an app looking to relocate.....any vehicle age disqualifications? .... how many spaces is that again?.......shore pwr, check; water, ?; blackwater?; cable?; interwebz?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Last bicycle race of the year. Cozy in here
    where the hell is the sled going to fit on this rig
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    uhhmmm,,,, would that be maine or oregon.....ive got some friends on an app looking to relocate.....any vehicle age disqualifications? .... how many spaces is that again?.......shore pwr, check; water, ?; blackwater?; cable?; interwebz?
    People from Portland, Maine post on TGR?

1-2 nights
    1 space
    20ft and under
    No hookups

Shore power is a limited time promotion depending on how good the beer is that you bring from wherever it was you were.

I can give you my neighbor's WiFi password, but they might have changed it.

Offer expires once I get a new vehicle and reclaim my place in the driveway.

where the hell is the sled going to fit on this rig
    On the roof once those stupid bikes come off. Duh

People from Portland, Maine post on TGR?

1-2 nights
    1 space
    20ft and under
    No hookups

Shore power is a limited time promotion depending on how good the beer is that you bring from wherever it was you were.

I can give you my neighbor's WiFi password, but they might have changed it.

Offer expires once I get a new vehicle and reclaim my place in the driveway.

ha ha, i will hold this available space close to the vest in case i personally need it, however im 2500 miles away and docked for the long term
    www.freeridesystems.com

that's perfect, but hell ive always thought sled deck on pu's were already hard to load at 45 deg....that roof deck is going to be like a moon shot...lol
    www.freeridesystems.com

fuck van lifers and truck camper lifers you are all a buncha posers
    This guy is the real deal
    Name:  IMG_2766.JPG
Views: 617
Size:  104.7 KB
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    fuck van lifers and truck camper lifers you are all a buncha posers
    This guy is the real deal
    Name:  IMG_2766.JPG
Views: 617
Size:  104.7 KB
    thats probably the best ramp angle of all decks ive seen, only improvement would be going up the hood in reverse, (ha jong reveal, yep im on a brrappp doo, so ive got reverse)
    www.freeridesystems.com

I feel bad for people who do not drive Subarus. They have to put their sled up on the roof. If they had a Subaru they could easily carry their sled inside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1542073764.265403.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	255195
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I feel bad for people who do not drive Subarus. They have to put their sled up on the roof. If they had a Subaru they could easily carry their sled inside.

ive seen this pic bfor, i have no idea how that can be loaded except by hand, no way to duck in there, ive tried under a pu topper....had to do it from the side, but no room in the little suby to be next to it like pick up bed
    www.freeridesystems.com

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify. but I'm definitely NOT interested in any opinions from "stealthy" #van_life skiers. Just people who have ski RVs and sleep in ski lots. Around here, that costs 20 bucks a night or requires driving 2 miles down the road to a trail head parking lot.

That's a foreign concept to me. The whole notion of getting opinions from others is about different points of view I had not considered from where I see it.
    And I thought the point of a travel rig was to travel to unknown locations. I guess your mileage varies. Good luck with your rig.

ive seen this pic bfor, i have no idea how that can be loaded except by hand, no way to duck in there, ive tried under a pu topper....had to do it from the side, but no room in the little suby to be next to it like pick up bed
    Winch on the b pillars?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

thread drift but here's a frisco,co whole foods customer...this rubbed me wrong for multiple reasons....

Name:	IMG_1973.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	255197
    www.freeridesystems.com