Page 186 of 510 FirstFirst ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 12749
    Am I allowed to suggest finding a business with its own parking lot, show up after they close for the night and leave the next day before they open? Or is someone on here going to blow a gasket?

Nah man. My gasket is fixed. Yeah a lot of us move our trucks before the business opens. Most of the time it is the plows in the morning that move you. I'm up at 5am a lot.

it is with some regret to report that I passed my main rig on to another mag (in good hands tho)....she served me well and led to a major life shift which i am happy about, i still have my memory foam crewcab but it wont be quite the same. you guys need to peace out on the infighting , it is tough out on the road and easy to get rightfully pissed at the people promoting on IG etc to get money and followers whereas we just want pow and no weird knocks on the door (#fuckSquaw) keep the spots to pm's, peace among the maggot brethren, and all good imo....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Next you guys will be bitching about someone giving away your favorite secret powder stash for car laps on Loveland pass. Ooops!!

Summit County ain’t no secret boys. Still lots of free overnight camping if you look though. I know a few folks with full time jobs living in Sprinters here.

Need some mag input on what to do here.
    As some of you know. My current setup is as follows.
    2002 Dodge 2500 24v Cummins 4x4 SRW with 6.5'' Skamper pop up.
    310k miles, rebuilt tranny at 275k.
    Has never failed to start or run, is in really good shape besides a banged up rear quarter due to mountain life.
    What I want is a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck with a utility bed.
    Here is where I need some input/advice/suggestions.
    In order to make my current truck with a utility bed I am gonna need to fork out probably $2000-3000 for the bed.
    On top of that, due to mileage on my ole' Cummins. In the future, I want to replace injection pump, stock turbo, valve cover gasket, injectors which is another $2500-3k in parts as I can do the labor.
    With that being known,
    Given that the bed + just to update the truck that is $5kish. Should I just sell the truck altogether because it is getting older, and buy a 2012 + Ford F-250/350 with a 6.2gas fleet vehicle 4x4 with a utility bed already on which sell all day for $12-15k.

Update the old rig? Buy newer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Need some mag input on what to do here.
    As some of you know. My current setup is as follows.
    2002 Dodge 2500 24v Cummins 4x4 SRW with 6.5'' Skamper pop up.
    310k miles, rebuilt tranny at 275k.
    Has never failed to start or run, is in really good shape besides a banged up rear quarter due to mountain life.
    What I want is a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck with a utility bed.
    Here is where I need some input/advice/suggestions.
    In order to make my current truck with a utility bed I am gonna need to fork out probably $2000-3000 for the bed.
    On top of that, due to mileage on my ole' Cummins. In the future, I want to replace injection pump, stock turbo, valve cover gasket, injectors which is another $2500-3k in parts as I can do the labor.
    With that being known,
    Given that the bed + just to update the truck that is $5kish. Should I just sell the truck altogether because it is getting older, and buy a 2012 + Ford F-250/350 with a 6.2gas fleet vehicle 4x4 with a utility bed already on which sell all day for $12-15k.
    Yes.

Vortec 6.0 also a good option

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone gone the converted cargo trailer route? Seems cheap and stealth and build it out more solid/just how you want. Thinking of a 6x10 or 6x12 build this Summer. Giving up on a prebuilt camper trailer or A-liner hard shell pop up as they all appear to be cheaply built junk.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How are Lance slide-in campers? They seem common and inexpensive...is that good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Anyone gone the converted cargo trailer route? Seems cheap and stealth and build it out more solid/just how you want. Thinking of a 6x10 or 6x12 build this Summer. Giving up on a prebuilt camper trailer or A-liner hard shell pop up as they all appear to be cheaply built junk.
    This is the obvious budget handyman choice.
    Trailers are dirt cheap, lo maintenance.

But you can’t really trailer off road, and it would be a pain in ski parking lots.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    I know a few folks with full time jobs living in Sprinters here.
    Homeless people. You know homeless people with nice rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    How are Lance slide-in campers? They seem common and inexpensive...is that good or bad?
    I talked to a guy with a Lance slide in truck camper who said it was rated for -40 degrees, but that would require a shore power plug in or running generator 24/7. It was a big camper with a slide out and mounted on a one ton dually. This Lance camper was by no means inexpensive....or light weight.

Apres-ski-San Juan Style

Chilling out after a fun day riding the chair in the Juans...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

truck bed camping

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Might it be too stealth?

Every year there are posts locally by someone asking the world to be on the lookout as their work trailer has been stolen. I think thieves see them as easy pickens with potential upside of easy to fence tools.

If you're a deep sleeper, you may wake up in a chop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post

Happened to a buddy of mine while sleeping off a night of drinking in the back of his Tacoma, downtown Portland I think. Woke up staring at the perp who'd poked his head through the cab slider. Quick flash of the Machete and all was good again!

He slept through the entire ride to the chop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by pemazia20 View Post
    truck bed camping
    only as young person willing to be uncomfy, grasshoppa
    embrace the home upon your vehicle and you will enjoy and travel much
    skid luxury

Agreed on the work trailer, we sold our travel trailer this fall and just picked up a Lance TC.

Our trailer almost rusted out with all the storm chasing, will post so photos of the new rig

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Has anyone used one of these truck tents? May not be a four season solution, but for spring skiing or summer camping they seem like they could be a cheap and easy solution

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Might it be too stealth?

Every year there are posts locally by someone asking the world to be on the lookout as their work trailer has been stolen. I think thieves see them as easy pickens with potential upside of easy to fence tools.

I don't know how convincing it would be on a trailer, but a sign on a truck door: "Acme Diaper Service" is a pretty good passive anti theft device.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Has anyone used one of these truck tents? May not be a four season solution, but for spring skiing or summer camping they seem like they could be a cheap and easy solution
    A buddy had one of those, or at least something very similar. I'm estimating slightly, but it took him roughly 8 hours to get the fucking thing set up. At which point we decided to drive to a trailhead to go for a bike ride, but of course, he couldn't drive his truck because it has this giant fucking tumor of a tent hanging off the back of it. On the upside, when folded up, it was conveniently sized to throw in the nearest dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Happened to a buddy of mine while sleeping off a night of drinking in the back of his Tacoma, downtown Portland I think. Woke up staring at the perp who'd poked his head through the cab slider. Quick flash of the Machete and all was good again!

He slept through the entire ride to the chop shop.
    and then?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    A buddy had one of those, or at least something very similar. I'm estimating slightly, but it took him roughly 8 hours to get the fucking thing set up. At which point we decided to drive to a trailhead to go for a bike ride, but of course, he couldn't drive his truck because it has this giant fucking tumor of a tent hanging off the back of it. On the upside, when folded up, it was conveniently sized to throw in the nearest dumpster.
    Lol. Good to know

^^^ Truck bed tents are a PITA. I have one of the tents that fits over a truck cap to give a bit more space for dogs, etc, and keep the bugs out; since leaving the Midwest and mosquitos, I find I never use it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0875.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	401.9 KB 
ID:	277745

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Shell with a sleeping platform or a tent on the ground. A platform so you can store stuff underneath and sleep back there without taking all of your crap out of the bed. Or, leave all your crap in the truck and set up a ground tent. A ground tent will be a better tent and take less time to set up...especially when you consider unloading the truck to sleep in it and then loading it back up to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Shell with a sleeping platform or a tent on the ground. A platform so you can store stuff underneath and sleep back there without taking all of your crap out of the bed. Or, leave all your crap in the truck and set up a ground tent. A ground tent will be a better tent and take less time to set up...especially when you consider unloading the truck to sleep in it and then loading it back up to leave.
    For solo camping, I think that would be the ticket. Sleeping platform under a shell seems perfect. For two people plus a dog I think a ground tent or a full on camper shell is probably our best options. Was hoping to save a couple of grand with the tent bed option. But the fiddle factor is a big downside when we can pitch a normal tent in five minutes.