Page 264 of 508 FirstFirst ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 12697
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    from my brief shopping for something kind of similar, seems a bit high, especially with the miles, but, a ford expert can weigh in on the engine.
    Kbb for just the van is $4k in excellent condition...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Kbb for just the van is $4k in excellent condition...

Anything converted to 4x4 with any form of build out fetches$$$

Don't tell him that. Let him reference KBB on a custom 4x4 van so he learns...lol

BTW that guy is likely selling that 6.0 PSD van because he spent all the money fixing it and upgrading but it is still a van that may need thousands in maintenance per year. Probably tired of pissing money away.

Could someone just predict what year a used Ford Transit AWD will be attractively priced? I’ll set a reminder to check back on this thread then....

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Could someone just predict what year a used Ford Transit AWD will be attractively priced? I’ll set a reminder to check back on this thread then....
    2.5 years from now there will be a fire sale on VanLife vans, home workout equipment, and city loft apartments due to the delayed economic effects of this CLUSTERFUCK of a year. That is my prediction. Till then i will live on baked potatoes and canned Naleys chili while hoarding money to buy all of those things 5 years too late to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    2.5 years from now there will be a fire sale on VanLife vans, home workout equipment, and city loft apartments due to the delayed economic effects of this CLUSTERFUCK of a year. That is my prediction. Till then i will live on baked potatoes and canned Naleys chili while hoarding money to buy all of those things 5 years too late to be cool.
    QFT.

Vans, Peletons, Bikes, touring gear.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    QFT.

Yes to peletons bc they're stupid. Yes to touring gear bc people are lazy. But as a product of profound economic divergence, cheap debt and a nearly certainly permanent warming to remote working, Vanlife is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Yes to peletons bc they're stupid. Yes to touring gear bc people are lazy. But as a product of profound economic divergence, cheap debt and a nearly certainly permanent warming to remote working, Vanlife is here to stay.
    My WAG is that it's somewhere in the middle. There will be more #vanlifers than before the whole craze started, but many will punch out due to hassle, cost, the realities of shitting in a bucket, or that it's no longer Instagram cool. Which is to say, prices will come down some, just not crater like many (like me) hope.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Don't tell him that. Let him reference KBB on a custom 4x4 van so he learns...lol

BTW that guy is likely selling that 6.0 PSD van because he spent all the money fixing it and upgrading but it is still a van that may need thousands in maintenance per year. Probably tired of pissing money away.
    I have not spent all my money on my 6.0 but I'm always on the fence of selling (and taking a bath in the process). It's a labor of love so to speak but there's not always enough love to give.

I've learned that predicting the crash of #vanlife is a fools errand.

I was positive this last winter we had reached peak van, but then covid happened and its even worse.

There are worse ways for trust funders to blow 100 grand. I'll take vanlife bro over letsdolines bro all day.

For the amount of money people have in these things, majority financed on RV loans over 10-20 years, I think you are looking at a long time before the market craters, if ever. These people are going to be debt slaves till my kid hits college, and he isn't even born yet.
    Live Free or Die

Same man. I've been trying to time it and decided to slowly make improvements on my paid for van instead of waiting for a deadbeat short on loan payments. Vans just keep getting more expensive.

That’s why my lady and I are looking at building. Third vehicle auto loan, just for “moving” or something, then building it out over time shouldn’t be hard to eliminate the 10-20 year RV loan nonsense

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    QFT.

Naleys=ass lava, step up to Hormel for skiers sake

Jalapeno or Walla walla Naleys, do tell.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

FWIW I know a few people with Pelotons who only ride indoors and they are probably fitter than I am.

I know a few people with new $180k converted vans. They are nice people who like to travel and do fun stuff outside. They are not living in them, that is for sure. I’m just not looking at basically a second mortgage to go car camping.

I could maybe see getting a used van and doing a cheap, basic conversion for weekend use - although even that can be really expensive. Not getting rained on the second you wake up and being able to store stuff inside does seem nice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    FWIW I know a few people with Pelotons who only ride indoors and they are probably fitter than I am.

I know a few people with new $180k converted vans. They are nice people who like to travel and do fun stuff outside. They are not living in them, that is for sure. I’m just not looking at basically a second mortgage to go car camping.

I could maybe see getting a used van and doing a cheap, basic conversion for weekend use - although even that can be really expensive. Not getting rained on the second you wake up and being able to store stuff inside does seem nice, though.
    Same here for people with peloton and gucci vans.

As for waking up and getting rained on... Isn't that camping?
    I just keep looking at camper vans and doing the math and although I sleep in my car or next to it more than the folks I know with the sweet rigs, the math doesn't work for what a used converted van costs. I prefer to sleep in my outback and get a motel room once in a while to shower etc.

My friends that have vehicles over $100k just say of course the math doesn't work. It also doesn't work for Harley's and porsches and lots of stuff that people buy. And skiing for that matter.

I still want a pimped out sprinter van.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

I have nothing against vanlife and don’t see it going away, but I do think that the larger van/RV market will retract in a few years. Gen Z and Millennial owners will look to free up capital for home/kid/life purchases as they grow up. Boomers will sell as they want milk those remaining years of international travel, cruises, etc. Gen Xers... maybe you guys will find something else to spend your time/money on when the dust settles?

Quote Originally Posted by Westmeister View Post
    Jalapeno or Walla walla Naleys, do tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmeister View Post
    Naleys=ass lava, step up to Hormel for skiers sake
    Depends on which flat of chili cans are on sale. Walla Walla is the preferred choice (you can always douse it with tapatio), then jalepeno, then orginal, and lastly Hot. The Hot flavor is always regretable and produces legit ass lava in the morning, especially when mixed with drinking the night before.

When im feeling classy ill treat myself to Dennisons.

Nalley's Chili left Tacoma in 2010, after being in the Nalley Valley, Tacoma, for 92 years, and hasn't been the same since. It's made is some massive processing plant in the Midwest somewhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Depends on which flat of chili cans are on sale. Walla Walla is the preferred choice (you can always douse it with tapatio), then jalepeno, then orginal, and lastly Hot. The Hot flavor is always regretable and produces legit ass lava in the morning, especially when mixed with drinking the night before.

When im feeling classy ill treat myself to Dennisons.
    Ass lava! Aka the drizzles

I <heart> hot tele-moms

I'm debating a camper van but am not spending 100k on one. I need a small cargo van for work, so I'm thinking of getting one as a tax write-off and that has a basic ability to camp in (cooler, etc.), a bed that can be easily removed, etc. And has to have seats in the back for 2 kids, fit in my work garage at 7' 6" max. So I won't be able to stand in it, I probably can't have anything with good clearance, and 2 seats in the back will be kinda a big space sucker so it'll just be for storing shit, dogs, and sleeping. Cooking will be limited.

Uh, then I saw this thing: https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/61258901

Checks a lot of boxes I don't need and doesn't check a lot of boxes I do need, but, anyone with a clue have an opinion on that thing? Especially the motor and price?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I'm debating a camper van but am not spending 100k on one. I need a small cargo van for work, so I'm thinking of getting one as a tax write-off and that has a basic ability to camp in (cooler, etc.), a bed that can be easily removed, etc. And has to have seats in the back for 2 kids, fit in my work garage at 7' 6" max. So I won't be able to stand in it, I probably can't have anything with good clearance, and 2 seats in the back will be kinda a big space sucker so it'll just be for storing shit, dogs, and sleeping. Cooking will be limited.

Uh, then I saw this thing: https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/61258901

Checks a lot of boxes I don't need and doesn't check a lot of boxes I do need, but, anyone with a clue have an opinion on that thing? Especially the motor and price?
    Damn that rig is NICE. Id offer all in with trailer at a little lower than asking. It seems to have been up a while, maybe they're desperate.

That is a nice setup. Looks a lot nicer than most sportsmobile type conversions I see. Price may be a bit high but the 4x4 van market is dumb and there aren't much for comparable rigs out there.

The V10 is a good motor, obviously mpgs aren't great. It would probably be my pick for a ski rig, as diesels can be quirky in cold temps. This issue has certainly been discussed in this thread before.

Screw the 180k #vanlife 20 year mortgage on a camper. Where have all the ski bums gone?

Buy a 10k truck and 5k in materials and build yer own.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...-build.209483/