Page 410 of 510 FirstFirst ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 12727
    I can't put regular in my 2022 AWD Ecoboost transit?

Grom fun to cruise on untill 19 yr old texting bro dozer smokes me.

Simple, do you manually change driving modes in snow, or does it automatically do it's thing?

I manually do it. It will switch when sensing slip but putting it in slippery mode holds the AWD

No regular in turbo engines. I put mid grade in once in a while. If it is turbo it gets premium in my experience. No garbage fuel either only top tier. No garbage oil either. Treat turbo engines well and they last longer.

Thx. Quick search says it's designed to run on 87. Premium is probably better. Thx for the oil suggestion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...rv-first-look/

BEV #vanlife, but ya gotta recharge every 90 miles and avoid high speed interstates.
    Certainly interesting. Curious to see how long it'll take to develop something with a workable range (and top speed).

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

I told my date while we were chatting that I had a van I converted to a ski/bike access camper. She must have thought I had a $200k Sprinter because when I showed her my 2013 Express AWD with 200k, there was a definite sense of disappointment

red flag ^
    dodged a bullet
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I wonder how much he wants for the camper. I paid $300 for my mint Granby and it's shit the bed, but I could transfer a lot into that. So many rough miles on that thing (mine). I need to either strip it, or build my own thang. Could give 2 shits about the underbuilt beat up ferd.
    The value in that one was that it came from the factory to fit the bronco with a pass through. As I suspected, ad is gone.

I was thinking of going to look at this 7.3 super duty down the road from me that I saw with a for sale sign last night, but I found the FB ad and it was way overpriced, like everything these days. It's sitting in my neighbor's driveway now, guess he got sick of his 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...rv-first-look/

BEV #vanlife, but ya gotta recharge every 90 miles and avoid high speed interstates.
    I did a test-drive event last year with Lightning and got to drive their Transit Cargo EV. It was ok, but for being the biggest player in this market (with like $1B in funding...) - they're dragging their feet with dated technology. Similar to ChargePoint on the charging front, just dragging behind the progress of their respective market.

The 70mi range is a no-go for my uses and that needs to improve. I have three gas Transits that I'd look to replace in two years, but I need more like 150-200mi range to make it versatile for our program. For local delivery/local hotel/run around town businesses, it works, but for a lot of the "van" market, it's just not quite there. I've heard some other competitors with E450 chassis rated at 105-160mi ranges. That's much more palatable, but maybe the Transit 350 just can't handle the battery load to get there?

Hard to know if the bread/butter Class B or C RV crowd would go for this. If you really needed to get somewhere on the highway, you'd be stopping every hour to recharge...

Saw one of these in town last week. Nifty little rig with AWD+EcoBoost:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cross_Trail_20XG_ext_product_w_awning2_honeycomb_grill (1).jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	419140

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I did a test-drive event last year with Lightning and got to drive their Transit Cargo EV. It was ok, but for being the biggest player in this market (with like $1B in funding...) - they're dragging their feet with dated technology. Similar to ChargePoint on the charging front, just dragging behind the progress of their respective market.

The 70mi range is a no-go for my uses and that needs to improve. I have three gas Transits that I'd look to replace in two years, but I need more like 150-200mi range to make it versatile for our program. For local delivery/local hotel/run around town businesses, it works, but for a lot of the "van" market, it's just not quite there. I've heard some other competitors with E450 chassis rated at 105-160mi ranges. That's much more palatable, but maybe the Transit 350 just can't handle the battery load to get there
    If you take the energy content of a tank of diesel and extrapolate to Li-ion equivalent you wind up with a battery that weigh abouttttt 4500# and costs close to $60k on the low side. Until energy density improves, it's just a no-go for anything but the most aerodynamic vehicles.

As I posted upthread they're trying to figure out how to deliver electricity to cars and trucks w "wiring" embedded in the roadways so a huge battery and charging stations aren't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    If you take the energy content of a tank of diesel and extrapolate to Li-ion equivalent you wind up with a battery that weigh abouttttt 4500# and costs close to $60k on the low side. Until energy density improves, it's just a no-go for anything but the most aerodynamic vehicles.
    And a giant hole in the ground, dry water tables, and contaminated water left over. Lithium isn't the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    As I posted upthread they're trying to figure out how to deliver electricity to cars and trucks w "wiring" embedded in the roadways so a huge battery and charging stations aren't necessary.
    Can't see that becoming reality. Roads are too expensive to maintain as it is, and they fall apart constantly.

There is already wiring in the roads at just about every intersection with street lights. It isn't an impossible idea and everything man makes needs maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    There is already wiring in the roads at just about every intersection with street lights. It isn't an impossible idea and everything man makes needs maintenance
    And there is usually buried cable or other utilities already under most roadways. This could also be done in conjunction with moving high voltage wires underground which brings many additional benefits. It also doesn't have to be anywhere near all encompassing. Picture charging at stop lights or other traffic back up spots or specific charging lanes on interstates or freeways.
    As far as it becoming reality, we'll see what 2023 brings
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ging-in-the-US
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

A bit expensive but a hell of a rig

https://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs...497787725.html

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

In case anyone here is looking, I'll be selling our truck camper soon. It's a 2006 Northstar TC800 pop up, nice condition overall, everything works, no leaks. Intended for a 8' bed, but you could use it in a shorter bed (they sell a version of the same length camper for 6.5' beds, which has a rear wrap to take up some space). Queen north/south bed, 3-way fridge/freezer, 3-burner stove with oven, big C shaped dinette (also usable for a smaller bed), 30 gallon fresh water tank, outside shower, 6-gallon water heater, and a furnace. No A/C (has a fantastic fan), no bathroom, no gray or black tanks.

Mrs C decided she wants/needs an inside bathroom, and the truck camper is a big step up from the ground on our new truck, which she doesn't like. So we're buying a travel trailer tomorrow.

I'll post a separate for sale thread with pics in the next week or so, but thought I'd throw it up here if anyone was shopping for something like this. Located in Reno NV.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thought the maggots would appreciate this one

Facebook marketplace in Ronan, MT

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Cross-post for the FS thread for my truck camper:
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Edit

PSA: 2006 Chevy Express AWD in CDA on Marketplace. High miles and the passenger version with windows but only asking $6500. That’s the best deal I’ve seen on an AWD express since pre-pandemic.
    Last edited by Falcon3; 06-25-2022 at 10:13 PM.

^ yeah that's nice, affordable.