Page 104 of 510 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 12727
    Sweet rig!
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

My buddy rebuilt a camper last year. A ton of work over many weeks. Nice job doing yours!

Agreed, nice little popup!

Looks like a ton of work... still need to take you up on the beer offer to compare notes on the pop-up lifestyle.

Anytime LS! Well, anytime after thanksgiving, road test in progress...
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post

http://albany.craigslist.org/rvs/5854198046.html
    4x4 Chinook premier Rv motorhome - $27500 (Shirley Ny)

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Really like the Chinook. Gas mileage on the 10 cylinder must be in the single digits.

The Toyota is nice too, if your keeping it semi local - a little long on window treatments for a winter rig and it seems weight distribution looks to have been a 2nd thought |:~>

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Really like the Chinook. Gas mileage on the 10 cylinder must be in the single digits.
    I have a few friends with this particular V10 (in vans), in town they report single digits, like 8 ~ 9 mpg, on the highway, closer to 13 ~ 14 depending.
    Given the lift, and the frontal area on the Chinook, I would guess slightly less?

The Toyota is nice too, if your keeping it semi local - a little long on window treatments for a winter rig and it seems weight distribution looks to have been a 2nd thought |:~>
    Looks a little long past the wheel base doesn't it?
    That said it has a dully axle/wheel set up (not to mention the beefed up rear suspension), so some thought had to go into it.
    The thing about any RV (IMO) is that it's not about being in a hurry, so maybe the horse power trade for gas mileage isn't as big a deal?
    25 mpg is pretty solid it's real...

Nice find NoPostholio...

Surprised this 4x4 ambulance has not been posted. I would not buy an ambulance or shuttle bus as I've seen how much time they can spend idling.
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/5861236791.html

Nice find NoPostholio...
    Always window shopping in your hood -

Nice deal for pnw motorhead, a truck and camper combo - the TC is a monster and looks in good shape for 1900$
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/rvs/5873532894.html

and oddly enough, same basic TC for same price, 1900$ - most voluminous TC interior I have seen. I know a ford pickup in Seattle this would sit nice in.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/rvs/5868371761.html

And last but not least - PAGING GEPETO!!!
    20K seems like a steal for custom sprinter/merc

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/5871936549.html
    Last edited by NoPostholio; 11-12-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

That Sprinter is a steal. I'm tempted to sell my Eurovan to grab it. Cost of ownership has got to be about 1/4 what my VW is...

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    And last but not least - PAGING GEPETO!!!
    20K seems like a steal for custom sprinter/merc

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/5871936549.html

Yea... dat's more like it. storage - woof - will tear into the details later... nice sink; do you think it comes with the clamps?

do you think it comes with the clamps?
    Yup, and the dozen organic brown eggs.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by bgrayvy View Post
    That Sprinter is a steal. I'm tempted to sell my Eurovan to grab it. Cost of ownership has got to be about 1/4 what my VW is...
    I don't touch VWs but Sprinters are like most diesels, they run for ever provided you give them plenty of expensive maintenance. I know that home made campervans are all the range in the non-dirty mountain-y set, but bring your check book. That little peace sign looking thing on the hood...it costs money. There is a reason Promasters and Transits are out selling Sprinters these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I don't touch VWs but Sprinters are like most diesels, they run for ever provided you give them plenty of expensive maintenance. I know that home made campervans are all the range in the non-dirty mountain-y set, but bring your check book. That little peace sign looking thing on the hood...it costs money. There is a reason Promasters and Transits are out selling Sprinters these days.
    That makes sense. I'm just playing the grass is greener game. We've probably got a couple years left with the Eurovan before we sell it at a ridiculous price and go back to a truck.

finally gonna jump in this epic thread
    just got a '75 dodge broughm sportsman 19'
    she has a few issues, absolutely zero insulation no furnace and leaky 40yr old water heater, much repaired copper line against the sheet metal fender well and back wall/floor begs for complete replacement. The 440 seems to run good w/new summit carb and intake.
    the old onan gen runs but no out put, must investigate that, the giant hunk of cold steel under the bench/bed may have to go too.

Definitely a project, but excited about have a mobile base.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

forgot to ask any mobile mags have some insight to these old beasts?
    embrace the gape
    and believe

http://santafe.craigslist.org/rvs/5866822105.html

I would be all over this but I think it would cost me $10k in gas to drive it back to alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Ak_pride View Post
    http://santafe.craigslist.org/rvs/5866822105.html

I would be all over this but I think it would cost me $10k in gas to drive it back to alaska
    glug glug glug

I've owned this drive-line/chassis combination. Anywhere from 6-15mpg depending on how much you like to mat it. I was able to keep it at around 11/12 and still really drive but, 9mpg was a mere mash or 2 away. Spin and chirp the dually's with no load in a steel dumper. Made for a great plow truck/salter.

Pretty amazing snow handling characteristics; plenty of deliverable power and a nice bias. combination had pretty low CG and this looks well laid out. could put some air under it to gain some clearance for deeper approaches.

I didn't read the fine print - was the unlimited gas card in the glovebox?

^^^
    That with a 12 valve Cummins would be pretty dope OTOH.

^^^
    That with a 12 valve Cummins would be pretty dope OTOH.
    There was one here in Denver that was going for about $30k awhile back. The 12 valve is going to get very similar gas mileage, maybe a couple mpg's better at most. I am a diesel man at heart, but after one cold 24 hr camping session at 12k ft..my 12 valve took 30mins just to start up. At the same time, some asshole came up to me saying that my 12 valve isn't right because it is puffing smoke. No shit buddy, it is -15f out, and it's a fucking diesel. Same guy has been trying to sell some 12V Dodge Ramcharger for like $30k on craigslist out of Vail for the past year...because within 20 seconds of meeting him he kept telling me about this thing.

I test drove a 88 B class (Trans-van I think) that was on the same drive line and chassis about 8 years ago, it got somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 ~ 8 mpg...
    Damn... for a modern comparison my parents get 9-10 mpg in their gmc 3500 dually towing a 18k lb 38' 5th wheel. Total weight 26k.

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Consider this an upgrade from the previous

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/rvs/5876546423.html
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

^^^^that thing is sweet - is that a chevy chassis - any speculations on engine size?

Should be a 4.3 v6. They have a good reputation though I have no experience. Those Astros are pretty cool.