Page 200 of 508 FirstFirst ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 12695
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    So it seems like his "Branding" is working. Lots of "Followers".

Morrison keeps a low profile because he knows it is all bullshit. People who post their name all over the place for personal gain will fade away before the paint dries.
    God you are fucking stupid. He is not flashing his name around to get bro-bra recognition/fame. He is running a business, just like an electrician/plumber, and that is his work truck with his biz name on it. No different, dumbass...

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Leech has been making a living off of bikes for almost as long as Morrison has been making a living off of skis.
    And his current company -- which yes is named after him -- has been around for 7 years. Pretty sure paint dries in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Aimed at the $70k bro-club... you know what I mean. Whether that's an "up-fitted" van or a shiny new truck, it just feels antithetical to my ideals of ski-soul.

I love seeing the older vans and RVs out there in the snow. Your Tiger was the main inspiration for my own rig.

$100k vans just scream DWEEB to me. Maybe my opinion will change one day.
    For me, ski soul is about the pursuit of stoke. Different people dig different aspects of the pursuit. I get it. In other adventures, I love driving the metaphorical cheaper rig and it adds to the gratification. In this adventure, the price of the rig isn't calculated in the ski soul equation.

Different strokes.

In other news, this thread is out of hand with all the philosophical bullshit. Drive what you drive and rock on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20190102_145235.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	292085

well said.

Pretty amazing how bent out of shape people get for someone making fun of a guy for plastering his name all over his RV. Do you guys follow this dude to the trailhead so he can regale you with stories of his adventures? I'm just not that into shameless self promotion of that fashion. I also make fun of lawyers who have cheesy ass commercial on late night TV for the record.

But hey, we have to agree to disagree here. Just expect that if you plaster your name all over your shit, you will be made fun of by me. Deal with it.

However, I think the rig itself is pretty sweet. I have no idea who the guy is, and no problem with him personally, just think that I would probably come up with a name for my company that wasn't based on my birth name. Whatever, he got roasted on PB for running a Hemi.
    Last edited by shredgnar; 08-23-2019 at 11:20 AM.

It is only because you are fundamentally misunderstanding the guy and what he is doing. If he was just some amateur youtuber with slightly above average skills and he plastered his rig with his channel name, etc, then, yeah, perhaps he deserves mocking. But, Ryan Leech has been a pro for years and has had full parts in many of the biggest MTB movies (none in recent memory, but still). He makes his living now by doing skills clinics so when people see him and/or his rig at a trail head, they can get his site/contact info, etc, if they are interested (how else would they find out about him?). I don't think he should be crapped on for that. Guy's gotta eat.

Damn, look at his movie credits.

https://learn.ryanleech.com/ryanleech-video-anthology

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    It is only because you are fundamentally misunderstanding the guy and what he is doing. If he was just some amateur youtuber with slightly above average skills and he plastered his rig with his channel name, etc, then, yeah, perhaps he deserves mocking. But, Ryan Leech has been a pro for years and has had full parts in many of the biggest MTB movies (none in recent memory, but still). He makes his living now by doing skills clinics so when people see him and/or his rig at a trail head, they can get his site/contact info, etc, if they are interested (how else would they find out about him?). I don't think he should be crapped on for that. Guy's gotta eat.

Damn, look at his movie credits.

https://learn.ryanleech.com/ryanleech-video-anthology
    Didn't watch, I'm sure it is impressive, but it is still just riding a bike. If Danny Macaskill was driving around with a little RV on his truck in the western US that was plastered with his name, I'd still laugh at him. Because it is funny.

Didn't watch, I'm sure it is impressive, but it is still just riding a bike. If Danny Macaskill was driving around with a little RV on his truck in the western US that was plastered with his name, I'd still laugh at him. Because it is funny.
    Ok, fair enough. I'm guessing no higher education with you- huh?

Nah he is just tripling down with his troll effort. But yeah he is still a standard mtn retard.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Nah he is just tripling down with his troll effort. But yeah he is still a standard mtn retard.
    Definitely not trolling, and it is kinda weird how mad you guys got over this. But let's move on eh?

Vans are nice.
    Truck campers are nice.
    Since I sold my truck camper, I am going to build a custom off-road winter-able off-road trailer. Gonna go solid axle trailer, with an Alaskan 8ft on it. Trying to keep it at 2500lbs. 1k for trailer weight, 2500 for camper loaded. Stay tuned....coming your way in the next two years.

Stuck in the Live Music Capital of the World

^^^
    Haha, the nerve of that guy...
    Go Glen go!

Definitely not trolling, and it is kinda weird how mad you guys got over this. But let's move on eh?
    What’s funny is you apparently needing to have the last word on the subject. Quadruple down for you... from a guy who’s handle suggests he’s a mt. brah rippah... keep on keeping on buddy.

somewhat touche^

Saw an article that sportsmobile is continuing the e350 builds by creating their own body for the chassis cab like any other rv manufacturer. Nice builds with solid front axles.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    Saw an article that sportsmobile is continuing the e350 builds by creating their own body for the chassis cab like any other rv manufacturer. Nice builds with solid front axles.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Yes, I saw one at the Outdoor Van Expo at Meadows a few weeks ago. The body is fiberglass but otherwise they look just like the classic ford E350 van. Pretty sweet. These folks are demoing one right now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/weretherussos/videos

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Yes, I saw one at the Outdoor Van Expo at Meadows a few weeks ago. The body is fiberglass but otherwise they look just like the classic ford E350 van. Pretty sweet. These folks are demoing one right now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/weretherussos/videos
    Some of the pics I’ve seen make it look like the body might be a hair wider then the old vans. Is that accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Some of the pics I’ve seen make it look like the body might be a hair wider then the old vans. Is that accurate?
    Yes. According to Expo 1" added to either side of the exterior, netting 4" of additional interior width (somehow). More here:

https://expeditionportal.com/e-serie...the-econoline/

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Yes. According to Expo 1" added to either side of the exterior, netting 4" of additional interior width (somehow). More here:

https://expeditionportal.com/e-serie...the-econoline/
    Thanks- they got the other two inches from the interior I guess?

How we roll! Name:  snowed in.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  27.7 KB Name:  totally snowed in.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  29.4 KB
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

^^^

Just drop it into 4-Low and you'll be good.

It's about what I had to do. I actually left the trailer up there as I had no desire to dig it out and was going to be back three days later anyway. Boy that was a job getting it out of there safely...had to literally peel it away from the wall. Some of you may recognize that second photo from Halley O'Brian's report this winter. ;-)
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

New trailer owner here. I’ve been wondering about getting a set of studded tires on it for winter or should I just plan to chain up when having road conditions?

When we chose trailer vs other RV options we did accept the trade off of snow ability but do want to make some winter outings.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    New trailer owner here. I’ve been wondering about getting a set of studded tires on it for winter or should I just plan to chain up when having road conditions?

When we chose trailer vs other RV options we did accept the trade off of snow ability but do want to make some winter outings.
    We have had no issues here in Oregon with my Chevy Silverado pulling our 24' trailer. I have chains for it but have never felt the need for them. I have thought about getting all-season tires on it just for a little peace of mind but to this point I have been amazed and that is with about 15 trips in the snow with it with a 2 hour drive of which a 1/3 was in snow and deep winter conditions. I have all-season tires on my truck(Bliz).

Check out the ingenious camper this French guy built on a Land Rover. Pretty slick engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LS3BBdvnw8