Page 471 of 510 FirstFirst ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,775 of 12731
    Certainly not a bad deal. Not exactly a daily driver but sweet for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Are you calling me a poser?
    no, I’m just having fun being a jackass. And you probably deal with heavy vehicles in mud a lot, so yer trolling us right? Nice camp spot btw.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    no, I’m just having fun being a jackss.
    I’m glad jackassery still occurs amongst this aging retired dentist demographic

no, I’m just having fun being a jackass. And you probably deal with heavy vehicles in mud a lot, so yer trolling us right? Nice camp spot btw.
    my goal in life is to never look like a poser
    I was scared for a second that I might be

someday I'll post a blog of how awesome my rig is and all the upgrades lift kits and pimp factors
    and what ikea furniture I thought was best to make the interior feel like home not everyone can assemble an ikea interior like I can

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Ha! Thanks Buddy for the share… any Dentists out there looking for a dialed cold weather rig this is it! Nothing like warming the feet on 70* floors after a day skiing. In all seriousness we’ve had 30-40 very comfortable nights in this rig supporting our 2 kids at IFSA Comps the last 2 winters from Targhee/Jackson - Big Sky-Kicking Horse - Revelstoke and everywhere in between. Just Time to build the next one
    That's a VERY well thought out build. If only I had $140k burning a hole in my pocket.

Ha! Thanks Buddy for the share… any Dentists out there looking for a dialed cold weather rig this is it! Nothing like warming the feet on 70* floors after a day skiing. In all seriousness we’ve had 30-40 very comfortable nights in this rig supporting our 2 kids at IFSA Comps the last 2 winters from Targhee/Jackson - Big Sky-Kicking Horse - Revelstoke and everywhere in between. Just Time to build the next one
    Awesome build!
    How did you mount the ski locker on the back if you don't mind me asking? Was it all custom fabbed?
    Looking to do something similar on my TC.

https://youtu.be/CgIjNJcIhDY

If you haven't seen this guy check him out. Real AF van life. Going deep into bc/Yukon etc..

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Earthroamer on BaT, currently at $55k and 4 days left.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...hroamer-xv-lt/
    Happened to glanced at this to see what the final sale price when there was only 1:30 left on the clock.
    Ended at $118,500: after hours bid war pushed it up to $146,000.

Still seens pretty good?

Didn't meet reserve at $146k so apparently not

Good rescue video if you haven't seen it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEgAs1fROyY

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

Looks like the seller and highest bidder may have ironed out a deal in the comments, even though reserve not met.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by WizardOfRoz View Post
    Awesome build!
    How did you mount the ski locker on the back if you don't mind me asking? Was it all custom fabbed?
    Looking to do something similar on my TC.
    Thank You! Appreciate it… Ski Locker is mounted on the Owl Van B2 cargo system. Wouldn’t be hard to adapt the locker to another setup with some creative fab/welding. Looking like big Red is off to the Bellingham area here in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

I drove part of that this month, he's on the edge of a long drop most likely. I need to put Trailmater's number and Matt's Towing on my phone, ha. I've been a bit worried about dirt road edges all year since we had so much water over the winter. I read a blog post about a guy flipping his truck/camper on a wet saturated PNW road that made me more aware of the issue. Bought a seatbelt cutter / window breaker after hearing how he got out with one. And that Roamer is 9500 pounds more than mine, fack that's scary.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I imagine the driver of that Earth Roamer needed to duck into the trees and change out his shorts after that one. Holy shit. Seeing now that the road literally collapsed under that beast. Scary.

I drove part of that this month, he's on the edge of a long drop most likely. I need to put Trailmater's number and Matt's Towing on my phone, ha. I've been a bit worried about dirt road edges all year since we had so much water over the winter. I read a blog post about a guy flipping his truck/camper on a wet saturated PNW road that made me more aware of the issue. Bought a seatbelt cutter / window breaker after hearing how he got out with one. And that Roamer is 9500 pounds more than mine, fack that's scary.
    ha ha
    yeah the mobile ikea apartment is the same 9000 lbs less than the roamer but still heavy as hell
    was off roading south of there a few months ago, so much fun
    we ducked into the cathedral loop in cainville to do a recon for a future trip on that loop but only went a few miles

18k lbs for an off road rig is crazy

Name:  IMG_0114.jpeg
Views: 479
Size:  164.3 KB

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Sometimes you just gotta go to Walmart and brave the insanity for a good deal. Drove through the "campground". Amazing how many nice rigs with out of state plates. Who buys a $100k+ rig to "camp" at Walmart when there are millions of acres of accessible BLM land around?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Sometimes you just gotta go to Walmart and brave the insanity for a good deal. Drove through the "campground". Amazing how many nice rigs with out of state plates. Who buys a $100k+ rig to "camp" at Walmart when there are millions of acres of accessible BLM land around?
    It's like being a bully to the kids on the short bus. Pick a tougher target to make fun of. Of course those folks are mouth breathing morons. Try focusing on dipshit enduro mountain bikers who need to brew their own espresso in the parking lot rather than pedal there from their campsite a few miles away.

ha ha
    yeah the mobile ikea apartment is the same 9000 lbs less than the roamer but still heavy as hell
    was off roading south of there a few months ago, so much fun
    we ducked into the cathedral loop in cainville to do a recon for a future trip on that loop but only went a few miles

18k lbs for an off road rig is crazy
    You might have clearance issues in washes and ruts this year, but then again you might not. Do the river crossing first, not last.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Name:  IMG_0114.jpeg
Views: 479
Size:  164.3 KB
    Nice! here's the site from Tuesday night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barf.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	461317

You might have clearance issues in washes and ruts this year, but then again you might not. Do the river crossing first, not last.

]
    thanks for the advice on direction
    I"ve been debating which way to go looking at the maps for weeks now

not sure if I will get down there this fall early winter
    it'd be nice if they graded it before I do

thanks for the advice on direction
    I"ve been debating which way to go looking at the maps for weeks now

not sure if I will get down there this fall early winter
    it'd be nice if they graded it before I do
    Overall the road is flat, just some additional random trenches to cross this year. One is really steep and deep but avoidable. The shit washboards are only on the east side of the loop, where people go to Sun temple then turn back.

There are other entrances to the loop too, PM me if you want more info, I've done the hikes off it and figured out camp spots and have some way points.

Nice! here's the site from Tuesday night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barf.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	461317
    More pics…nice rig.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    https://youtu.be/CgIjNJcIhDY

If you haven't seen this guy check him out. Real AF van life. Going deep into bc/Yukon etc..
    Foresty is fuckin' awesome. Been watching for a while, little Rocko is an awesome addition

Thank You! Appreciate it… Ski Locker is mounted on the Owl Van B2 cargo system. Wouldn’t be hard to adapt the locker to another setup with some creative fab/welding. Looking like big Red is off to the Bellingham area here in a few weeks
    Sweeeeet I'll check it out. Thanks so much!

. I read a blog post about a guy flipping his truck/camper on a wet saturated PNW road that made me more aware of the issue. Bought a seatbelt cutter / window breaker after hearing how he got out with one. And that Roamer is 9500 pounds more than mine, fack that's scary.
    We were side hilling our 7300lb truck/camper on a wet/saturated hill over a creek couple days ago and was concerned about the same. Those giant earthroamers are neat, but you can’t just get yanked out of a hole with the help of a regular truck going by.
    Last edited by Trackhead; 06-09-2023 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    It has to do with familiarity. Most of the people you see parking their RV in the Wally lot are only there for a night or 2 and have stayed in at least one previously so they're comfortable with it. If you're not familiar with the area trying to find a good spot on BLM land, particularly if it's just an overnight could be a crap shoot. Those big, high dollar rigs are much easier to get into a spot then out of if you decide it's not where you want to be.
    The Sheriff is near!

Overall the road is flat, just some additional random trenches to cross this year. One is really steep and deep but avoidable. The shit washboards are only on the east side of the loop, where people go to Sun temple then turn back.

There are other entrances to the loop too, PM me if you want more info, I've done the hikes off it and figured out camp spots and have some way points.
    Thanks I will
    not so sure when I will get there, possibly nov - feb???
    we need to sit down and figure out our second half of the year vacation plans
    alittle bit of rain or snow and that place would be a mud pit need to keep that in mind

so much awesome isolated stuff in utah once you get away from the moab gong show
    was down towards bluff and lake powell this spring and a construction sign on a dirt road said "road damage ahead" you see those all the time at 30mph I turn and drop into a wash and there was no road I just yelled hold on and hit the brakes