Page 222 of 510 FirstFirst ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    How are people managing snow melt off skis for multi day excursions?
    If they're going to be used a second day, they sleep outside.

Otherwise, a roof box would be a worthwhile investment.

How are people managing snow melt off skis for multi day excursions?
    We put 'em under their rig for the night. We transport them in a DIY ski bag strapped on a hitch-mount luggage carrier that doubles as a porch when we're set up.

ETA: this will be going in a 4th gen 4R
    FWIW, custom is awesome but this after a little hacksawing this fits perfectly in a 4th gen 4runner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    You have to cut off one of the head/toe edges that extends past the legs, and then the legs as much as you want for storage vs headroom. Got me a sleep setup in about 30 minutes. Unfortunately I don't have any pics

^ The Zinus frames are surprisingly well built for the price. We have two in the kids rooms, would be a quick way to a platform build.

We had a box built for skis that goes on the back bumper w a swing arm etc. like aluminess boxes but hold 5 pair of skis as long as 200cm. It’s pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    We had a box built for skis that goes on the back bumper w a swing arm etc. like aluminess boxes but hold 5 pair of skis as long as 200cm. It’s pretty awesome.

You have pictures you can share?

When I get home

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Skins inside to dry in the van. Boards outside in the rocket box. Snowmobile gets a cover because she is my bad bitch.

I am very pleased with this boot dryer.
    DryGuy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1147.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	582.8 KB 
ID:	311059

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    DryGuy

Best boot dryer I've owned. Has held up for a few years to 4x/week usage.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    DryGuy

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Best boot dryer I've owned. Has held up for a few years to 4x/week usage.
    Crazy thay I've never heard of these before now.

Can these act as a boot heater for warming the boot on the way to the hill?

Or does it not put out that much heat?

Basically I'm looking for something to warm-up and soften-up my Lange's a bit so I can wedge my feet into them in the parking lot instead of having to go into the lodge for 20 mins and warming them by the fire. The boots get really cold in the car on the way to the hill (no, I don't leave them in the car overnight, they come from inside a warm house but get too cold in the back seat on the way to the hill) and I've been considering electronic boot bag for keeping them warm, but if these can do the same or similar job, then they seem like a much better option.

Typical Canadian Rockies and Kootneys skier that has great difficulty getting my cold Lange's on in parking lots at minus 10C to 20C. If I do manage to get them on in the lot in colder temps, my feet freeze from the frozen boot sucking all the warmth out of my feet. And it seems like my feet never quite catch up to making or keeping the boot warm through circulation. I definitely don't have a problem with sweating out, so I don't need these for drying out my boots. I just need something for warming up the boot before putting them on.

So looking for something to make it so I can put on a room temperature (or slightly warmer) boot in the parking lot.

How would these do for that application.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Yes, they have heaters and fans.

I got my son a set of those for Christmas a couple years ago. He was skiing both weekend days with the freeride team and wouldn't always dry his boots as well as needed. The dryer would warm his boots and finish raw drying pretty well on the Canmore to the Lake commute

problem solved

Name:	IMG_8365.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	311074

and yes, it works extremely well

Tip:

Sam's club in Murray ut. Gas is 217. Parking is allowed. Membership is 48$ per yr.

Parking is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Crazy thay I've never heard of these before now.

Can these act as a boot heater for warming the boot on the way to the hill?

Or does it not put out that much heat?

Basically I'm looking for something to warm-up and soften-up my Lange's a bit so I can wedge my feet into them in the parking lot instead of having to go into the lodge for 20 mins and warming them by the fire. The boots get really cold in the car on the way to the hill (no, I don't leave them in the car overnight, they come from inside a warm house but get too cold in the back seat on the way to the hill) and I've been considering electronic boot bag for keeping them warm, but if these can do the same or similar job, then they seem like a much better option.

Typical Canadian Rockies and Kootneys skier that has great difficulty getting my cold Lange's on in parking lots at minus 10C to 20C. If I do manage to get them on in the lot in colder temps, my feet freeze from the frozen boot sucking all the warmth out of my feet. And it seems like my feet never quite catch up to making or keeping the boot warm through circulation. I definitely don't have a problem with sweating out, so I don't need these for drying out my boots. I just need something for warming up the boot before putting them on.

So looking for something to make it so I can put on a room temperature (or slightly warmer) boot in the parking lot.

How would these do for that application.
    Those dryers don't put out anywhere near enough heat to put any heat into the shell at all.

Platforms in SUV/wagons are great for quick weekend strike missions in the Winter but you're not living back there for an extended time IMHO. Securing the platform so it won't shift or move, especially during an accident is key. Turnbuckles work well. Skis in the roof pod along with the food bag, it's a good refrigerator in the winter! Woodstove makes it cozy, but not needed until the low 20's F. Vents out the window with a board/gasket that fits in the window tracks.

Simple, but so far so good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4198.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	311094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4187.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	311095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4191.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	923.1 KB 
ID:	311096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4192.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	311097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4186.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	311098  

Wood stove! Lol

Have you seen this camper setup? Looks like brand new custom setup can be had under $20k....

https://www.facebook.com/15862069549...645252117/?d=n

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Have you seen this camper setup? Looks like brand new custom setup can be had under $20k....

https://www.facebook.com/15862069549...645252117/?d=n

badass...

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    the wood stove setup. fantastic.

i really dig that rig, to be clear. built Toyotas get a thumbs up

Nice 100! I'm picking up a set of drawers next week for my 80 to do a similar setup for nights in the snopark to avoid Crystal traffic.
    I'm guessing the wood stove helps avoid condensation inside? I've never liked sleeping inside rigs previously cause of that. Nothing like ice on the inside of the windshield.
    I'm toying with the idea of a mr buddy heater and cracking a window or two but wonder if I'll make the news for "dumbass suffocates in car"

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Nice 100! I'm picking up a set of drawers next week for my 80 to do a similar setup for nights in the snopark to avoid Crystal traffic.
    I'm guessing the wood stove helps avoid condensation inside? I've never liked sleeping inside rigs previously cause of that. Nothing like ice on the inside of the windshield.
    I'm toying with the idea of a mr buddy heater and cracking a window or two but wonder if I'll make the news for "dumbass suffocates in car"
    At least would have suffocated in a really badass car, not a buick or oldsmobile?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    At least would have suffocated in a really badass car, not a buick or oldsmobile?
    Ha true.
    Last weekend in the sno park everyone was raving about their lil mr buddy heaters in their #vanlife rigs.
    I may just keep using the -20 bag and call it good since I'm paranoid about CO emissions.
    Anything to avoid 4.5 hrs to crystal at this point.