Page 205 of 508 FirstFirst ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 12695
    the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Sick Winnie. I've seen a handful of Travatos on the road lately. Things are sweet.
    Travatos are great for an off the shelf sleeps 4 design. Front wheel drive plus some nice chains does ok when it gets dicey, the clearance really sucks though due to the generator being hung underneath. Beware the earlier models with water lines routed external underneath the van... not a good solution for 4 season use unless you plan to roll winterized, dry

Interesting on the water lines. I wonder what did with the Revel? You'd think on the 4WD camper they'd make it more winter proof.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Since the Revel was announced after the model year where the lines were brought inside on the travato (2017.5) I'd be very surprised if they weren't also internal. Plus the Revel does not have a black tank, its a cassette toilet. One less piece of plumbing external, underneath. The other oddity to think about for winter travato use... the shower pan sits a teeny bit lower than the gray water tank, so winnebago had to add a pump. The water that collects in the drain pipe connection to the tank is exposed to elements underneath the van. Simple fix is just to not use shower on winter trips and pour a little antifreeze down drain for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Any exterior shots of the snowblower?
    Yes. Unfortunately no interior shots, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    https://www.awolrigs.com/vans-for-sale
    just going to leave that there. Not mine, don't know them, etc. but it makes my junk wiggle. just ignore the price
    May not sell at that price, but it does look beautifully done.

Good info, chaka. We still have a tent trailer for family camping for awhile, but maybe down the road. Someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

anyone here made it work with a dog? I'd like to be able to drive up to the mountains on saturday, stay overnight, and drive home sunday night, so I don't have to deal with i-70 traffic 4 times to ski two days. doggie daycare is $40 a day, and I don't have roommates etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    anyone here made it work with a dog? I'd like to be able to drive up to the mountains on saturday, stay overnight, and drive home sunday night, so I don't have to deal with i-70 traffic 4 times to ski two days. doggie daycare is $40 a day, and I don't have roommates etc.
    It's camping. Do you take your dog camping?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Vans are the millennial mortgage bubble. The first hint of a recession and a lot of people are going to be left with boat anchor 15 year plus car loans.
    Man, you're not kidding. For every person driving a van they actually own, there must be 10 people financed to the gills to be living that sweet van life.

With that said... if somebody can afford it, go for it. Built-up vans are fucking cool!

When I retire in 5 or so years, I’m looking forward to scooping up a primo van for about 30 cents on the dollar. Bueno!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    When I retire in 5 or so years, I’m looking forward to scooping up a primo van for about 30 cents on the dollar. Bueno!
    Us too! Much like boats, these vans are some seriously depreciating assets. The vulture in me is starting to circle.

This thread is about staying in RVs in parking lots. Dog stays in heated RV while owner is out skiing or boarding.

Like this:?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2681.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	294527

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    This thread is about staying in RVs in parking lots. Dog stays in heated RV while owner is out skiing or boarding.
    Not all of us are in RVs with heat you can leave running when you're out and about.

I do this sometimes without a heated RV, but you've got to be flexible. Don't do it when the high is going to be 5F, don't do it at places you can't get back to the car pretty quickly. The only places it can work in the front range IMHO are Abasin, Loveland and Mary Jane. Copper can work if you pay for parking at the bottom of Alpine chair. Monarch, Cooper, Powderhorn, Sunshine all work as well.

I bring him up, take him for a walk, get him setup with a his jacket and a bunch of blankets (he's pretty good in the cold, as he regularly bc skis with me). I go down to check on him every couple hours and hang out/walk for a bit. The car will stay pretty warm if it is sunny. Cold stormy weekends are harder.

Nice to have him at night as he's a little heater. Even easier when the fiance comes up as she sleeps in, and we can switch-off check in sessions.

Ah to be in my twenties again....

Vans are the millennial mortgage bubble. The first hint of a recession and a lot of people are going to be left with boat anchor 15 year plus car loans.
    WHAT???? People are getting 15 year car loans??????? Fuck, like really?

I thought they all paid cash for those sweet sweet vans and overland rigs with Instagram influencer money and youtube income.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post

I thought they all paid cash for those sweet sweet vans and overland rigs with Instagram influencer money and youtube income.
    No, car loans aren't 15 years. 7 years for the morons.

RV loans are 10 to 20 years. That is what they meant, not cars. So yeah you can buy a winnebago with a long term loan. The overland rigs you see generally are built by people with cash or credit. So get back in your cage.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post

In Canada a 15 year old Pleasure Way V8 powered top of the line van goes for $30-$50k Cdn. 20+ year old VW V6 powered Winnebago Rialta vans go for close to $40kCdn. So if today's $100k motor home vans do as well holding their value, then a 15 year loan could be feasible for lender and borrower...just not for me.

Guy I brew for told me his buddy just bought a 2017 class A for $22K. Same guy also bought a 1999 Mercedes coupe for $5K from a drug dealer with only one bullet hole in the trunk.
    watch out for snakes

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Friend is selling their Winnebago. Really nice rv. Not exactly a dirtbag vehicle. https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/r...979220164.html
    That price is 50 percent more than I paid for my first house in Missoula. Real nice RV though, at a reasonable price for today.

#getoffmylawn

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Just found out that a friend is spending some mega coin on a van. The whole thing is financed with several loans. Crazy. I think he’s shirking his college debt payment to get the van. For sure there’s some twisted logic going on there.

Don’t they realize it’s going to be worth nothing but debt paper in just a few years?
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Eh. If you’re living in it then it’s a rent payment. $1,600 a month for a studio in downtown Portland buys you a lot of van on a 20 year note.

Yeah, I get your point.

But buying a $100+K van on credit in an attempt to live in Jackson year round isn’t very smart. Parking is impossible hard to find and the popo love the #vanlife crowd. There was a neighborhood melt down last winter as some dude tried to let his #vanlife buddy crash in his driveway. Neighbors went apeshit.

Doesn’t seem so smart buying a van on a debt note, cutting a bunch of holes in it and trying to live in all while shirking other debt. Kinda silly.

Maybe somewhere else, but not here. I give him until Dec till he’s renting a place *and* paying a note.

I think my original point is that an awful lot of van debt out there.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Yeah, I see your buddy ending up at fireside or something paying a g a month so he can park and shit in a bathhouse this winter.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Yeah, I get your point.

I think my original point is that an awful lot of van debt out there.
    By that logic there is a lot more of mortgage debt than van debt. Does that worry you? Probably not because you are accustomed to property value increases. But do you factor in the 30 year mortgage interest? Not casually I'm sure.