Page 93 of 508 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 12697
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Here you go:
    http://slo.craigslist.org/rvs/5644348382.html

It's a rwd - however perhaps it could be converted?
    Looks pretty clean.
    Damn, that rig looks sweet! Unfortunately I just bought a pickup camper so I can't swing it for that rig... drool...

another local SLC gem...this one at a more realistic "dirtbag" price.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=39939...arch=&ad_cid=8

So what resorts truly allow you to park up for the weekend? It seems like they all have the no over night parking sign everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    another local SLC gem...this one at a more realistic "dirtbag" price.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=39939...arch=&ad_cid=8
    Although it looks nice, I wouldn't touch a Dodge Dakota with a 30 ft pole. Especially that 3.9 magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Although it looks nice, I wouldn't touch a Dodge Dakota with a 30 ft pole. Especially that 3.9 magnum.
    Well, if your gonging to get stranded with the 3.9, wait in comfort.

I'd swap 5.9

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Yeah but that's gotta be pretty wrench friendly for those that know their way around an engine. Still a nice enough rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    So what resorts truly allow you to park up for the weekend? It seems like they all have the no over night parking sign everywhere.
    Big Sky has a seperate lot for RV's, that even has its own lift. (Pony Express parking lot).
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Saw this on the street in central CA. It appears to be a 1983 model. It does NOT have the updated rear axel, so would need that for safety. Otherwise, looked in good shape. I did not see a phone #...?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1467122748.304219.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  373.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Plenty have an RV lot, it's just that they charge you. To the point where if you're skiing the same resort all the time, it seems like a better value to get a seasonal rental/ski lease than purchase an RV/camper and pay for parking & hookups. But yeah, it can be tough (though by no means impossible) to find free overnight parking if you're just sleeping in a van or the back of your truck.

There are, of course, other reasons why a camper might be an excellent purchase. But that's been my read on grabbing one specifically for hitting a resort.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I never had a problem finding a place to park at or near many mountains this past year, but I had a Subaru which is pretty stealth relative to a RV.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Saw this on the street in central CA. It appears to be a 1983 model. It does NOT have the updated rear axel, so would need that for safety. Otherwise, looked in good shape. I did not see a phone #...?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1467122748.304219.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  373.7 KB
    my dad has had two of these. the second one has been rusting out on his property for more than a decade. he was going to give it to me and took it in to toyota and they said the frame and a bunch of other things were rusted out so bad it wasn't safe to drive and would cost well more than it's worth to fix it. it's too bad. it was perfect for what i wanted to do. he's getting ready to get it hauled off in the next couple weeks. it's hard for me to believe that somebody with the requisite time, skills and funds couldn't do something but he's sick of the whole thing. i told him i'd try to get something for it.

Wyeaster, I have seen a number of those old coaches transplanted onto newer chassis.
    I wonder if that is worth considering if the rest of it is in reasonable condition?

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Plenty have an RV lot, it's just that they charge you. To the point where if you're skiing the same resort all the time, it seems like a better value to get a seasonal rental/ski lease than purchase an RV/camper and pay for parking & hookups. But yeah, it can be tough (though by no means impossible) to find free overnight parking if you're just sleeping in a van or the back of your truck.

There are, of course, other reasons why a camper might be an excellent purchase. But that's been my read on grabbing one specifically for hitting a resort.
    I have a Lance 915 on a F350, I live in Norcal and most if not all CA resorts wont allow any overnight camping. It would be a fun road trip to link a bunch of resorts together that allow RV parking.

You say plenty but so far Big Sky is all I know of. What other resorts allow white trash to congregate in their parking lot?

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Schweitzer allows RVs overnight in their lower lot, no charge. They even have a dumpster and a portapotty in the lot.

Edit: not the lot down by the railroad tracks; the lot right beneath the village. I've camped there a few times.

Both Whistler and Snowbasin have a spot for overnight parking. PM me for details.
    Whitewater is supposed to be friendly. Stevens has a paid lot, but I parked for free. Walmart in SLC. Also have places in Aspen, Sun Valley, Silverton and CB. Too many lurkers here, but will gladly share.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Both Whistler and Snowbasin have a spot for overnight parking. PM me for details.
    Whitewater is supposed to be friendly. Stevens has a paid lot, but I parked for free. Walmart in SLC. Also have places in Aspen, Sun Valley, Silverton and CB. Too many lurkers here, but will gladly share.
    Also Alpental and Crystal (paid), and I hear Baker is camper friendly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Wyeaster, I have seen a number of those old coaches transplanted onto newer chassis.
    I wonder if that is worth considering if the rest of it is in reasonable condition?
    i've mentioned it to him before but i think he's out of patience with the whole thing. i just got him to give me at least a couple weeks to come up with a plan. unfortunately, none of them involve fixing it and driving it away soon. maybe i'll bargain with him -- i finally let go of my worse rusting westy and get it off his property in exchange for a another couple years with the sunrader. the fiberglass camper would have to be gutted at least as all the fabric and rubber have molded and mildewed. it would be a fun project to do with the kid.

Mine is getting a 'new' engine this week. The years of amateur driveway maintenance finally got me back.
    But it is looking pretty.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1467181302.752174.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	184457

just popping up all over SLC classifieds these days...

Another local gem. This is dirtbag in STYLE...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=40428...arch=&ad_cid=3

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i've mentioned it to him before but i think he's out of patience with the whole thing. i just got him to give me at least a couple weeks to come up with a plan. unfortunately, none of them involve fixing it and driving it away soon. maybe i'll bargain with him -- i finally let go of my worse rusting westy and get it off his property in exchange for a another couple years with the sunrader. the fiberglass camper would have to be gutted at least as all the fabric and rubber have molded and mildewed. it would be a fun project to do with the kid.
    Woah. sounds like a pretty big job just on the RV part alone. You could probably buy one that has actually survived by working for extra money in less time, fewer hours, than it would take to fix. That said, I can't help but picture the coach on the back of a Fuso 4x4.

yeah it's probably a pipedream.

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    oh wow, how cool is that friggin thing. Off road camping? Sure! Daily driver? Oh hells yeah.

I lived with a friend who had a pinz at the house. I wouldn't DD it but that one is awesome

Hey Denver folks! This looks like a solid rig

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5660247540.html