Page 70 of 510 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 12727
    [QUOTE=El Chupacabra;4407769]But did you notice that the van is a 5

Sporty factor +1.. That'd be freaky...But you can get used to anything. Shifting a 5-speed while driving on the left side of the road meant brain engaged 100% of the time...not a bad thing. And a deterrent to drinking.

That's a rad little set up, love the barrel on the roof.
    Is there a way you could attach a small vestibule for boots off/on to keep the inside dry and warm when it's puking out?

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Sporty factor +1.. That'd be freaky...But you can get used to anything. Shifting a 5-speed while driving on the left side of the road meant brain engaged 100% of the time...not a bad thing.
    Or vice versa.

But apparently it has been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

And while drunk a couple times
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

That's bad ass .....
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie View Post
    That's the ticket...

Inflateble hot tub? Imagine setting it up in the morning and getting back to it in the parking lot. I'd outclass al ya big RV type.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_lives View Post
    Sure that's realistic.That is why its been for sale for ages at the special low price
    What is it that you mean, exactly?

Northeast Update - January 2015:

We did not get harassed overnight parking in our Chinook Concourse at the following Ski Area Parking lots. Keep in mind when we heard the plows at 4:30/5am, I got up and moved out of their way:
    Mont Tremblant (back corner of Lot #6)
    Le Massif de Charlevoix (welcomed)
    Sugarloaf (Lot C - near the Hotel stairs, lots of overnight vehicles there avoiding the Valet)
    Snowshoe, WV (never have had a problem there)

Cheers,
    Bill

Sleeping in "natures parking lot"..........We just sold the fifth wheel we've been living in for the past 18 months and will be living back in northern climates starting this summer, so this rig will get some winter use next year.

Trackhead...that is awesome. Feel free to do a winding and long-ish writeup on your experiences! Will prolly pull a trigger on a
    retarded project* this coming spring and this thread has been a interesting read.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Excellent! What's the name of that ladder you have out the back of the camper? That looks like a nice set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Sleeping in "natures parking lot"..........We just sold the fifth wheel we've been living in for the past 18 months and will be living back in northern climates starting this summer, so this rig will get some winter use next year.

All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    Excellent! What's the name of that ladder you have out the back of the camper? That looks like a nice set up.
    Not sure, came with it.

I heard deer valley is super posh. They unload your skis... can I get them to inflate my mattress?

First Post, Long Time Follower

I've been reading this thread for quite some time as I'm interested in winter camping. I'm very impressed with the efforts all on this board are willing to go in order to get to the slopes. This is my first post. My wife, dog, and I are heading up to Salt Lake, and then hopefully Jackson in early March. I have a 39' diesel pusher and tow a Jeep TJ or Ford Explorer. What are the prospects of me parking in the Jackson Hole parking lot for three nights? My rig is ready for winter. I have chains for both axles, dual pane windows, heated tanks. We've stayed in PC and Draper, that's easy. But we'd really like to ski Jackson Hole but haven't found any winter campsites.
    Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Josefz View Post
    I've been reading this thread for quite some time as I'm interested in winter camping. I'm very impressed with the efforts all on this board are willing to go in order to get to the slopes. This is my first post. My wife, dog, and I are heading up to Salt Lake, and then hopefully Jackson in early March. I have a 39' diesel pusher and tow a Jeep TJ or Ford Explorer. What are the prospects of me parking in the Jackson Hole parking lot for three nights? My rig is ready for winter. I have chains for both axles, dual pane windows, heated tanks. We've stayed in PC and Draper, that's easy. But we'd really like to ski Jackson Hole but haven't found any winter campsites.
    Any thoughts?

Welcome, start here.

Thanks much.

Something new from Honda....

That Honda page leads to another interesting link at the Japan auto-rv show.Lots of cool stuff that we never see here.http://japan-rv.jp/exhibition/car/
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    They really can't compare to the Thule and Yakima offerings.
    Quoted for truth - thanks again for packasport rec - it is so nice having a bomber connection structurally on the roof. The Thule frontier I had seemed to always be one rogue wind blast away from flight school.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    This would be awesome if it was remotely possible I could learn to drive on passenger side.
    Paging pnw brit
    http://victoria.craigslist.ca/rvs/4851676171.html
    How is this still on the market??? 25 year rule gives EPA blessing. Tempted to sell the Subie!

I have been waiting a long long time to be able to post in this thread.

Picked up a 2005 Dodge Power Wagon this spring (12k winch, lockers, disconnecting sway-bar, rock sliders), etc, this spring as phase 1. Truck is unstoppable. Other than the shitty gas mileage (I ride bikes to work, so it's not driven daily), and the less awesome interior build quality (as compared to the T100 is replaces), I am in love this thing. It was even set up for a camper with an adjustable tie down system and airbags when I got it. Picked it up from an older gentleman who bought it as a retirement gift to himself, and he took really excellent care of it. He changed the oil/diff fluids, and filled it up with gas prior to me picking it up!

Thought it would be another year until I found the right camper for Phase 2.... Then one fell in my lap locally this summer. We didn't really have much to spend, and so we were just kinda in saving mode.. Mid '90s Palomino in (generally) good shape. Picked it up for a song and started the resto over the winter. The wife and I redid both the interior, and exterior, and for a ~20 year old camper, the thing is pretty sweet. Especially given our needs/use/budget.

New upholstery, made some changes to the seating/storage, painted the interior, rhino lined the counters, memory foam mattress cover to replace what was in there, shaved most of the exterior lights, re sealed all the seams, replaced a couple soft/rotten boards in the roof, sand and paint, LED lights and some electrical work inside. The canvas was in really good shape, and looks "new" after cleaning it, and we didn't need to touch it otherwise. The only thing not working currently is the fridge, and I haven't tried to figure out if its DOA, or not. Given the short trips and climates that we will be frequenting, not a huge deal, either. I know nothing about electric/gas, so going to have to have someone help me with that one.

This thing is going to be one sweet go anywhere hunting/biking/skiing rig. Looking forward to getting to Jackson in March, Sedona in April, maybe the Darkhorse Super D this summer, and using it as a base camp in 54 this fall during elk season.

Hitting the road tomorrow for Moab, SLC, Reno, and CA to break it in. Going to see the sister as she is leaving the country for a year. Planning on bringing the MTB's and its going to try to get some riding in on the way.

So stoked!!

Quote Originally Posted by backcountry1pr View Post
    I have been waiting a long long time to be able to post in this thread.

Picked up a 2005 Dodge Power Wagon this spring (12k winch, lockers, disconnecting sway-bar, rock sliders), etc, this spring as phase 1. Truck is unstoppable. Other than the shitty gas mileage (I ride bikes to work, so it's not driven daily), and the less awesome interior build quality (as compared to the T100 is replaces), I am in love this thing. It was even set up for a camper with an adjustable tie down system and airbags when I got it. Picked it up from an older gentleman who bought it as a retirement gift to himself, and he took really excellent care of it. He changed the oil/diff fluids, and filled it up with gas prior to me picking it up!

Thought it would be another year until I found the right camper for Phase 2.... Then one fell in my lap locally this summer. We didn't really have much to spend, and so we were just kinda in saving mode.. Mid '90s Palomino in (generally) good shape. Picked it up for a song and started the resto over the winter. The wife and I redid both the interior, and exterior, and for a ~20 year old camper, the thing is pretty sweet. Especially given our needs/use/budget.

New upholstery, made some changes to the seating/storage, painted the interior, rhino lined the counters, memory foam mattress cover to replace what was in there, shaved most of the exterior lights, re sealed all the seams, replaced a couple soft/rotten boards in the roof, sand and paint, LED lights and some electrical work inside. The canvas was in really good shape, and looks "new" after cleaning it, and we didn't need to touch it otherwise. The only thing not working currently is the fridge, and I haven't tried to figure out if its DOA, or not. Given the short trips and climates that we will be frequenting, not a huge deal, either. I know nothing about electric/gas, so going to have to have someone help me with that one.

This thing is going to be one sweet go anywhere hunting/biking/skiing rig. Looking forward to getting to Jackson in March, Sedona in April, maybe the Darkhorse Super D this summer, and using it as a base camp in 54 this fall during elk season.

Hitting the road tomorrow for Moab, SLC, Reno, and CA to break it in. Going to see the sister as she is leaving the country for a year. Planning on bringing the MTB's and its going to try to get some riding in on the way.

So stoked!!

A memory foam mattress cover will freeze solid in below freezing temps and will need to be thawed out before use.