Page 69 of 510 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 12727
    Mine also a $200 Craigslist find, the narrow one at57 lbs.

Mine ends up being 1" to wide for my racks at 31" wide - have to do some mcgyvering to make it work.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

bought my packasport 90 a few years back on CL for $150 because it was scratched and needed a seal and a lock. Both of which can be had from Packasport for cheap. I'd still like to have a 120 tho. If anyone wants to trade their 120 for my 90 let me know!

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

:drool: but it needs a 7.3 IMO

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    :drool: but it needs a 7.3 IMO
    sure would be nicer with the 7.3 diesel powerplant, but damn that things SEXY as hell....

I still have a Chinook for sale at a negotiable price, but even at my asking you can add 4X4 and still pocket 15K.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...0-(Bozeman-MT)

EDIT: SOLD
    Last edited by boltonoutlaw; 02-11-2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: SOLD

I'd love an RV but I've got a couple hang ups. One, the MPGs on most of these is so poor that the money savings vs. motels on longer trips is gone. Two, the money you pay for the RV component of the vehicle over the vehicle its self is excessive. Three, I really don't want to deal with holding tanks in the winter and my wife wants a shitter.

I really just want an AWD chevy full size with a hi-top and I'll just camp inside of it.

And I just have a thing for the OBS fords, but I already have one in the driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    sure would be nicer with the 7.3 diesel powerplant, but damn that things SEXY as hell....
    Sexy?
    How far do you think you will get in 4wd with that 30 ft whale?
    The truck is worth around $9k if the mileage isnt a lie.
    You want to pay $43k for a 20 year old leaky smelly beat up velour interior?

Get a Sprinter
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

[QUOTE=Foggy_Goggles;4404374]I'd love an RV but I've got a couple hang ups. One, the MPGs on most of these is so poor that the money savings vs. motels on longer trips is gone. Two, the money you pay for the RV component of the vehicle over the vehicle its self is excessive. Three, I really don't want to deal with holding tanks in the winter and my wife wants a shitter.

I really just want an AWD chevy full size with a hi

We have a 8-6 truck camper on a $10,000 2004 F-250 crew cab (plain jane with hose out vinyl floor, no power anything to fix)...Bought the camper for $1800 a few years ago and it's doing well. A little soft in the corners so it stays on the truck but for the price it's essentially disposable. Heats up in a few minutes with the forced air propane and a portable Coleman for backup. Stove and oven work awesome.

The head is used...but only for pissing...no crapping allowed. Just pour some antifreeze in every now and again to keep it from freezing solid. Has worked great for 3 winters now. When we're skiing the area we park at a forest service trailhead a mile from the ski area and use the vault toilet for crapping or just wait till morning when we move to the ski area.

We store skis, spare propane tank, tools, etc in the back seat of the crew cab. Mileage isn't great but being able to stop and sleep/cook where and when we want is almost priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Nice looking rig...
    Are you still messing around with tracks these days or did you bail on that?
    Haven't seen any Sammi stoke in a while (maybe I missed it?).
    What's with the ratchet strap across the back? Door come open when the rig flexes sometimes? Had that happen to us a few times. moving from the trailhead to the ski area one morning as the wife was still in the bunk...heading up I-70 with the door flapping in the breeze...definitely work her up...

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I'd love an RV but I've got a couple hang ups. One, the MPGs on most of these is so poor that the money savings vs. motels on longer trips is gone. Two, the money you pay for the RV component of the vehicle over the vehicle its self is excessive. Three, I really don't want to deal with holding tanks in the winter and my wife wants a shitter.

I really just want an AWD chevy full size with a hi-top and I'll just camp inside of it.
    This is what I did except with a pop-top from Colorado camper van. I can do 8 passengers with skis or take out the seats and throw in a bunch of camping gear (including porta potty) and hit the road for a multiweek road trip. Getting an honest 17-18 mpg as a daily driver too.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    I still have a Chinook for sale at a negotiable price, but even at my asking you can add 4X4 and still pocket 15K.

I have 15k cash burning a hole in my pocket for a company vehicle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post

Bolton outlaw, correct me if i'm wrong: I could buy your rig, spend 10K on 4wd conversion, and then sell it and make $15K over my total cost? If that's the case, unless a mag wants it, I might just buy it and sell it. Let me know if that is actually realistic.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Bolton outlaw, correct me if i'm wrong: I could buy your rig, spend 10K on 4wd conversion, and then sell it and make $15K over my total cost? If that's the case, unless a mag wants it, I might just buy it and sell it. Let me know if that is actually realistic.
    Mark
    Mark: The quotes I got for a 4X4 conversion were 10-12K and these were from high-end outfits like Quadvan. A skilled backyard mechanic could do it for less (or more, depending on what you want to put into it). You would end up with a rig akin to the Chinook Baja which retailed new at $150K. The only Baja (stock production models are rare) that I can find on the market currently is listed for $59K.

I wonder how much of a difference it would make in price because that thing only has 13 thousand miles on it?

This is something I would seriously consider if I could make good pie back after the investment

This would be awesome if it was remotely possible I could learn to drive on passenger side.
    Paging pnw brit
    http://victoria.craigslist.ca/rvs/4851676171.html

it'd be worth learning.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    This would be awesome if it was remotely possible I could learn to drive on passenger side.
    Paging pnw brit
    It would be great if these could be imported to the US, especially the newer ones, but they cant
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Mark
    Sure that's realistic.That is why its been for sale for ages at the special low price

Piece of cake driving on the passenger side

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Paging pnw brit
    Piece of cake driving on the passenger side...just need to keep the brain engaged...I did a long day with a rented 5 speed in the UK awhile back...pedals were in the same places...but shifting with the left hand...and remembering to merge into the left lane when turning our rounding roundabouts...that was the freaky part...was loads of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Piece of cake driving on the passenger side...just need to keep the brain engaged...I did a long day with a rented 5 speed in the UK awhile back...pedals were in the same places...but shifting with the left hand...and remembering to merge into the left lane when turning our rounding roundabouts...that was the freaky part...was loads of fun.
    But did you notice that the van is a 5-speed manual on the column? Adding to the weirdness....
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Ya, I tried it in the UK for about 10 minutes and brought the car back. No way I would have survived 2 wks.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    But did you notice that the van is a 5-speed manual on the column? Adding to the weirdness....
    5 on the tree - that ain't gonna help either