Page 61 of 510 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    I picked this up last week. Will be converting it to 4wd and building out the interior. I won't have a chance to work on the interior for at least a few months though.

Whaaaaaa……. that thing is really nice. What a great platform for a sweet rig. Keep us up on the mods.

^That has some great potential, can't wait for updates.

These are really cool too
    http://www.outsidevan.com

Will do. I had been looking for something for awhile, and had quit actively looking because everything was too pricy, or had a zillion miles on it. This rig is a 97 F-450 with 22k original miles. Clean title, runs like brand new. Pretty pumped on it.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Saw this and am heading out of the country tomorrow so won't be able to investigate, she's old, but cheap! http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/cto/4482073769.html

Got our Airstream back from being remodeled in Missoula a couple weeks ago. Been taking it out every weekend. The guys at Blue Moon did a great job fixing up the 1960 Caravell (California edition). We had them gut the entire thing, reinforce the frame, add a 2" trailer hitch, and construct a new layout. Inside has original stove, new propane fridge, 25 gal water tanks, insti-hot water heater, outside shower, propane heater, stereo, composite sink, stainless steel countertop, all wood is hickory, Queen size bed, and front dinette turns into second bed. We put in the "paper floor" and made the cushions ourselves. Has great ground clearance for taking it up forest roads. Here we are on the way up to Twin Lakes in the Beaverheads....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140629_113858697_HDR.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	156665

Name:	IMG_20140628_184654795_HDR.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	156666

Name:	IMG_20140620_094218653_HDR.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	787.7 KB 
ID:	156668

Name:	IMG_20140620_094206624_HDR.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	791.9 KB 
ID:	156669

Name:	IMG_20140630_103659463_HDR.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	156667

Nice remodeling -
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Old Airstreams are pretty cool. I've got an uncle who has an old Bambi sitting in a field, rear window missing, just getting trashed by bugs, birds, and rain. He won't sell it to me because "he's gonna fix it up one day." He's 75.

I currently have access to a welder, and a good friend that used to be a welder for 15 years, so I've decided to start working on my bus now and I'll take it to get converted to 4WD in a few weeks. It's coming along nicely so far.

I've insulated and installed mounts to lift the back of the bed to the ceiling while traveling and hanging out in the evenings. I'll get some pictures of that soon.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Scrubadub,

That is delightful. I thought the Airstreams had the production number of the unit displayed on the front of the trailer. Only on certain models? We are purchasing one of these http://escapetrailer.com/trailers/the-17-foot-escape/ for a PNW road trip this coming winter but I find the interior design unimaginative although the water and electrical systems are adequate for winter use. Don't have the skills to do the remodel many of those on this thread display.

Full time home for one year now.............

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Full time home for one year now.............
    Hows that working with the little one? He's small enough still that space likely isnt and issue, and not in school yet right? Looks kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Hows that working with the little one? He's small enough still that space likely isnt and issue, and not in school yet right? Looks kinda fun.
    Works great. He's not in school yet, might home school for the Kindergarten or 1st grade, just depends on how we feel about it when the time comes. I don't miss living in a house at all. Living in 400 or so square feet isn't as bad as it sounds. Tons of free time, no lawn work, home is where you park it.

Home-ownership is way fucking over-rated, at least when your making payments to the bank. We'll move home in a few years, when the house is paid off.

Works great. He's not in school yet, might home school for the Kindergarten or 1st grade, just depends on how we feel about it when the time comes. I don't miss living in a house at all. Living in 400 or so square feet isn't as bad as it sounds. Tons of free time, no lawn work, home is where you park it.

Home-ownership is way fucking over-rated, at least when your making payments to the bank. We'll move home in a few years, when the house is paid off.
    Looks like you have a million dollar view.

Haven't read this entire thread so this may have been covered many times. Seems like a cool rig.

Sold the old FWC Hawk, ordered a new one w/front dinette, etc. Pick up in Sept

Red face Get any skiing in?

Did you do a little travel nursing last year? Lord knows you would make more than nursing in Utah.
    carpe diem vita brevis

Quote Originally Posted by yabyum View Post
    Did you do a little travel nursing last year? Lord knows you would make more than nursing in Utah.
    Yes, for the last year now. Probably doing this for 2-3 more. We'll see. No skiing last year, avoided winter. Avoiding winter again, plenty of other things to do. Might take a spring assignment near the mountains.

^^^ This is the mrs. and I's dream. were both RN's with a nine month old, and would love to spend a year or two or three travel nursing. Mind if I pick your brain at some point about this? The camper seems the way to go. Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    ^^^ This is the mrs. and I's dream. were both RN's with a nine month old, and would love to spend a year or two or three travel nursing. Mind if I pick your brain at some point about this? The camper seems the way to go. Awesome!!
    Might as well start right now.........no reason to wait.

Might as well start right now.........no reason to wait.
    Hmm there's some WM quote that this reminds me of.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	157191Just moved to Seattle, purchased a forest river RPod to access some of the ski resort lots this winter. Seems pretty dope thus far, need to make some modifications to make sure it is winter/freeze proof.

Heres a a pic from stevens pass today....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	157187
    Last edited by HowNowBrownPow; 08-03-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Congrats, and welcome! Camper skiing is the bomb out here. Hope to see you out.

a friend is selling her Sportsmobile to fund her recovery from a badly healing broken leg. Trying to get details, she's going to want something in the 30 thousand+ range. Will post more details when I get them, if anyone is interested.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not a ski RV, but I'm selling my pop-up camper, cheap (asking $1500 on craigslist). It's a 20 year old camper, but is in good shape for its age. PM if interested. Posting in gear swap too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Here's a nice little "motorhome." for sale on craigslist: http://rockies.craigslist.org/rvs/4683936755.html
    Don't ask.... Don't tele