Page 3 of 508 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwaffles989 View Post
    I bought this beauty yesterday for $400. There's two beds and a table that turns into a bed. The stove works. No heater, but I'm gonna get one of the Mr. Heater things. I'm gonna haul her up to the mountains this weekend and just ditch it for the winter. Use it as a ski-in/ski-out cabin. I'm gonna have to reinforce the roof somehow for the snow load.
    Radness.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

I'll post multiple trip reports
    The furthur we go, the stranger it gets...

I'll post multiple trip reports
    I cannot wait!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Wow. can't wait.

whats the over/under he McCandless's himself in that thing this winter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Fuuuuck....this thread makes me want to up and sell the sooby and the Westy and buy an F250 and get a camper....decisions decisions....

And the below, not mine, but sick as hell

Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Oohhhh, I remember that guy now. Jesus.

Don't worry, his socks are worth more than the trailer.

Still want to see this thing used as dirtbag digs though.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

I bought this beauty yesterday for $400. There's two beds and a table that turns into a bed. The stove works. No heater, but I'm gonna get one of the Mr. Heater things. I'm gonna haul her up to the mountains this weekend and just ditch it for the winter. Use it as a ski-in/ski-out cabin. I'm gonna have to reinforce the roof somehow for the snow load.

Just out of curiosity, are you hauling it with the jeep? How's that working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Here's mine:

1996 Disco

I've seen yours on ExPo or some such place before.

wow! seems everyone is a gypsy to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    I traded up from Blue Velvet to this little beauty.
    Nice!

Blue now has a resealed roof, 1 less old water tank, all sorts of JBweld and Liquid Nails lovin', some cleaned up electrical and is on her way to various other mods. Taco has new ranchos and timbrens...but still 4 cylinders

Mag RV summit dates?

Quote Originally Posted by DAFTC View Post
    Mag RV summit dates?
    I'm down for Montana all of January and February. It would be sweet to do a weekend at Lost Trail. They are super chill there. Bonfires, booze, no worries. I'll be driving to Baker, Whistler, Powder King, then Haines in the end of Feb. if anyone wants to caravan.

Also open to other ski bum RV gatherings...
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

I wish I had the change for this, sweet...

4wd!

.....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

This my setup. Still not well winterized, but can be used in winter, at least a California winter. A junkyard heater is a great idea, but I need to figure out where to put it, and the tank.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

^^^ very nice, did you add the popUP? you should do a 4wd conversion...
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Nice!

Blue now has a resealed roof, 1 less old water tank, all sorts of JBweld and Liquid Nails lovin', some cleaned up electrical and is on her way to various other mods. Taco has new ranchos and timbrens...but still 4 cylinders

Mag RV summit dates?
    Nice! Did you get my e-mail regarding that water tank? It's really nice to be able to store a bunch of water and do dishes. I can also show you a ceap 12v water pump for the sink as well.

Also, I tried to clean up the stereo electric the best I could that morning. The PO really didn't know what he was doing.

I'm down for a pirate land yacht (RRRRRVVVVV) summit.

If you drove this, you'd be home right now!

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    This my setup. Still not well winterized, but can be used in winter, at least a California winter. A junkyard heater is a great idea, but I need to figure out where to put it, and the tank.

You can easily rig an outside propane tank, and install a cheap (read used) RV heater with a thermostat and just vent it outside with some minimal cutting. Do you have power inside? The blower and ignition needs juice.

Helldawg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Yeah, just go to a junkyard and pull an RV furnace out of a wrecked rig. They are all vented units, otherwise people would gas themselves with the fumes.

Check that there are no cracks in the heat exchanger, or else the exhaust will mix with the warm air being circulated in your RV. If you have any doubts, buy a carbon monoxide detector to warn you when are about to die.

Here is my rig. Forced air furnace, stove, oven, sink and water tank (for summer only), twin propane tanks, two RV batteries, and three solar panels. My brother repainted it for me a few years ago, and interior is in great shape. Engine, tranny and power steering leak like sieves, but I'll probably re-do the drivetrain next summer.

Summer shot.

Can get 20 mpg (Imp.) if I drive in the slow lane. Scary as hell in strong cross winds, though.
    What's up uncle Rico?

Nice!

Mag RV summit dates?
    Glad to hear it! And yes, it DEFINITELY needs a disco ball.

I'm in for a summit.

I have been day dreaming about one of these bad boys from outfitter rv in colorado. Fully winterized, insulated canvas maintains 60+ degrees inside at 15 degrees outside, heated tanks, shower, queen plus bunk:

Also, for those looking for heating solutions, you owe it to yourself to check these out:

Olympian Wave Catalytic Safety Heaters

Designed specifically for RVs, Olympian Wave Catalytic Safety Heaters are safe, efficient and dependable.
    Self-generating piezo starter lasts for 20,000 starts. 100% safety shut-off valve prevents non-ignition fuel discharge. Adjustable heat settings. No flame, no flue or chimney, no fan or blower and no noise. Wave Heaters can be used inside an RV as a portable unit (with leg stands) or permanently mounted. Wave Heaters can also be used outdoors as portable units (with optional leg stands, LP cylinder, regulator and hose assembly, all sold separately). Safe for operation at altitudes up to 12,000 feet.
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Some great rigs here! Love the aesthetic that's halfway between Rainbow Family and scary abductor van.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Nice! Did you get my e-mail regarding that water tank?
    Yep, and it was appreciated along with the solar suggestion. Solar and getting the keg setup back online are probably the next two projects when the budget recovers from the suspension parts. And maybe someday redoing the ceiling... Blue cubes should be good enough for water this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'm down for a pirate land yacht (RRRRRVVVVV) summit.

Land pirates makes me think we need dual side-mounted M60s.
    MadMax Nuclear Winter Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post

Yeah, I covet those too. If you're interested, I found one at a dealer in Denver for a ridiculously low price (5500??). It's set up for a long bed though, and a couple grand higher than my budget. I may still have the contact info over there. Let me know if you want it. (I'm an enabler )

Quote Originally Posted by DAFTC
    MadMax Nuclear Winter Summit.
    Yeeeeessss!!

Sounds like you're doing it in style! Is Maddog happy to see her back in the hood?

Just had the solar panel delivered yesterday. Hopefully I can get it all rigged up over the next weekend or two.

BUild your self alittle low angle a frame type snow remover....Alittle plywood and some 2/6's ...attaching it so it can be removed for travel purposes of course......Atleast it will shed rather than pile up.......just a thought ...
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post
    I have been day dreaming about one of these bad boys from outfitter rv in colorado. Fully winterized, insulated canvas maintains 60+ degrees inside at 15 degrees outside, heated tanks, shower, queen plus bunk:

Also, for those looking for heating solutions, you owe it to yourself to check these out:

Olympian Wave Catalytic Safety Heaters

Designed specifically for RVs, Olympian Wave Catalytic Safety Heaters are safe, efficient and dependable.
    Self-generating piezo starter lasts for 20,000 starts. 100% safety shut-off valve prevents non-ignition fuel discharge. Adjustable heat settings. No flame, no flue or chimney, no fan or blower and no noise. Wave Heaters can be used inside an RV as a portable unit (with leg stands) or permanently mounted. Wave Heaters can also be used outdoors as portable units (with optional leg stands, LP cylinder, regulator and hose assembly, all sold separately). Safe for operation at altitudes up to 12,000 feet.
    There are several variations of that type heat available, but the problem with them for deep winter use is the moisture they release. With a vented heater there is much less moisture build up and therefore less condensation which can be a real problem with winter Rving.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

2000 Four Wheel Hawk on 1998 F-150 X-cab 4x4. Bought 'em nearly 6 years ago. Furnace, 3-way fridge, stove, arctic liner + Honda EU1000 generator to recharge cabin battery. Kept us toasty down to -15F. Mfr claims good to -40F. Use = ca. 50% trailhead, 30% lift ski area parking lot, 10% NF campground, 10% other.