Page 392 of 510 FirstFirst ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... LastLast
Results 9,776 to 9,800 of 12727
    Not mine and no affiliation. I don't know anything about these campers, but even so, seems too good to be true.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/r...446286019.html

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    This is definitely one of the perks of a minivan, people seem to assume it's a soccer mom car and cut you a lot of slack.
    Agreed on this. Very few people glance twice at a grey minivan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zYM9ZB4.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	801.8 KB 
ID:	406042

Here's the interior of mine currently -- no water pump in the winter to keep from freezing. Just got back from a round trip Denver to Nelson in it where it got 23mpg over the course of the trip with no issues.

Built a middle console that I can quickly pickup and move. Makes front/rear access easier and acts as a little seat when playing cards in the van at night.

Name:	mwHJr6f.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	430.7 KB 
ID:	406040

Name:	Ol5hCJI.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	443.3 KB 
ID:	406044

Name:	cDUThje.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	483.4 KB 
ID:	406043

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Fellas who have used Buddy heaters and Wave 3's.

I have a Wave 3 in my camper now, and it just doesn't put out much heat at all compared to the Buddy Heater's i've used in the past.
    It heats up, it gets hot, but doesn't radiate really anywhere compared to my Big Buddy in the same camper?

I am missing something like this thing?
    The Wave 3 is a catalytic heater and will never put out the same heat but it is safer

Question for the ultra-fastidious types: Do you treat your water prior to filling the tank? Current setup takes tapwater through a fill hose straight into a 30 gal polypropylene tank, out via pump to accumulator to sink. Wife has it in her head that there's a risk of contamination somewhere in the flow described above because of "bacteria in the air" (which exist, but aren't going to spoil your glass of tap water). But as the saying goes, happy wife happy life, so I'm sitting here shopping for effective filtration & treatment systems. The best I've found is an in-line UV system (Acuva arrowtech) to the tune of $400. Anybody else tackle this "issue"? What'd you end up getting?

I don't drink the water out of my fresh water holding tank. Drinking water goes into jugs.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Totally rock on the wood stove.
    Super quiet.
    Save me some time where do I find it for sale. Just like the one in the video I want 2 of them
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I don't drink the water from the camper tank either - use a portable container for that, because it's more easily cleaned with bleach.

I fill the tank with a garden hose from the house, but run it through a Camco in line filter on the way. Trying to minimize gunk or mineral buildup if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Save me some time where do I find it for sale. Just like the one in the video I want 2 of them
    Amazon, like everything.

https://www.amazon.com/Fireplace-Pow...s%2C126&sr=8-9

Cap of bleach in the fresh tank even tho I never drink out of it

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Cap of bleach in the fresh tank even tho I never drink out of it

I usually sanitize the fresh tank in the spring and most of my drinking water goes through a brita jug that lives in the fridge. Never gotten sick but now you all have me thinking about just carrying drinking water separate.

I've been drinking the water from my RV tank for 15 years and have never sanitized it. Flush the hose a little before filling. Where would the bacteria in your wife's imagination come from of you're using safe tap water to fill it?

A few tablespoons of bleach annually will reduce even the imagined risks to zero.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

[QUOTE=climberevan;6546080
    A few tablespoons of bleach annually will reduce even the imagined risks to zero.[/QUOTE]

Plus, youll pass your drug test. Or at least, that's what highschool me believed.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Where would the bacteria in your wife's imagination come from of you're using safe tap water to fill it?

Welcome to my life

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Welcome to my life
    So I’m not the only one.

I don't drain the water tank on the camper between trips, so sometimes there's many gallons sloshing around for weeks until the next trip. And there it sits in the hot sun... something about drinking that doesn't seem right.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I know this doesn't really fit the thread, but saw this in San Diego yesterday and thought it was pretty cool. You don't see too many of these (Cortez) around in this kind of condition.

Name:	IMG_9974.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	406162

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I don't drain the water tank on the camper between trips, so sometimes there's many gallons sloshing around for weeks until the next trip. And there it sits in the hot sun... something about drinking that doesn't seem right.
    Yeah honestly I'm more concerned about this and whatever PCB BPA XYZ plastic derivatives my tank is leaching into the water, than I am something growing in it.

I'm not gonna drink out of that 35yr old plastic tank. Always filtered water from the well in jugs for drinking, cooking, coffee.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

FYI on water

The biggest issue with leaving drinking water in tanks is the bacteria Legionella. Legionella causes Legionaires Disease in high enough concentrations. However, this bacteria generally grows only in warm water (over 75 degrees or so). It also must obviously grow in your water supply to end up in your tank, most commonly in warm surface water like reservoirs, lakes, and streams.

The bacteria is susceptible to bleach, but it does take fairly high concentrations which may make your water taste bad.

The easiest way to prevent is to filter drinking water and not let your holding tank sit at over 75 degrees very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    FYI on water

The biggest issue with leaving drinking water in tanks is the bacteria Legionella. Legionella causes Legionaires Disease in high enough concentrations. However, this bacteria generally grows only in warm water (over 75 degrees or so). It also must obviously grow in your water supply to end up in your tank, most commonly in warm surface water like reservoirs, lakes, and streams.

The bacteria is susceptible to bleach, but it does take fairly high concentrations which may make your water taste bad.

The easiest way to prevent is to filter drinking water and not let your holding tank sit at over 75 degrees very long.
    So, uh, legionnaires is typically a product of a respiratory exposure, not an ingestion. In cases where there was ingestion, aspirating is what typically gets people into trouble. Think the gross old HVAC system at the Elk's hall

So, uh, legionnaires is typically a product of a respiratory exposure, not an ingestion. In cases where there was ingestion, aspirating is what typically gets people into trouble. Think the gross old HVAC system at the Elk's hall
    Falcon is a water nerd he might know what he's talking about Doc

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That's fair, I almost always drain mine on the drive home.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Falcon is a water nerd he might know what he's talking about Doc

I guess muffins impossible, and I'd be eager to hear some case numbers/examples, but I don't hear of many outbreaks that don't involve some water feature, HVAC system, gross nebulizing equipment or other aerosolizing mechanism. But point taken re filtration being the first line of defense

I guess muffins impossible, and I'd be eager to hear some case numbers/examples, but I don't hear of many outbreaks that don't involve some water feature, HVAC system, gross nebulizing equipment or other aerosolizing mechanism. But point taken re filtration being the first line of defense
    I’d prefer muffins if you’re bringing them!

But yeah general infection route is respiratory. Ingestion infection is possible to a lesser extent. But still, showering or just running water through faucet aerators can cause aeration of the bacteria.

It’s a low concern to me in general but still the most likely pathogen to get you in a camper water supply other than mold. I use my tap-filled 5-gal MWC year round including summertime. If it’s been more than 3-4 weeks and the waters been sitting around hot in the van, I’ll refill but I’m not too concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    The Wave 3 is a catalytic heater and will never put out the same heat but it is safer
    I should've done my research. Back to Big Buddy I go. Checks out.