Page 318 of 510 FirstFirst ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 12749
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Fuck it, I’m goin alone. Hopefully I can meet up with some mags and it’ll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Whats the rush? The staycation is all the rage atm. Tetons arent going anywhere

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone setup to sleep in the back of a pickup with a 5.5' bed?

Does it work?

Shopping for new rigs, it's tossup between a king cab with a short bed or a crew with a long bed.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Fuck it, I’m goin alone. Hopefully I can meet up with some mags and it’ll be good.

Do it, I guarantee you won't regret it. If plans change to include the Wasatch somehow you're welcome to crash in our spare bedroom.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post

Does it work?

Shopping for new rigs, it's tossup between a king cab with a short bed or a crew with a long bed.
    I know a couple people who do it.....and they all wish they got an adult sized truck bed.

Does it work?

The reason (IMO) for buying a truck is the bed. Make it as big as possible unless your main plan is to tow. If you've got a short bed truck, I'm not even gonna ask you to help me move.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    If you've got a short bed truck, I'm not even gonna ask you to help me move.
    Honestly that's a bit of a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Do it, I guarantee you won't regret it. If plans change to include the Wasatch somehow you're welcome to crash in our spare bedroom.
    Fkna. Thanks for the offer. Will let you know if I head yer way.

swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    The reason (IMO) for buying a truck is the bed. Make it as big as possible unless your main plan is to tow. If you've got a short bed truck, I'm not even gonna ask you to help me move.
    the only reason I can think of to buy one
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Honestly that's a bit of a selling point.
    yeah but the flip side is owning a truck and still asking people to help you move. at that point you turn in your adult card.

Well that settled it, going to keep looking for something with a 6.5' or longer.

While it would be nice, the crew cabs (or whatever a particular brand calls the 4 doors) isn't critical as I rarely have passengers. Primary function of the back seat is to give dog and some gear space on longer drives. Wish the seats didn't suck in the king cabs.

Irritated with my current rig and just put a new truck payment into it in parts (labor would add a2nd payment) and I can see a few more payments worth of parts needed before next fall.

Well that settled it, going to keep looking for something with a 6.5' or longer.

While it would be nice, the crew cabs (or whatever a particular brand calls the 4 doors) isn't critical as I rarely have passengers. Primary function of the back seat is to give dog and some gear space on longer drives. Wish the seats didn't suck in the king cabs.

Irritated with my current rig and just put a new truck payment into it in parts (labor would add a2nd payment) and I can see a few more payments worth of parts needed before next fall.
    The rear hinged door extended cab trucks (Ram, Tundra, GM) make accessing the back seat nicer than in the suicide door ones (F150).

FWIW, F250/ F350 "short" bed is 6 3/4'. But you should get the 8' bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The rear hinged door extended cab trucks (Ram, Tundra, GM) make accessing the back seat nicer than in the suicide door ones (F150).
    Not 100% with you here. Rear hinged?

Dad's last truck ('00 2500HD) had a great backseat and at 6' I could comfortably sit back there. Pretty sure this had the suicide doors.

His current truck, '14 iirc, has the 4 doors and access sucks. The back seat sucks.

FWIW, F250/ F350 "short" bed is 6 3/4'. But you should get the 8' bed.
    I need to look at Ford more. Currently strongly consider a Titan XD. I don't need the 3/4 ton,but seems a lot easier to get the features I want in the configuration I need if I get one. 8' bed isn't needed for anything in particular. Also having driven one often enough don't want for DD.

Not 100% with you here. Rear hinged?

Dad's last truck ('00 2500HD) had a great backseat and at 6' I could comfortably sit back there. Pretty sure this had the suicide doors.

His current truck, '14 iirc, has the 4 doors and access sucks. The back seat sucks.

I need to look at Ford more. Currently strongly consider a Titan XD. I don't need the 3/4 ton,but seems a lot easier to get the features I want in the configuration I need if I get one. 8' bed isn't needed for anything in particular. Also having driven one often enough don't want for DD.
    Sorry, front hinged, like a regular front door.

The Titan XD is kind of disappointing. It should be better than it is - it's just not really competitive on any level, where ideally it should be a good alternative to a Tundra. And it's not a real 3/4 ton - carrying capacity is low.

You know how car magazines write glowing reviews of everything they ever test? (Keeping advertisers happy?) The Titan XD was a rare exception.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210523-192757.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	713.0 KB 
ID:	375430

The Titan XD is kind of disappointing. It should be better than it is - it's just not really competitive on any level, where ideally it should be a good alternative to a Tundra. And it's not a real 3/4 ton - carrying capacity is low.

You know how car magazines write glowing reviews of everything they ever test? (Keeping advertisers happy?) The Titan XD was a rare exception.
    With all the covid travel restrictions (can't go to the dealer hotspots) and supply issues I haven't even looked at anything bin person in over a year. I've had 2 nissans and been happy, so they're at the top of the list to look at next week.

Vowed to never own a GM product again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

I'm clueless about RV's and this whole thread, but when this F-550 parked next to me at Mammoth, I thought of you guys in this thread. Makes my Subaru look tiny, and so many lug nuts!

Name:	F-550.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	375431

Name:	F-550wheel.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	375432
    Driven by a couple from Gilroy, CA "The Garlic Capital of the World", hahaha.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

apparently to put on the spare you just remove the middle nuts but you can separate the rims to change the tire itself with the other bolts. unless i'm misunderstanding. tire part starts at 1:00

With all the covid travel restrictions (can't go to the dealer hotspots) and supply issues I haven't even looked at anything bin person in over a year. I've had 2 nissans and been happy, so they're at the top of the list to look at next week.

Vowed to never own a GM product again.
    COVID time has been better for test driving - dealer sales people give you the keys and let you drive alone.

I googled to see if I could find the scathing reviews I remembered.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...m-test-review/

We had an Xterra for 8 years. It was reliable.

COVID time has been better for test driving - dealer sales people give you the keys and let you drive alone.

I googled to see if I could find the scathing reviews I remembered.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...m-test-review/

We had an Xterra for 8 years. It was reliable.

Going in year 10 with the Xterra right now, been very reliable. We use too much salt in winter and mag chloride in the summer, not the trucks fault.

Btw your review is 5 years and at least one design spring ago.

Name:	19AB57F2-09BC-4569-923A-BAC3DAF8B225.jpeg 
Views:	188 
Size:	1,021.6 KB 
ID:	375626
    ….

would luv to see the inside of that
    embrace the gape
    and believe

With lumber prices where they are that is a $100k rig now

Boardski, Imagine a shed with a corrugated tin roof, only with more light coming thru cracks between wall planks.

Name:	DCA01C9D-D6EC-4409-883A-DFA4BE77BE25.jpeg 
Views:	131 
Size:	679.5 KB 
ID:	375630

Putting aside the overloaded taco issues, I think it’s cool that so many people these days are building / converting mobile living spaces.

Going in year 10 with the Xterra right now, been very reliable. We use too much salt in winter and mag chloride in the summer, not the trucks fault.

Btw your review is 5 years and at least one design spring ago.
    If you are fixated on buying a Nissan product, have at it.

My sister was determined to replace her old XJ Cherokee with another Jeep product because the XJ lasted her 20+ years. It took awhile before she realized that current Jeep product was not the same, despite their designers making things like the Commander and Patriot look vaguely like a real Cherokee.

If you are fixated on buying a Nissan product, have at it.

My sister was determined to replace her old XJ Cherokee with another Jeep product because the XJ lasted her 20+ years. It took awhile before she realized that current Jeep product was not the same, despite their designers making things like the Commander and Patriot look vaguely like a real Cherokee.
    straight 6 for the win...1996? 1999? 2 fantastic years for the cherokee. I still look from time to time for a cherry one...could use a homedepot getting, dog carrier, plow truck.