Page 316 of 510 FirstFirst ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    55 mph the whole way? You don’t have to worry about your engine getting blown up so much is getting your ass run over on the fucking highway.
    nah mane, i'm good for a solid 85 on the interstate.
    swing your fucking sword.

yeah, so we won't be doing 55 the whole way. i'd just like to leave at 6am on the 8th and be in jackson around 12pm on the 9th, 36 hours later and 2100 odd miles away.

oh yeah, i forgot about the time difference too. so that would be 10am jackson time.
    google maps says 30hrs and 1987 miles if i take I-80.

about time; if it's glitch free ford is gonna stomp the market
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    yeah, so we won't be doing 55 the whole way. i'd just like to leave at 6am on the 8th and be in jackson around 12pm on the 9th, 36 hours later and 2100 odd miles away.
    Kind of defeats the purpose of a roadtrip imho. Drive the back roads, stay off the interstates, cruise slow, stop in small towns, check out whatever weird random shit is along the route.
    But if you just want to get to Jackson go for it, probably doable even if not enjoyable.

Sometimes you just gotta go. Pretty sure an ex and I averaged 50-55 from Seattle to Tennessee including sleeping time.

Bit of a musty smell in my camper. Can anyone recommend a product that worked well for them? Sister said "stink bomb" but reviews were mixed

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

oh yeah, i forgot about the time difference too. so that would be 10am jackson time.
    google maps says 30hrs and 1987 miles if i take I-80.
    I did 2000 miles in 36 hours solo. It sucked. But it's do-able. It'll suck significantly less if you have a decent sleeping nest in the back so you can switch off and get real sleep (i.e. not sitting half upright).

I kinda addressed this in the discussion around the Tesla Cybertruck, but until battery tech takes a huge leap fwd in energy density we (the peeps looking at slide in campers, towed campers, or vans) are not gonna be satisfied with the BEV solutions. That F150 lightning with a nominal 300 mile range (at slowish hiway speeds) will have 100 ish range towing a decent size trailer at say 70 mph. Car&Driver is trying to communicate this sad reality to the masses.

Since most F150s are used by Texans the same way someone in Oregon or Vermont uses a Honda Accord, I’m stoked to see the e version, but for doing truck things in the context of this thread it’s not much use. Nor is the e Transit.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I kinda addressed this in the discussion around the Tesla Cybertruck, but until battery tech takes a huge leap fwd in energy density we (the peeps looking at slide in campers, towed campers, or vans) are not gonna be satisfied with the BEV solutions. That F150 lightning with a nominal 300 mile range (at slowish hiway speeds) will have 100 ish range towing a decent size trailer at say 70 mph. Car&Driver is trying to communicate this sad reality to the masses.

Since most F150s are used by Texans the same way someone in Oregon or Vermont uses a Honda Accord, I’m stoked to see the e version, but for doing truck things in the context of this thread it’s not much use. Nor is the e Transit.
    Is the transit going to come with an extended pack? Seems like it's designed just for local deliveries with the 150 mile range
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

fuck it looks like i may be driving out there solo and picking my buddy up at the airport

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Gotta start somewhere. Their hybrid-ecoboost configuration is more up my alley right now, but I’m eagerly awaiting a truly long range EV. Current truck will go ~700mi on a tank, and that’s on 35s.

oil leak is not that bad. i'll take some qts oil along for the ride too.
    noted on north platte.
    i figure there will be at least one decent story to come from this.
    Bring a set of wrenches basic tools

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

fuck it looks like i may be driving out there solo and picking my buddy up at the airport
    I think you're safe on your trip, but picking him up at the airport would be too much for your suburban, and I advise against it.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Is the transit going to come with an extended pack? Seems like it's designed just for local deliveries with the 150 mile range
    I don't think so. But think how awesome it will be be to build a camper van off an EV vehicle platform. Induction cooktop, dc fridge, lights, fan, can all run off the house EV battery. Biggest problem is heat. Solve that, and you have an entire electric, fuel-less camper van. Throw solar on top and it is sustainable and self sufficient. Pair it with grinch's ebike and you have the ultimate #vanlife

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Bit of a musty smell in my camper. Can anyone recommend a product that worked well for them? Sister said "stink bomb" but reviews were mixed
    I use this Kanberra Gel on my boats. Tea tree oil based. Pricy but works well...

https://kanberragel.com/collections/...r-kanberra-gel

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I don't think so. But think how awesome it will be be to build a camper van off an EV vehicle platform. Induction cooktop, dc fridge, lights, fan, can all run off the house EV battery. Biggest problem is heat. Solve that, and you have an entire electric, fuel-less camper van. Throw solar on top and it is sustainable and self sufficient. Pair it with grinch's ebike and you have the ultimate #vanlife
    Also, you can have a frunk

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news...k-front-trunk/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That guy can get fucked. Find another friend and do a proper road trip as described above. That's what being your age is all about. You'll have plenty time later in life to do stupid speed runs for stupid reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Bring a set of wrenches basic tools

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    +1. The ~50 dollar harbor freight basic set lives in my truck.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    That guy can get fucked. Find another friend and do a proper road trip as described above. That's what being your age is all about. You'll have plenty time later in life to do stupid speed runs for stupid reasons.
    I really want to say this to him but he kinda has a valid reason. He runs a landscaping/small time construction company and can’t afford to miss the four extra days it would take to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I really want to say this to him but he kinda has a valid reason. He runs a landscaping/small time construction company and can’t afford to miss the four extra days it would take to drive.
    So he's choosing work instead of fun and "doesn't want to put miles on his own truck". Find a new friend. This one will continually disappoint you with his whacked sense of priorities and structured headspace. He sounds like an Achiever, while you seem more Lebowski.

^^love the last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    To the questions about transit van range — yes it’s low, because Ford recognizes that with current battery tech that’s what makes sense to focus on …short delivery trips close to daily charging stations.

Altasnob — when you say ‘Solve that’, the answer is it is solved: there are converted vans from big brands that use radiant floor heat. Hell there are 12V DC aircon systems too. These rigs have large banks of Li ion batteries and a roof covered in solar panels. And the solar panels can kinda keep up to this level of usage in moderate climates with strong sun.

But there’s no way that roof covered in current technology panels can make a dent in your energy needs for the huge drive battery a van would need.

As I’ve said before, even though battery energy density (and solar panel W/m2) is nowhere near to enabling the camper van you and I and the industry are envisioning, it’s cool to get the ball rolling.