Page 314 of 327 FirstFirst ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 8167
    Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Thanks again for the input. Yes my diesel heater/Jackery is an independent system. And it's actually an Audew, not a Jackery (but I didn't want to get in the weeds with details.) The Audew has jumpers on them and exceeds the normal 10A limit that most solar gens have. That was crucial for powering the diesel heater. Perhaps I would still have some juice left to jump start if needed. I am just looking for fail safes on a not totally ideal DC setup. So check me on this: Dual purpose batteries will have the same juice for either slow drain or CCA. The advantage is that if you drain to 50% of the batteries power, you wont do damage to the unit. Whereas, the normal starter battery will suffer damage with repeated drains and recharges. Yes? So, if I were to drain the dual battery 50% or more using my lights/ usb, I may not have the juice to start the truck, but I will not have done damage to the battery once it is recharged? I'm always amazed at the collective knowledge and experience on these forums....

Yes you're correct the dual use will withstand repeated deep discharges and continue to function as a starting battery once it's fully recharged. You should also be aware that the alternator will slowly recharge a drained battery, but it's best for the battery(no matter if it's a starting, dual use or deep cycle) to be recharged as quickly as possible.

You could plug in your devices with your existing setup and measure the drain overnight being prepared to recharge asap to give you an idea if possibly using a bigger than stock starting battery would work. Hopefully you have access to a 12v charger and a voltmeter. It really doesn't sound like you'd be pulling a lot of amps from your description.

Speaking of batteries, just picked up a Fiamma awning with 12v motor for my van on craigslist for $500. The lady was going to throw it away because they don't have a camper anymore and it was in the rafters in the garage. Her dad put it on CL.

damn that's a hard 47k miles.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Had a '78 Dodge campervan just like that. We called it the 'Shit Brown Van'. Lots of great trips out the logging roads to windsurf to Nitnat on the west side of Vancouver Island. It ended up a portable surf shack on the beaches of Haida Gwaii.
    The convection heaters in those old vans were not efficient but they required no electricity and did the job. I wish there was a modern equivalent.

Name:  van.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  45.0 KB[/QUOTE]

what i wanna know is

unless that's just a seat
    Last edited by powdork; 05-18-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Battleborn sells returned and rebuilt batteries on their webpage which can save you a few $$.
    Iím unable to find these on their website, do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by HighWest View Post
    I’m unable to find these on their website, do you have a link?
    Can't find a link, but sent them an email inquiring. I will post when I hear back. This is the contact number. (855) 292-2831 And email. Caitlin Spara support@battlebornbatteries.zendesk.com

Maybe overpriced? Nice truck and camper

https://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs...323411091.html

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    Great concept (single motor) and price (but how much for AWD?), but the vanagon-esque 6.3" of ground clearance is a bit limiting

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Great concept (single motor) and price (but how much for AWD?), but the vanagon-esque 6.3" of ground clearance is a bit limiting
    Yeah...common, 9" makes it so much more useful.

no one buying that will need 9" of clearance.

Can't find a link, but sent them an email inquiring. I will post when I hear back. This is the contact number. (855) 292-2831 And email. Caitlin Spara support@battlebornbatteries.zendesk.com

Brandon Newman (Battle Born Batteries)
    May 18, 2021, 9:03 MST
    We used to sell Blemish batteries, but we have now moved towards only selling these batteries during our Thanksgiving sale.

Feel free to share my contact information with your friend if they would like to discuss what they need for their system.

support@battlebornbatteries.zendesk.com

Thank you,
    Brandon Newman
    855-292-2831
    EXT 131

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    Blow it up to sprinter size, put 160kwH of battery in it, add AWD, and I would gladly trade any first-born children

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Blow it up to sprinter size, put 160kwH of battery in it, add AWD, and I would gladly trade any first-born children
    awd is an option. at least on the pick up I didn't look much at the van but it's the same platform I believe. 6 or 8' bed on the pickup (it's extendable). Buddy just put down a deposit.

Brandon Newman (Battle Born Batteries)
    May 18, 2021, 9:03 MST
    We used to sell Blemish batteries, but we have now moved towards only selling these batteries during our Thanksgiving sale.

Feel free to share my contact information with your friend if they would like to discuss what they need for their system.

support@battlebornbatteries.zendesk.com

Thank you,
    Brandon Newman
    855-292-2831
    EXT 131

Thanks for the follow up. I cheaped out and went with an SOK 100Ah preorder. Hopefully Iíll get somewhere near the performance of the big names...

Quote Originally Posted by HighWest View Post
    Thanks for the follow up. I cheaped out and went with an SOK 100Ah preorder. Hopefully I’ll get somewhere near the performance of the big names...

Looks like a good product according to the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    awd is an option. at least on the pick up I didn't look much at the van but it's the same platform I believe. 6 or 8' bed on the pickup (it's extendable). Buddy just put down a deposit.
    The problem with the van (bigger delivery variant) Is that range is down to like 120 to 180 mi, which is a total deal breaker.

The delivery vehicle variant, MPDV, also has a concept of it outfitted as an "adventure van" so they've clearly thought about it, but the lack of range is a dealbreaker for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.11.15 PM.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	594.8 KB 
ID:	375034
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    no one buying that will need 9" of clearance.
    Some of us who might buy that won't because of lack of clearance.

Source: Have a modern minivan with >9" of clearance.

All three vehicles are built on the same modular electric vehicle platform that Canoo has been developing for a few years. In the largest configuration, with an 80kWh battery pack, the lifestyle van should get around 250 miles of range. Canoo also says it will sell the van in four different trims, including an ďadventureĒ version with more ground clearance and ďa more muscular profile.Ē Exactly who will build the van remains a mystery; Canoo has said it will tap a contract manufacturer, but it has not formally announced one yet.
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/17/2...t-pickup-truck

But in general it seems clearance is one of the details that will be released closer to production.

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    The delivery vehicle variant, MPDV, also has a concept of it outfitted as an "adventure van" so they've clearly thought about it, but the lack of range is a dealbreaker for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.11.15 PM.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	594.8 KB 
ID:	375034
    I count 9 points for GOTOS.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

It seems to me that there is a fairly enormous gap between a design / engineering house drawing up attractive plans for a vehicle and a factory actually producing that vehicle. Not to mention Canoo as a company seems to be a moderate dumpster fire.

But regardless, a camper with a 250 mile range seems fairly useless when the primary purpose of that camper is to go on long trips to places that don't have electricity.