Page 309 of 510 FirstFirst ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Even with outside venting and a heat exchange I would assume a wood stove produces a drier heat than combusting diesel/gas/propane, which all produce water vapor as a byproduct of combustion (the best saunas are wood burning). But the diesel heater is certainly more dry than say a Mr. Buddy heater where the water vapor, and CO, all stay in the camper. I looked into a wood stove in my camper but decided it was just too niche and would be a pain in the ass when you just want a short quick shot of heat to take the edge off. If I was dead set on a wood stove in the camper, I would also get a diesel/gas/propane heater as well, although I thought we were trying to keep weight down.
    The diesel heaters pull combustion air from outside and vent combustion gases outside. The main fan pulls air across the body, so it's just a heat exchanger. I can attest to the heat being dry enough that we BC skied in the rain at Crater Lake and Baker and then dried out our shit for the next days without issue. It puts out so much heat that you can open windows to let the humid air from your wet gloves escape.

The heater itself is like 10#, with a 10L diesel tank (lasts at least 4 days in cold weather for us) if you don't plumb it into your main tank. There is no wood or pellet stove that comes close. Plus, where do you carry your tiny cuts of wood fuel, and how do you keep it dry? Wood stoves in campers seem like a joke for IG.

The altitude thing is a concern, but supposedly the blue LCD controller auto compensates for it. It does have a fairly accurate barometric altimeter, so that could be true. We haven't used ours much over 8000', but it's been flawless there.

Noise? Yes, the fan is a bit loud on high, but it won't stay there for more than a few minutes. The things absolutely blast heat so they turn themselves down to a barely audible fan speed pretty quickly when the thermostat gets to your set point. The fuel pumps do make an annoying clicking noise that is a concern when sleeping, but I and others have tamed this with pipe insulation and other tricks.

Honestly, my sole complaint is that it can't cycle completely off and then back on under thermostat control. The lowest setting is still a bit too much heat for my 22' RV when the outside temp is above 15F, so some manual control is required. But that's acceptable since I understand that including that feature would likely make the thing much more expensive.

The Chinese diesel heater will change your dirtbag life. Buy one. Hanging out with your naked GF in the toasty warm box while a storm rages outside and snow piles up for skiing the next day is...nice.

TGR dentists should buy Webasto heaters for their boutique converted Quigley Transits. The rest of us will stick with the all-parts-interchangeable knockoffs for 1/8 of the price.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Sadly i can't think of a reasonable location to install a chinese diesel heater on a minivan with sliding doors. Because that does sound cozy AF.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Sadly i can't think of a reasonable location to install a chinese diesel heater on a minivan with sliding doors. Because that does sound cozy AF.
    Many people install theirs in the pedestal under the front passenger seat.

Another advantage of the diesel heater is the ability to run it while traveling. Not the best idea with the wood stove and will propane even work on anything but flat smooth roads?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Many people install theirs in the pedestal under the front passenger seat.
    And vent it out underneath?

I must admit, part of me wants this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHSW0UIs65c&t=41s

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Another advantage of the diesel heater is the ability to run it while traveling. Not the best idea with the wood stove and will propane even work on anything but flat smooth roads?
    Wouldn't you just use engine heat while driving?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Wouldn't you just use engine heat while driving?
    Not with a 170” wheelbase cargo van conversion. Just has the vents up front a plus it takes forever to open up the thermostat.

Do you want nacho to freeze back there??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    T
    TGR dentists should buy Webasto heaters for their boutique converted Quigley Transits. The rest of us will stick with the all-parts-interchangeable knockoffs for 1/8 of the price.
    yup got one of the webastos

#van life ain't cheap #ballers only

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    And vent it out underneath?
    Yes. There are many vids and articles showing installations. E.g. https://thewanderful.co/blog/how-to-...er-in-your-van

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    We must be targeted by the same FB pages. Some reason your link broke though.
    https://www.rbauction.com/1994-blueb...ton-ab-2021122

Name:  D2F9E6F9-3C1E-4187-A552-AAC41EEAFA97.png
Views: 913
Size:  202.1 KB

I like the functionality tests at the bottom of the page

Someone buy this: https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...313486350.html

That's a pretty good deal if it's in decent condition.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Wtf? ^^^ The carpet they removed was there to keep condensation down. Jebus, what a mess.

looks shiny and warm.

What an awful interior, not to mention removing the freshwater tank.

This is the only possible user for it. Or possibly setting it up as a Taco Stand.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Or buy it, put a little time in and double your money. Our friend just sold her Scamp for $14k. She bought it for $3k a couple years ago and gave it a cosmetic sprucing up, used it and loved it but decided to cash in on the gold rush.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324577224592

Aside for the sleeping situation I love these

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Or buy it, put a little time in and double your money. Our friend just sold her Scamp for $14k. She bought it for $3k a couple years ago and gave it a cosmetic sprucing up, used it and loved it but decided to cash in on the gold rush.
    The f**ck am I doing with crypto, I should just flip campers

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Pretty cool 4wd (6wd) RV here, and as a bonus the interior already looks like a ski lodge!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...309604893.html
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I wonder how much it cost to add four-wheel-drive to something like that.
    My ford van was done by the same company here in SLC for $18k with rear lockers a couple years ago (The guy I bought it from had it converted, not me) so I'd imagine that dually was north of $20k for the conversion, and he is only asking $35k. if the conversion was done recently, everything under the frame should be in new condition as they have to replace/upgrade almost everything.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I wonder how much it cost to add four-wheel-drive to something like that.
    This company in Kamloops BC does conversions and it looks like around $15,000 Canadian
    https://www.sportsman4x4.com/contact/

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Pretty cool 4wd (6wd) RV here, and as a bonus the interior already looks like a ski lodge!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...309604893.html
    Not gonna lie, with two kids and three dogs, that rig is tempting.

Want.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16198392641290.jpeg 
Views:	203 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	373208

Pretty ez to reseal that!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Was there a dead body in that storage locker?