Page 305 of 510 FirstFirst ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Still entranced by those Delicas. RHD and engine power are negatives. Are they really that unsafe compared to other options?
    You damn near sit on top of the front bumper. Also, trucking along the interstate going 10 mph slower than semis is terrifying, and not apl that safe.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post

The jap vans .
    asshole

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Still entranced by those Delicas. RHD and engine power are negatives. Are they really that unsafe compared to other options?
    Think of the old VW Vanagon and air cooled vans. Similar. Your legs are the crumple zone in the case of an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Also, trucking along the interstate going 10 mph slower than semis is terrifying, and not apl that safe.
    The benefit is that it encourages you to take the scenic back road, if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    The benefit is that it encourages you to take the scenic back road, if at all possible.
    I did traverse 98% of Nebraska last year on two lane roads towing my camper. Highly recommended.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4091.jpeg 
Views:	277 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	371832

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2361.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	371833

You damn near sit on top of the front bumper. Also, trucking along the interstate going 10 mph slower than semis is terrifying, and not apl that safe.
    The JDM vans are all 25+ years old because they have not been crash tested in the US. I drove a Previa for years and it was like sitting on the front axle. Kind of like riding in a westy. I rented a Hiace and it felt like my feet were on the bumper. Ended up going with the express van. Wanted a Transit but could not stomach dropping the extra 40 G’s.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Think of the old VW Vanagon and air cooled vans. Similar. Your legs are the crumple zone in the case of an accident.
    Not really. The Vanagons have tiny crumple zones, then the frame takes the load, and it is crazy stiff/strong. One's legs would remain intact in a pretty forceful collision. One's internal organs...maybe not so much.

https://youtu.be/hUOM-_K-ODo
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    When I was 25 I didn’t think much about safety, but barreling down a dark highway at 70 as your GF sleeps away in the passenger seat makes you reconsider after a few close calls.
    #1 Reason I didn't pick up a Synchro, or Delica for that matter. Don't think crumple zones were a thing in the 80's. I have enough to have wild anxious fever dreams about...

I had an ‘87 Toyota van; it was a great little city vehicle, and did ok for camping in the Midwest, but the first time I took it up I-70 to the tunnel I was getting passed by semis. So little power. I traded up to a Previa, which was better, but not by much. Those small vans are cute, but have no guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I had an ‘87 Toyota van; it was a great little city vehicle, and did ok for camping in the Midwest, but the first time I took it up I-70 to the tunnel I was getting passed by semis. So little power. I traded up to a Previa, which was better, but not by much. Those small vans are cute, but have no guts.
    The newer Toyota vans are awd and have a 300hp v6 might be a good place to start

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Saw this RHD camper in Reno today. Has Vermont plates.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Awd express van should do the trick. Find a place that sells fleet vehicles. Get a loan . Van life for a couple hundo a month

Need something to drive/sleep two adults plus a child which is the primary appeal of the JDM vans and westys. The layout is thought to beat for that application. Perhaps that is also possible with the Express vans, but I can’t envision it without a high top or pop top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ver iz ze money LePowski?; 04-17-2021 at 06:22 PM.

I did traverse 98% of Nebraska last year on two lane roads towing my camper. Highly recommended. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4091.jpeg 
Views:	277 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	371832
    That's the first art I've seen made entirely out of J-B Weld.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Awd express van should do the trick. Find a place that sells fleet vehicles. Get a loan . Van life for a couple hundo a month

If only.

My 2006 awd express van is rotting at the frame. But fuck and a, what an amazing beast. No snow or sand has ever held it back.

But they stopped making them. I think 2014 was the last. Unicorns. I’ve been searching for one. But so expensive on the used market.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    My 9 yr old hiking out the ridge for turns......
    Attachment 371305
    A nice moment modestly stashed in the RV thread. I’d hold on to that one. Here’s to more!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Came across this and figured someone might want. Low miles diesel.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ok_story_share

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Question for those of you with propane cooktops: any brand recommendations for high-altitude use? I've got a project and it needs a new drop-in two or three burner cooktop. Both Dometic and Furrion are only rated for ~4500'. I haven't heard back from Suburban nor could I find any internet complaints.

I know bleeding moisture and keeping propane warm have a lot to do with it as well, so maybe the answer is go with any and use proper technique?

Yeah go with any. Propane cooking is a pretty much a non issue at altitude.

Big shout out to jackattack. Picked up an 8" northernlite for my tundra. Thanks for the all the help/info JA. Much appreciated
    Just dragging it home from the island now. Still undecided between adding a leaf or air bags. Good enough for now to get home. Previous owner renovated it quite nicely. Stoked!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210423_151443.jpeg 
Views:	186 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	372540

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Well done Grinch. My prop management company just raised my rent an obscene amount. The idea of actually living in a camper for at least 6-8 months is getting kinda real.

strong vote here for the Old Man Emu Dakar rear leaf set, especially with how far back that thing sits in the bed. congrats on the score!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Well done Grinch. My prop management company just raised my rent an obscene amount. The idea of actually living in a camper for at least 6-8 months is getting kinda real.
    Thanks thats how i paid my rv off. 3 yrs of saving on rent and the resale i was ahead of the game. A couple additions on this one and i might do that again
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    strong vote here for the Old Man Emu Dakar rear leaf set, especially with how far back that thing sits in the bed. congrats on the score!
    Is that a band name(old man emu dakar)? I put a full new leaf pack plus an extra in my old bagged out 91 yota after i put a $300 okanagan camper(re:heavy) on it. Night and day. No sway in the corners. Perfect spring weight. In this one i 0nly have about 4" of travel remaining right now. Going to be a long slow ride home tomorrow. Can't wait to get out of the city. I think my old yota was worse before the new springs but ive got a 7hr drive thru mt passes with this one

Nice unicorn dude

i mean, ideally the truck fits camper. but if ya gotta stick with the tundra, there are a few options for aftermarket leaf packs. old man emu is an aussie brand on the heavy side.

is that a 5.5ft bed?
    Last edited by Norseman; 04-24-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Big shout out to jackattack. Picked up an 8" northernlite for my tundra. Thanks for the all the help/info JA. Much appreciated
    Just dragging it home from the island now. Still undecided between adding a leaf or air bags. Good enough for now to get home. Previous owner renovated it quite nicely. Stoked!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210423_151443.jpeg 
Views:	186 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	372540

With that lean i would go pack brake airbags. You will notice every 5psi..i put a camper on my f250 this year and did airbags.. You won't regret it. Or do both

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk