Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 298 299 300 301 302 303
Results 7,551 to 7,571 of 7571
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Buy it so I can show you there is definitely a need for TLC and plenty of work. I know what the bulletproofing and top cost. That van is a quick day away from an electrical fire. I would redo everything that owner did. Reminds me of a van similar to it that got left for scrap in Moab last year
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4B81548-6B82-45CE-8E03-4E459B86BE4B.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	561.9 KB 
ID:	370612

Yikes

Some folks just aren’t cut out for vanlife.

Exactly. The two loose batteries in the cab are classic as well. Says just a little rust and then takes down the photo of the rust.

Buy it so I can show you there is definitely a need for TLC and plenty of work. I know what the bulletproofing and top cost. That van is a quick day away from an electrical fire. I would redo everything that owner did. Reminds me of a van similar to it that got left for scrap in Moab last year
    Lucky for the seller...there a lot of people with more money than sense buying camper rigs around denver.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Lucky for the seller...there a lot of people with more money than sense buying camper rigs around denver.
    Maybe...I got a lot of smart people looking at my van. Only idiots I heard from were from New Jersey and CA.

The buyers in Colorado aren't as stupid as you might think. You have to be quick with cash but they are savy and ask a lot of questions before buying a disaster. Kinda like the real estate around here.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Minivan now has running water because well fuck it.

This rules, great work! I need to figure out a sink setup in mine with limited space. Wish I didn't buy the biggest 12V fridge available because i'm still gonna have to bring a cooler

Oh no doubt. Scrap the interior, but it at least has the panels + electric system bones.
    Rebuild front suspension/drive shafts, coils, rear leafs, Agile RIP, new wheels + tires.
    I think you could spend $5-8k and be in it total of ~$25kish and have a pretty nice ride if you could stomach the body work. Donor van for $1k or go cut out the panels at the scrap yard would be the easiest. Then again...I have a full shop + welder + plasma so the average Joe would not want to do any of that. Or spend the amount of time on it. Then again, these E-series vans are demanding high dollar these days no matter what shape. I just saw one go here in the front range for $17k, no 4wd, no high top, and pretty much same condition as this one. People want the van + camper no matter what.

I agree and hope the person buying it does something just like that. It is a half assed project as is.

Maybe...I got a lot of smart people looking at my van. Only idiots I heard from were from New Jersey and CA.

The buyers in Colorado aren't as stupid as you might think. You have to be quick with cash but they are savy and ask a lot of questions before buying a disaster. Kinda like the real estate around here.
    I think smarter people look at your van than the average shopper -- because it's well done and they can tell. I sold my last two clapped out Astros damn fast with very little in the way of questions. Pretty sure the dude handed me cash over asking before I even explained to him that it came with spare parts he was going to need.

I bought my clapped out project car and the blue moto knowing nothing. Partially because they aren't common. Gotta start out as an infant and learn from experience. Bloody knuckles and wasted money is a way of life for mechanically minded people.

The real mental patients IMO are the ones who have a dozen projects all over their property. I can't imagine how they think they will ever have time to get it all fixed.

Bloody knuckles and wasted money is a way of life for mechanically minded people.
    Man does that hit home.

I'm also just here to say I wouldn't touch that dumpster fire at anywhere close to that. Yes, the market is stupid, but it doesn't mean I have to be stupid too.

The real mental patients IMO are the ones who have a dozen projects all over their property. I can't imagine how they think they will ever have time to get it all fixed.
    This is me currently. Too many driveway projects plus an entire house remodel that is on its ending. I would be buying this dudes van right now if i didn't have a camper project and a truck project already. Gut interior, keep all his electrical just re-wire it all. Build interior, then just basically order a bunch of bolt on suspension parts + wheels + tires and you are setup for success. Deal with the body + looks another time. Not enough time in my life to take this on.

Somebody might find this interesting. This guy is an awesome woodworker and helped his buddy throw together a quick car-camping setup.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv2s6KmG4AA

Everyone see Bjarn (Codys filmer for Fifty) is starting a company to build out Vans? Pretty cool stuff, he does some cool stuff.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

‘Odometer broken’. That’s a red flag for a camper.

Living in Juneau, AK with the Canadian border closed for the past year, we haven't been able to do squat with our truck camper. Out of boredom decided to spend the last weekend at Eaglecrest camping in the parking lot and skiing all day with my son. A few other folks were doing the same all winter because the lodges have been closed and the campers make a great private lodge.

I ripped the propane heater, refrigerator, water heater, oven, black/grey tank out, and the entire interior last year. Re-insulated with 2" foam and reinforced plastic/fiberglass panels. We run a diesel heater piped into the camper (more space inside). I have an on-demand water heater (smaller footprint). And we use a 12v cooler/refrigerator (more space). We can still shower, with water draining through hole in floor to 5 gallon bucket, and grey water drains into bucket as well. No black tank, now just use a "honey bucket". We have tons of floor space now to dry clothes out and generally move around. Camper is also several hundred pounds lighter with the oven, water heater, black/grey tanks gone. Use far less water with no flushing toilet.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.32.36 AM.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	720.2 KB 
ID:	371302

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.33.01 AM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1,020.3 KB 
ID:	371303

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.31.58 AM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	371304

My 9 yr old hiking out the ridge for turns......

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.31.11 AM.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	383.0 KB 
ID:	371305

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post

Dude, he's pitted!

Fuck Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post

The powder is deeper when you are shorter.

Great picture

It's similar to tele skiing.....always looks deeper