Page 2 of 508 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Something like this: http://www.simplydehumidifiers.com/E...ation-Portable may be the answer...not sure how long it would run on a deep cycle battery though?

Count me in.

I've thought about getting a smallish travel trailer to be towed by my V6 Tacoma. What's it like pulling a trailer in the snow? I'm thinking a small trailer well below the towing capacity of the truck might be ok so long as I stay out of deepish snow. Is this a completely stupid idea? (I'm even more an RV jong than TGR jong, and that's saying something...)

I've been dreaming about doing an entire season on the road. Interesting in seeing maggs setups and hearing stories.

A thread with areas to park would be a great idea.

Anybody winterize a teardrop? Its about the only thing I could do with my subi...
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Here is the pic of the B Team Winnebago. Used it for for partying around town for group outings, and making the yearly pilgrimage with the boys to the awesomeness that is Maggot Fest in Missoula, MT. We had to ditch the b!tch when the body started separating from the frame, and no it was definitely not a four season machine.

http://westyventures.com/propex.html

The small Propex units are supposed to be a wicked little propane heater for vans/boats/small campers. Vents to the outside.

Yeah, just go to a junkyard and pull an RV furnace out of a wrecked rig. They are all vented units, otherwise people would gas themselves with the fumes.

Check that there are no cracks in the heat exchanger, or else the exhaust will mix with the warm air being circulated in your RV. If you have any doubts, buy a carbon monoxide detector to warn you when are about to die.

Here is my rig. Forced air furnace, stove, oven, sink and water tank (for summer only), twin propane tanks, two RV batteries, and three solar panels. My brother repainted it for me a few years ago, and interior is in great shape. Engine, tranny and power steering leak like sieves, but I'll probably re-do the drivetrain next summer.

Summer shot.

Can get 20 mpg (Imp.) if I drive in the slow lane. Scary as hell in strong cross winds, though.

I got a hankerin for a big diesel pickup with a nice camper top.

I slept about 40ish nights last year in the old truck.

This year, Ize iz well posh and sleeps in the penthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    I slept about 40ish nights last year in the old truck.

This year, Ize iz well posh and sleeps in the penthouse.

What is that thing? And how does it handle wind, I would think you would get blown off the road...

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Word.

1980 Chev 3/4 ton. Aluminum topper, solar panels, rv battery & inverter, reflectex insulated, double wide platform bed, stove chuck box, sticker job, -40C sleeping bag. Some pics are floating around...
    Last edited by That was Pontus; 10-20-2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

That collapses down to be the size of a regular thule/rocketbox.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I've been dreaming about doing an entire season on the road. Interesting in seeing maggs setups and hearing stories.

Anybody winterize a teardrop? Its about the only thing I could do with my subi...
    It would be an [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170106"]awesome idea[/ame].

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    It would be an awesome idea.
    Indeed it would be if the only Canadian location on that list hadn't outlawed fun for the sake of image. Anyone else have beta on spots where tow trucks and asshats who hate people enjoying themselves don't exist?
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Cross post from [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170106"]The Comprehensive Car/Camper/RV Overnight Camping Locale Thread - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Didn't see that anyone listed it...if so, apologies.

Grand Targhee - NO...The late-night security guys hate to do it, but they will ask you to leave. However, there is a little pullout about 1 1/2 mi down the road that you can park and sleep without being bothered.

Places to park - Castle in Southwest Alberta often has plug in parking @ $20/night just call for a reservation.
    Awsome hill btw esp midweek
    http://www.skicastle.ca/
    The National Parks campsite just down the hill from Lake Louise keeps some sites open in winter and is totally deluxe - huge shower building even a little tiled heated tap room for filling the rv water tanks (outside water taps are very tough to find in winter)
    Fernie eliminated their non seasonal RV sites and you can't park there overnight.
    I will try and cross post this info to the other post

Here's my cheap camper, I picked it up last year for $600 right after the former owner put a ton of money into it. An Inverter (with 2 group 31 Optimas), microwave, stove, sink, propane heat and outdoor shower make it pretty comfortable.
    It's a great tow rig too.

I'd love to have one of those little Toyota camper rigs!

OK, found the photo. 06 F-350, Ski-doo summit with CFR ski rack and 82 prowler. Needs some work and would like to get it setup with full solar power, but thats the summer project!

Here's mine:

1996 Disco

I bought this beauty yesterday for $400. There's two beds and a table that turns into a bed. The stove works. No heater, but I'm gonna get one of the Mr. Heater things. I'm gonna haul her up to the mountains this weekend and just ditch it for the winter. Use it as a ski-in/ski-out cabin. I'm gonna have to reinforce the roof somehow for the snow load.

The furthur we go, the stranger it gets...

Quote Originally Posted by mrwaffles989 View Post
    I bought this beauty yesterday for $400. There's two beds and a table that turns into a bed. The stove works. No heater, but I'm gonna get one of the Mr. Heater things. I'm gonna haul her up to the mountains this weekend and just ditch it for the winter. Use it as a ski-in/ski-out cabin. I'm gonna have to reinforce the roof somehow for the snow load.

I await the ensuing hilarity.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mrwaffles989 View Post

I love how this kid thinks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid