Page 291 of 510 FirstFirst ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 12727
    A friend of mine owns the local awning sewing shop. She’s going to make me some custom fit window covers with hook that will attach to the carpet liner in my shell. Expensive but worth it. Not trying for insulation, just privacy.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I feel like the whole concept of a "stealth" van went out the window a couple years ago. Even my 60+ year old suburban mom knows about vanlifers and pretty much assumes any van without lettering for "Bob's Plumbing" is someone squatting.
    This. Camped in a built out astro van for a while, thought I could be stealth but absolutely no chance. Especially in the winter, when I was putting reflectix in the windows. Said f it, sold the van and bought a pop up truck camper. Figured if I couldn't be stealth I might as well be able to stand up and have a heater...

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    A friend of mine owns the local awning sewing shop. She’s going to make me some custom fit window covers with hook that will attach to the carpet liner in my shell. Expensive but worth it. Not trying for insulation, just privacy.
    I got hooked up with some covers by a family member with crafting skills. Rare earth magnets, duct tape and amazon suction cups. Used some left over thinsulate with black side out one one side, reflectex on the other. With black side out it just looks like a dark van to the casual glance.

I think it comes down to choice of parking spot. If you bed down in front of the country club you're gonna have a bad time. Walmart or a dark industrial/office park worked better but I'm only a night or two in.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I feel like the whole concept of a "stealth" van went out the window a couple years ago. Even my 60+ year old suburban mom knows about vanlifers and pretty much assumes any van without lettering for "Bob's Plumbing" is someone squatting.
    I keep meaning to get a magnetic door sticker for the van. Something like “Ace Groundwater Contamination Analysis LLC”

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I keep meaning to get a magnetic door sticker for the van. Something like “Ace Groundwater Contamination Analysis LLC”
    That, some yellow and black hazard stickers on the rear, and a "how's my driving? Call 1-800-..." sticker.

Park anywhere you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That, some yellow and black hazard stickers on the rear, and a "how's my driving? Call 1-800-..." sticker.

Park anywhere you want.
    Like this one?

Name:  il_794xN.2049918207_t9wn.jpg
Views: 2700
Size:  51.8 KB

I've taken a similar approach with pickup trucks - white ones to always look like a contractor vehicle.

"Sorry ma'm, I'm just here to inspect a burst sewer line"

*Edit: " Sorry KAREN" (duh)

Gaucho bed

https://itstillruns.com/build-gaucho...r-7875795.html

And yeah, stealth is dead. Seven or eight years ago, we would park our van pretty much anywhere and it was cool. Places like the park by Mirror Pond in Bend, go to the bars and then back to the van to sleep or downtown Missoula. 3-4 years ago, we stopped doing it because instead of being one of a couple vans in a town at any given time, it turned into tens and then twenties and so on. We see them all over the place in our neighborhood...karma I guess. Now we stay in the woods and ski area parking lots.

I have a snorkel on my 80. Prior owner installed it. I wouldn’t have. I have a Donaldson cyclone pre-filter and it really does pull some dirt out.

Not sure if this has been posted here but '93 NL 6'10 in Sac for $12.5k

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/fo...266718252.html

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Ah, thanks. I searched gaucho bench instead of bed and nothing came up but a crappy rustic bench with cowhide. Ours is a Westy Ford conversion so I don't think it's technically a gaucho.

Completely comfy here in the Sugarloaf parking lot. Probably -5 last night, no problem keeping the inside in the 60's, which we consider comfortable.
    Promaster with a build that was around $5,000.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skins drying.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	629.3 KB 
ID:	360506
    If you have the time, and like doing projects, this doesn't have to be crazy expensive.

Moar pics pls. Chinese diesel heater? Is that a curtain rod holding shit up?

Moar pics pls. Chinese diesel heater? Is that a curtain rod holding shit up?
    The curtain rod is a copper plumbing pipe.

The heating is a Suburban propane furnace. The 20 lb tank is in a metal drum, sealed and vented using marine pass thrus and principles.
    The stove is run on 1 lb propane tanks. We may run it to the main tank, or may keep it as is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200613_163153973.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	965.9 KB 
ID:	360675
    The kitchen unit is a Harbor Freight rolling tool chest.

Name:	IMG_20201011_180707292_HDR.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	360676
    The bed is a 6 inch trifold mattress on an easily removable trifold ATV ramp

Name:	IMG_20200613_173623645.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	360677

Name:	KIMG0997.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	658.5 KB 
ID:	360679

I like that^^^^. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Artic Fox in Kalispell, $20k. No idea if that is a good price, but this one looks like it has been well taken care of.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8378796250909/

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Mileage not listed, but 7.3 + 4x4 fans, no excuses: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...270847460.html

(not mine, but would have saved me a lot of money if it was)

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Mileage not listed, but 7.3 + 4x4 fans, no excuses: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...270847460.html

Damn. Much want.

I could see a DIY conversion on this 4X4 Chevy: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Anybody using a Sterling battery-battery DC charger? How did you wire up the +out connection? Having a hell of a time getting it to work. Everything detects and LED's lit appropriately but no change in battery state of charge after 8 hrs on the road. +OUT line connects to the system's + main bus bar, not the +battery terminal (although +terminal obviously directly wired to + main bus bar so it shouldn't matter?)

We just wired mine in. I'll check against your questions and get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Artic Fox in Kalispell, $20k. No idea if that is a good price, but this one looks like it has been well taken care of.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8378796250909/

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Good price for an Arctic Fox. My brother has one. They are heavy, would need a dually, but that’s because they are built like tanks and very well insulated.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Game on in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post

The guy who scored this is posting up in the 4x4 rv FB group....sounds like he is stoked

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Anybody using a Sterling battery-battery DC charger? How did you wire up the +out connection? Having a hell of a time getting it to work. Everything detects and LED's lit appropriately but no change in battery state of charge after 8 hrs on the road. +OUT line connects to the system's + main bus bar, not the +battery terminal (although +terminal obviously directly wired to + main bus bar so it shouldn't matter?)
    I have a Renogy, but are you sure it is in charge mode? My Renogy 20 amp DC-DC has a wire that triggers charging when it receives voltage when the truck is running. I wired it with an add-a-circuit fuse in the main fuse box to a circuit that is only hot when running, so 3 wires from the engine bay to the charger. Then 2 directly to the battery. There may be dip switches to flip as well. I have a lithium battery so set the charge voltage at 14.0V which is the lowest it will go.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Ah-hah! I've seen people wire up the ignition circuit but wasnt sure what the use was. Damnit I already buttoned up the trim too. Running that wire is gonna suckkkk