Page 290 of 290 FirstFirst ... 285 286 287 288 289 290
Results 7,226 to 7,236 of 7236
    Apologies for a topic likely covered and not exactly RV - but your collective knowledge assures me I will get an answer with little debate.
    Helping line my FIL up with the best chains for his Promaster fwd considerations to quick/ease of install and performance over price please. Hes in his 60s and previously sustained a lifelong injury due to being in the cold installing chainsaw, leaving him with a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Lol @ the trophy truck BS in the copy.
    The snorkel is my favorite part. As if anyone will ever drive it through water deep enough to require a snokel, or that the electronics wouldn't fry if you actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Apologies for a topic likely covered and not exactly RV - but your collective knowledge assures me I will get an answer with little debate.
    Helping line my FIL up with the best chains for his Promaster fwd considerations to quick/ease of install and performance over price please. Hes in his 60s and previously sustained a lifelong injury due to being in the cold installing chainsaw, leaving him with a limp.
    I have a set of these self tensioning Koenig/Thule for my van. Only have used them a couple times but really easy on/off. Just make sure the size is right. I had to go up one to fit on the snow tires.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tire-Chains...SABEgI-EvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Helping line my FIL up with the best chains for his Promaster fwd considerations to quick/ease of install and performance over price please. He’s in his 60s and previously sustained a lifelong injury due to being in the cold installing chainsaw, leaving him with a limp.
    I was told Les Schwab has chains that are easy on/off and will do the trick for the Promaster. Haven't picked ours up yet.

I went so many rounds on the Toyota +camper thing. Lance 650 seemed just a bit too heavy. Didn't want a pop-up. I was imminently ready to purchase a Capri out of texas, and for anyone who will not consider another vehicle or who can't find an older NL or bigfoot, I'd definitely give them a look.

Ultimately bit the bullet and upgraded to a one ton. "No regerts" other than letting myself get talked out of a dually.

With the Tahoe region in CA open again Alpine and Squaw are pretty much my only two options for a little adventure van getaway (Ikon Pass.) It's been years since I went to Squaw, and I'm wondering how easy it is these days to park in a spot that's accessible for dog check-ins throughout the day. From the looks of the maps it would seem the closest you can park to a run/lift is in the southeast corner of the lot near the Red Wolf Lodge. Am I on the right track?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.38.44 PM.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	999.8 KB 
ID:	357747

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The snorkel is my favorite part. As if anyone will ever drive it through water deep enough to require a snokel, or that the electronics wouldn't fry if you actually did.
    The broverlanders tell me that it's to reduce dust in the intake as well as fording. not that hard to carry a spare air filter or change it after the trip.

There's just NO WAY that RV can deal with a dusty, rutted track and whoops like a trophy truck, sorry just no.

An acquaintance of mine is building these desert rigs that maybe kinda sorta could be loosely compared to driving a trophy truck, certainly closer than anything carrying a 2000lb fiberglass box with a cabover. Sorry, no snorkel. https://www.instagram.com/bionicoffroad/?hl=en
    Last edited by jackattack; 01-13-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    I have a set of these self tensioning Koenig/Thule for my van. Only have used them a couple times but really easy on/off. Just make sure the size is right. I had to go up one to fit on the snow tires.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tire-Chains...SABEgI-EvD_BwE
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    With the Tahoe region in CA open again Alpine and Squaw are pretty much my only two options for a little adventure van getaway (Ikon Pass.) It's been years since I went to Squaw, and I'm wondering how easy it is these days to park in a spot that's accessible for dog check-ins throughout the day. From the looks of the maps it would seem the closest you can park to a run/lift is in the southeast corner of the lot near the Red Wolf Lodge. Am I on the right track?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.38.44 PM.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	999.8 KB 
ID:	357747
    You won't be the only van hanging out in that spot

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    You won't be the only van hanging out in that spot
    Fantastico. Thanks.

Super easy to get a spot there even with a van, weekdays you can probably show up at 9 and still be up close. weekends 8 is probably the latest for very primo depending on snow conditions