Page 260 of 508 FirstFirst ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 12695
    was going to try to get this for my project but decided to stick with my truck
    1995 4x4 , diesel, winch, 50K miles,
    auction ...east coast...ends in about a week....current bid sub $1000
    dont want to spam it and have it get run up for someone...altho it may on its own...hopefully not
    pm me for link, no jongs, unless youre an existing frs customer that is...lol....

Name:  p3.png
Views: 2216
Size:  563.6 KB
    Name:  p2.png
Views: 2227
Size:  443.3 KB
    Name:  p1.png
Views: 2046
Size:  626.9 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

pretty sweet fully contained camp stove. Uses stainless steel buffet pans, lifting eyes, and a cat food can! lol

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post

pretty sweet fully contained camp stove. Uses stainless steel buffet pans, lifting eyes, and a cat food can! lol
    that is pretty awesome... in theory could be a great covid tailgate solution in the ski lots this winter. Wonder if they edited out gashing the shit out of their fingers on those edges while threading the nuts

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Nope I haven’t seen one in person. Since many truck owners have a cab height topper or could buy a used one cheap, this does seem like an option of interest....

Attachment 342678
    this looks pretty badass!

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post

Great video and he’s obviously a master tinkerer/builder. From his notes it’s clear that the build doesn’t have great longevity. I’m curious how much continual, winter use it would stand up to

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There’s a likelihood that when this stove reaches its end of life so will everyone in the vehicle it’s installed in.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Great video and he’s obviously a master tinkerer/builder. From his notes it’s clear that the build doesn’t have great longevity. I’m curious how much continual, winter use it would stand up to

Just picked up this bad boy a couple weeks ago and in the process of building it into a ski/mtb mobile. I figure this will make it much easier to justify driving around the country chasing storms as I don’t need to worry about hotels/AirBnbs and such.

2013 Chevy Express AWD. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1527.JPG 
Views:	383 
Size:	674.5 KB 
ID:	343541

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Just picked up this bad boy a couple weeks ago and in the process of building it into a ski/mtb mobile. I figure this will make it much easier to justify driving around the country chasing storms as I don’t need to worry about hotels/AirBnbs and such.

suweet

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Clearly you’re not aware that women in my age group are into the #VanLife. And your mom didn’t mind it last night, either...

Just picked this thing up for $1,500 (19ft, 3,200 lbs without water). With two sleds on a deck and this in tow, I am now in the market for a new truck. Thinking either full ton diesel or 3/4 ton gasser, 8ft bed is neccessity. My budget is $20k-$30K. Seems I could get a 2012 or newer gasser around 50k-70k miles or pre dpf diesels (up to 2008) around 70k miles.

Better mileage and easier mtn passes in the diesel, cheaper maintenance and no fear of cold temps in gasser. What are your experiences with gas vs diesel 3/4 ton and full ton?

My truck is currently for sale. https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6766784...163.1588802528

Attachment 343913
    Attachment 343914

Quote Originally Posted by sander_h View Post
    Just picked this thing up for $1,500 (19ft, 3,200 lbs without water). With two sleds on a deck and this in tow, I am now in the market for a new truck. Thinking either full ton diesel or 3/4 ton gasser, 8ft bed is neccessity. My budget is $20k-$30K. Seems I could get a 2012 or newer gasser around 50k-70k miles or pre dpf diesels (up to 2008) around 70k miles.

Better mileage and easier mtn passes in the diesel, cheaper maintenance and no fear of cold temps in gasser. What are your experiences with gas vs diesel 3/4 ton and full ton?

My truck is currently for sale. https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6766784...163.1588802528

Attachment 343913
    Attachment 343914
    I drive an 06 3/4 ton duramax with 172k. At least with GMs, the differences between 3/4 and 1 ton are minor and won't change ownership experience, might be different for Ford or Dodge. Nothing that has gone wrong with the truck has been motor-related. Now that I've said that I'll probably get proven wrong, but it's all been steering, suspension, electrical, etc. That stuff is mostly the same on a gas truck, and 15ish years is a long life for it, even with 70k miles. I'd shy away from that era unless you enjoy wrenching.

That being said, I fucking love torque. I live in fairly mild winters so I don't worry about cold issues and have had none, but I do carry a spare fuel filter.

your attachments aren't working for me

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post

Those are sweet. Post build pics. I had a econoline for a while and miss it. Can you fit sleeping acrossways in that?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by sander_h View Post

Attachment 343913
    Attachment 343914
    can't see your pics . I wish I had a diesel for hauling as my gas truck has to work too hard going up hills but it never gets down into subzero temps up here in the NW.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I only have a few data points with my '16 Duramax and Cayenne Diesel, but in the winters that I drove all over Montana and Wyoming - no issues with the cold. Nearly all the newer diesel vehicles have heated elements in the key parts of the fuel system. I know this because my DEF heater failed on my Duramax. It was covered under warranty.

Regarding the maintenance and torque debate; I'm not sure how much there is anymore. Maintenance cost-wise, it's a wash. What you save in fuel with diesel is negated in the purchase price. With a gasser, you have a lower cost to entry, but a higher fuel bill. I will say that the torque of the diesel is delicious. Hauling my loaded Lance camper, towing an enclosed motorcycle trailer over Mt Hood is a breeze. The truck is barely working as I pass uphill. It's glorious.

Thoughts from the collective requested. This thread is massive and deep and I don't feel like searching. The lady and I are starting to think about getting something for camping, and have limited it to van(sprinter or small class B) or truck camper. Here's the full scenario.
    She has a 16 forester with 60k, still making payments, what we travel to and from the desert with, it gets super full with my bad ass car camping kitchen, the dog, coolers, bike stuff, etc.
    I have a 03 taco TRD, 130k on it, this is my around town truck/hunting rig, owned outright. She can't drive stick hence why we don't bring this to the desert currently.
    Realistically we'd use it 10 trips a year, give or take, mostly S.UT for biking, looking for an cool location to let the dog hang while we go ride.
    My first thought is why have a third vehicle we're paying insurance and registration on for that few trips/year. Truck camper makes more sense this way, I get a new truck (F150/Silverado) and we get a Fourwheel Campers or Palomino, I pay the truck payment, and we split the camper payment. Can get 10k locally for my taco and find a used truck (however, upgrading rear suspension for the truck camper would add some costs here).
    Downside: Shitty driveway situation in SLC. steep hill at beginning, then max of 100 inches wide. I also have a duck boat taking up 25 feet of driveway, where camper could fit, however garage door access would be blocked and would be very tough to get bikes in-out of driveway for local riding.
    Van presents the same issue, however they are a fair bit narrower than truck campers.

Anyways, help?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Start off with teaching her how to drive a stick. It ain’t that hard, but it is essential.

Get a go fast camper and leave it on your truck full time. And, yes, empower your woman to drive stick.

I taught my wife to drive a manual transmission vehicle 14 years ago shortly after we met. Future FIL decided it must be true love if I was willing to put my clutch on the line...

Yeah the stick thing needs to happen but regardless we want something that will have ac so we can leave the dog for a few hours and go for a ride. Gfc would be great but I think we’re lookin for a dedicated RV/sprinter type thing

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Those are sweet. Post build pics. I had a econoline for a while and miss it. Can you fit sleeping acrossways in that?
    I could if I went slightly diagonal, but my plan is a split queen foam mattress that folds half up against each wall like a drawbridge- that way i keep the full capability of cargo room, but can fold half the mattress down when I'm solo, use the whole bed when I've got company.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Yeah the stick thing needs to happen but regardless we want something that will have ac so we can leave the dog for a few hours and go for a ride. Gfc would be great but I think we’re lookin for a dedicated RV/sprinter type thing

Just a heads up on the AC. They take quite a bit of power. Without a shore power hookup and power on the site, it would be a portable generator or a solar system and battery bank that is worth the price of your truck. Maybe you already have a little Honda genset and are good. I felt compelled to speak up because I have seen several people think AC off batteries is easy only to find out you need 800 ah of lifepo4 batteries and a solar array bigger than your van roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my lease is up end of January and I'm WFH thru June. I'm thinking about just buying a Class C RV and posting up in ski lots around the country. WWTGRD?

No question. Doooo ittt!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
    Just a heads up on the AC. They take quite a bit of power. Without a shore power hookup and power on the site, it would be a portable generator or a solar system and battery bank that is worth the price of your truck. Maybe you already have a little Honda genset and are good. I felt compelled to speak up because I have seen several people think AC off batteries is easy only to find out you need 800 ah of lifepo4 batteries and a solar array bigger than your van roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. I mean it’s cool that relatively efficient 12V AC units are available now but the overall system investment is huge.

I’m not sure people realize how cool a well designed van conversion stays. With adequate insulation and roof ventilation, and no noob mistakes like buying a van with a lot of windows, the interior temp stays below the outdoor temps most of the morning and then in early afternoon it reaches but doesn’t exceed outdoor temps. On mtn bike road trips I’m intentionally choosing locations and riding time periods that avoid temps above 85 F.

BTW one of the reasons to buy a boring white van is they remain significantly cooler.