Page 226 of 508 FirstFirst ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 12697
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    what kind of mpg did you get on that Silverton trip ?
    Cuz I don't want to quote doedoe dude's post. Any mechanic can install springs and spacers. Not a hard or Specialized job at all. It is finding someone to do your alignment that is gonna be tough. Ask Slee Offroad.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Cuz I don't want to quote doedoe dude's post. Any mechanic can install springs and spacers. Not a hard or Specialized job at all. It is finding someone to do your alignment that is gonna be tough. Ask Slee Offroad.
    I thought it was all about the ball Bearings, but I just want to know his mpg to Silverton

Least that’s what my mechanic fletch said
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Ford dealership outside of Ashland, OR has a Transit with the Quigley 4x4 upgrade. I salivate a little every time I pass it. It's been on the lot for a few months, but I peeked at the sticker when I first noticed it and it was definitely caviar pricing. I'm sure they're getting more reasonable whatever that means.

what kind of mpg did you get on that Silverton trip ?
    Forgot to reset it for most of it. But from Gunnison to Denver I got 25mpg. Rig is FWD with upsized AT tires and a big ass roof box. I'm easy on the gas pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Reason to not quote my post?

Good point re:alignment. That's why I'm looking for someone who knows this stuff. I recognize its a simple job but 6 inquiries have all yielded "we don't work on vans".

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Reason to not quote my post?

Good point re:alignment. That's why I'm looking for someone who knows this stuff. I recognize its a simple job but 6 inquiries have all yielded "we don't work on vans".
    Nah, they just don't work with van people

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Nah, they just don't work with van people
    What if I wear a flat brimmed cap and drink out of a yeti mug when I go?

Anyone in the Denver metro got a 4x4 shop they could recommend? Work I have in mind shouldn't be difficult but I want someone to advise and install for me that knows what their doing and can make recommendations.

Leaning towards a strut spacer kit (2" front / 1" rear: https://traxda.com/toyota/sienna/2013/906025.html) plus custom rear springs (+1" in height and +20-30% in load: http://coilsprings.com/) for the new rig.

Number of folks with 40k mi on this https://www.journeysoffroad.com/siennaliftkits.html -- but 3.5" strikes me as higher than I need to go and may make more compromises in handling than I'd prefer.

Also -- I know basically jack about this shit. So school me. Want just a few in more clearance for van esp during summer. Already upsized tire by 1" which worked well on 700mi round trip to Silverton.
    Air bags are the simple answer. Add air and clearance when needed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Air bags are the simple answer. Add air and clearance when needed.

My understanding was airbags prevent sag when loaded -- not adding clearance?

My understanding was airbags prevent sag when loaded -- not adding clearance?
    Airbags should be used for supplemental spring rate when carrying varying heavy/light loads or towing occasionally NOT as a lift mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Airbags should be used for supplemental spring rate when carrying varying heavy/light loads or towing occasionally NOT as a lift mechanism.
    Yep -- that is exactly what I thought. Hence custom springs instead of airbags -- to gain an inch or so and deal with the fact it'll most often have a little camping setup in the back.

Forgot to reset it for most of it. But from Gunnison to Denver I got 25mpg. Rig is FWD with upsized AT tires and a big ass roof box. I'm easy on the gas pedal.
    Did you have a roof box on
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Did you have a roof box on
    Yep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83038060_10101996159387410_2201686079440945152_o.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	210.2 KB 
ID:	313152

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Ford dealership outside of Ashland, OR has a Transit with the Quigley 4x4 upgrade. I salivate a little every time I pass it. It's been on the lot for a few months, but I peeked at the sticker when I first noticed it and it was definitely caviar pricing. I'm sure they're getting more reasonable whatever that means.
    I peeped some of theirs when I was deciding to pull the trigger on the T350 Quigley for our school. There prices were full full MSRP and I ended up (somehow?) about $10k under those. If you're really interested and can be patient, try to find dealerships who buy stock builds from Quigley. Our Ford dealer said they buy a handful to have on the lot for contractors and mechanical businesses who need a vehicle asap and not in 4-8mo from Quigley. Could be a route to score one, if you're patient.

Yep -- that is exactly what I thought. Hence custom springs instead of airbags -- to gain an inch or so and deal with the fact it'll most often have a little camping setup in the back.
    https://faroutride.com/air-lift-springs-installation/
    There are air bag lift systems available.

@Doebedoe check out All American 4x4 at Santa Fe and 470
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

If just looking to add a little carrying capacity to a minivan, what about using spring assist type shocks?

https://www.amazon.com/Gabriel-43048.../dp/B001AMA854

Much cheaper than custom coil springs or airbags. Not a great solution for carrying a lot of weight or increasing ride height, but for budget #vanlife, worth a look?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

All these questions about adding payload and lift to a sienna? The answer is sell the sienna and buy a suburban/truck.

By the time you lift and bag the sienna with the tires to match you will be getting teens mpg. Might as well buy the right tool in the first place and then you can actually use it cause that lifted and bagged sienna is still going to break off road.

off-road

#vanlife

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Spotted today in Big Sky

Attachment 312490

Fat bike = check
    Solar panel on roof = check
    Lifted 4x4 van = check

30-ish GF wearing beanie with fur Pom = checkmate

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It’s still in Big Sky. Met XavierD this morning for coffee and this rig was parked over in a far corner of the lot. No fat bike, it probably got stolen from the day skier lot. No sign of GF with Pom beanie either.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Lots of rigs here at Rogers Pass. They range from the rental beside my 'Bago to a little trailer one guy has. There's a kid rocking a Grand Caravan, and several truck campers and short buses. Last night was -12C and tonight will be colder, so I hope they all have heaters.Name:  15807730038888.jpeg
Views: 1297
Size:  54.9 KB

Sent from my LG-US998 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

MB announcing a Metris pop-top van built out by Peace Vans that can be ordered through a dealer. Looks like $60-70k built. Who is feeling spendy? And how was VW not willing to give this a shot, at a price premium???

https://media.mbusa.com/releases/rel...-the-us-market

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    MB announcing a Metris pop-top van built out by Peace Vans that can be ordered through a dealer. Looks like $60-70k built. Who is feeling spendy? And how was VW not willing to give this a shot, at a price premium???

https://media.mbusa.com/releases/rel...-the-us-market

That doesn't look very winter/snow friendly unfortunately. Cool they're doing it though

I think vw is holding out for their awd electric van. Supposed to be coming out next year. But they’ve teased so many t100 vans for the last decade it’s hard to believe them