Page 190 of 510 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 12727
    Put several hours into combing thru the thread now that I’m more seriously in the market. Good contributions and food for thought.

My gears are turning - I’m undecided in what exact route to go but I know a few things I like and stuff that’s not for me. Started on the van quest but want 4x4 and those seem to surpass 50k ish (high side of budget). Truck and Bigfoot or Northern Lite route is likely the smart money. Truck would be 3rd vehicle and I don’t commute for work - so a newer reliable truck may just drive me nuts deprecating in driveway. I’m not a wrencher don’t want a headache. How does a budget of 15-20k for truck and 10-15k for clean 9’ 6” winter camper sound?

Feel free to shoot a couple truck recommendations for 3/4 or 1 ton. Also any deals found in your searches that I could take advantage of will result in beer, booze, or bud $.. or possibly ski gear. Thanks y’all

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Put several hours into combing thru the thread now that I’m more seriously in the market. Good contributions and food for thought.

My gears are turning - I’m undecided in what exact route to go but I know a few things I like and stuff that’s not for me. Started on the van quest but want 4x4 and those seem to surpass 50k ish (high side of budget). Truck and Bigfoot or Northern Lite route is likely the smart money. Truck would be 3rd vehicle and I don’t commute for work - so a newer reliable truck may just drive me nuts deprecating in driveway. I’m not a wrencher don’t want a headache. How does a budget of 15-20k for truck and 10-15k for clean 9’ 6” winter camper sound?

Feel free to shoot a couple truck recommendations for 3/4 or 1 ton. Also any deals found in your searches that I could take advantage of will result in beer, booze, or bud $.. or possibly ski gear. Thanks y’all
    One thing to consider with a truck/camper combo is your GVWR. Tpyically most campers on trucks get your whole rig up close that weight rating. Add on people, gear and fuel and you are quickly over the limit. If you are ok with that its totally fine, been running my rig that way for years.

However it adds up with wear and tear on brakes, tires, suspension, etc. Even after all the work I did on my truck it still feels like its overloaded most of the time when we are loaded up and going. Wont really know what this feels like until you get your rig dialed in for your stuff.

Okay. Is this one of those type things where you always wish you had more truck, more beef? I’ve been hearing that. This will be my first truck.. always saw my first as Tundra but I get it - they won’t cut it. It’s just never saw myself buying a 1 ton until looking into camper life.

If you don’t expect to need a truck, why not a depreciated 4x4 RV?

They usually have a better layout than a camper.
    Lower center of gravity.
    1+ ton chassis
    Maintenance is about the same as a truck + camper

All the comforts of home: https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/r...914373538.html

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Lower center of gravity.
    1+ ton chassis

Thanks bro. LVS shot me that one too. Seems like a possibility. One thing on the desirability list is a nimble ride and urban capable. You think it’s similar between this size 4x4 RV and truck / camper?

I would make use of truck occasionally for utility and house remodeling and driving in a pinch. Fully agree the RV layout is supreme.

Lower center of gravity.
    1+ ton chassis

That is a great rig. Perfect size/functionality.

Thanks bro. LVS shot me that one too. Seems like a possibility. One thing on the desirability list is a nimble ride and urban capable. You think it’s similar between this size 4x4 RV and truck / camper?
    Yes, I think they’re similar in that neither is particularly nimble or urban friendly. My rig is relatively conservative but still 20’8” in length. But a 9’6” camper in a long bed truck is going to be 22’+, same as the rv in the link.

I would make use of truck occasionally for utility and house remodeling and driving in a pinch. Fully agree the RV layout is supreme.
    Yeah, there’s always a compromise to be made for flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That is a great rig. Perfect size/functionality.
    that's what I said. Luke told me he wanted something with a shower, 4wd, big enough for the wife and kid... and then that thing popped up

But how does it rate on #stealth meter? Lol

Don't think wife, kid, bathroom, etc and stealth go together.

Get a 4x4 e350 conversion and build it out while keeping the exterior boring and that's stealth...

Btw I liked your Kimbo contribution. Made me think that and Tundra. You seen any IRL?

Btw I liked your Kimbo contribution. Made me think that and Tundra. You seen any IRL?
    Saw a few at Baker this season/ a few driving around Bellingham. Walked around a few times but haven't seen the inside. Look very very well built.
    Rumors of a 8' bed model coming out too via their Instagram.

Just get a camo wrap. Winning.

Yah site said 8rs coming

Yah site said 8rs coming
    If I was in the market for a slide in camper I definitely be looking at those. they seem pretty bomber built and cool to support a company like that.
    I think there's other cheaper used options that are more snow suited though as well such as the Bigfoot. Though the kimbo has a much better profile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0024.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	286195

Kimbo’s more industrial simplistic design, plus lite weight, should bode well for it. Like the local aspect. Ultimately winter comfort is paramount so Bigfoot and NL are top of list as advised by LVS. I’m not super knowledgeable on their models yet and I’d like something on their smaller side. Probably smallest with basement.

If anyone is looking for a VW Eurovan camper, shoot me a PM; a friend is selling a ‘91 (I think) in great shape for around $31k.

Lower center of gravity.
    1+ ton chassis

Buddy just bought a '95 Minnie Winnie 4x4 w/ the 460ci V8. Thing is sweet, great size (esp if you want to have wife AND kid in it) and capability. Gas will suck, but that's a given. I'd go that route for the $$$ unless you really want to have a truck in your fleet.

I’m hearing you guys on that rig. It’s in consideration.

No way that camper is still available by the weekend. Just the 8.1 liter and 4x4 alone have everyone's peckers fully erect. Consider it sold.

$1800 to change the diff, tranny and transfer case fluids? The owner is either a massive sucker or lying through his teeth in that ad.

I like the layout though.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    $1800 to change the diff, tranny and transfer case fluids? The owner is either a massive sucker or lying through his teeth in that ad.

I like the layout though.
    Or just your standard eBay RV scam.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    No way that camper is still available by the weekend. Just the 8.1 liter and 4x4 alone have everyone's peckers fully erect. Consider it sold.
    Think you could be right. Sometime yesterday I realized getting the posted assistance here on the highly visible forum will only help others and less likely me. Some lurker boned up, close to the location on whichever hot possible lead — will score.

I’m paying referral to whomever tips off a winner. The best chances of that happening is thru PM. Appreciate any assistance and no expectations..