Page 176 of 508 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 12695
    Forecast is looking ridiculous around Tahoe, so I might post up at the Carson Pass Sno Park, or perhaps at Blue Lakes. We're going to find out how well the 'Bago does in deep snow...

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

If The Good Olde Boys could make their rig float, I bet yours can float in the pow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Never understood why the Good ol’ Boys were so pissed, weren’t they they ones who were horribly late to the gig?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Yesterday marked the start of 4-6 weeks on the road looking for powder. 100% touring, and the primary objective is Rogers Pass, but we will detour as conditions dictate. Attachment 266949

That is the WinningBago!

The WinningBago crushed 88 to the Hope Valley Sno Park, where we're currently posted up, possibly until Wednesday. I hope the bourbon holds out.

On a practical note, chains were effective and much smoother than expected.Name:  15491636745470.jpeg
Views: 1020
Size:  48.6 KB

Winning!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I like Hope Valley SnoPark as a calmer alternative to Meiss Meadows. In the storm, sleeping directly on the Crest can be a windy-shaking experience.

Chains work and they really aren’t that big of a deal to put on. Have extra repair links, extra rubber tighteners and some bailing wire just in case.

Come visit us at Bear Valley. You can camp for free in our lot, or there are two SnoParks close by. I can probably help you with a ticket or a shower.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Any suggestions for car camping around Jackson Hole?

It’s not exactly Jackson, but parking lot camping seems acceptable at Grand Targhee, in the lower lot.
    Talked to a dude this morning. He was less than stoked on the plows starting at 4am. That’s the price you pay for a pow day like today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico in Flag View Post
    It’s not exactly Jackson, but parking lot camping seems acceptable at Grand Targhee, in the lower lot.
    Talked to a dude this morning. He was less than stoked on the plows starting at 4am. That’s the price you pay for a pow day like today.

Pay to stay at Targhee. https://www.grandtarghee.com/vacatio...ng-rv-parking/

At least it's an option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 7.28.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	268341

sleeping was not easy with rain pattering off the roof all night

Just spent 3 nights snowed in at Hope Valley, and it was super fun. Yesterday we didn't even ski: just watched the storm rage outside all day. Skiing today was excellent, and since the roads were all closed we had the entire area to ourselves. I think I like this RV based skiing thing.Name:  15494129783994.jpeg
Views: 883
Size:  38.3 KBName:  15494129782922.jpeg
Views: 712
Size:  83.1 KB

This thread continues to peg my stoke meter.

Finally sold the oil burning pepper wagon for GM Duramax. Now the camper hunt begins. Mainly, I'm after Lances, S&S, Alpenlite, FWC, Arctic Fox or a Palomino. I'm still waffling between a full hard-side or a pop-up. The rig+camper will need to also tow a 5x8 enclosed motorcycle trailer for track days and races this summer, in additon to being the PNW storm chaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Lances, S&S, Alpenlite, FWC, Arctic Fox or a Palomino.
    nope

get a bigfoot or northern lite.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 7.28.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	268341

sleeping was not easy with rain pattering off the roof all night
    as a former sleeper in between the back seat and trunk of 2 different suby legacy sedans and then in a forester with roof rack (the palace) your rig looks extremely claustrophobic.....lol....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    nope

I thought about that (which is why I was interested in yours that you were selling a few months back), but I decided against them because both the Bigfoots and the NL's overhang the rear bumper by a decent amount. Even the ones that don't have any decks / bumpers / staircase contraptions on them still overhang the bumper by at least a foot.

Which only matters when I'm towing something or mounting a receiver hitch bike rack. My 8.5' S&S ends right at the truck's bumper. Which means I can put a receiver hitch bike rack on without issue, and the handlebars don't hit the camper. With any of the fiberglass campers I'd need a pretty long hitch extension to get the bikes clear of the camper, and from experience, a long hitch extension + fully loaded bike rack is a pretty janky setup.

Everything else about those campers seems really nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I thought about that (which is why I was interested in yours that you were selling a few months back), but I decided against them because both the Bigfoots and the NL's overhang the rear bumper by a decent amount. Even the ones that don't have any decks / bumpers / staircase contraptions on them still overhang the bumper by at least a foot.

Which only matters when I'm towing something or mounting a receiver hitch bike rack. My 8.5' S&S ends right at the truck's bumper. Which means I can put a receiver hitch bike rack on without issue, and the handlebars don't hit the camper. With any of the fiberglass campers I'd need a pretty long hitch extension to get the bikes clear of the camper, and from experience, a long hitch extension + fully loaded bike rack is a pretty janky setup.

Everything else about those campers seems really nice though.
    You can get an 8' longbed version. Jackattack has one.

nope

I like Bigfoots, but they are effin' heavy. And expensive. And hard to find.

I did forget to mention Northen Lites.

And like toast said; I don't need or want some long monstrosity. I still need to tow with mine. After all, it's just the wife, the dog, and I. Mostly though, it'll be me on motorcycle missions and storm chasing.

You can get an 8' longbed version. Jackattack has one.
    Northern Lite or Bigfoot? I've looked around and have never seen one that doesn't overhang the bumper. But I'd be pretty interested in that...

I like Bigfoots, but they are effin' heavy. And expensive. And hard to find.

I did forget to mention Northen Lites.

And like toast said; I don't need or want some long monstrosity. I still need to tow with mine. After all, it's just the wife, the dog, and I. Mostly though, it'll be me on motorcycle missions and storm chasing.
    they don't have to be heavy, get an older one in the 8' 2" length.

they don't have to be heavy, get an older one in the 8' 2" length.
    That still doesn't so much for the availability or price.

That still doesn't so much for the availability or price.
    This is TGR. Price is no object and it's not availability, it's about having the best.

audiavant6speedmtdieselwithabox

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    as a former sleeper in between the back seat and trunk of 2 different suby legacy sedans and then in a forester with roof rack (the palace) your rig looks extremely claustrophobic.....lol....
    it’s not as bad as it looks in that picture, the cot is too long to be fully extended when the passenger seat is upright for driving, so that hump in the middle flattens out for actual sleeping. sleeping in Flag was the first test trial of the new setup (used to have a pretty sweet platform but didn’t have anywhere to store it when not in use out here) and it was actually extremely comfortable. i doubt anyone over 180lbs would fit between the cot and ceiling though...

This is TGR. Price is no object and it's not availability, it's about having the best.

audiavant6speedmtdieselwithabox
    Well then this dental lawyer needs more cases and patients.