Page 151 of 510 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 12727
    1977 serro scotty camper well built or death trap I would not want to tow around?
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    1977 serro scotty camper well built or death trap I would not want to tow around?

hard tellin’, not knowin’...... ayup.

Dang. That thing is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Dang. That thing is sweet!
    Agreed, you NEED it!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Agreed, you NEED it!
    Ha! I already have a motorhome and a broke down camper. I don't need to add to my RV quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Agreed, you NEED it!
    I need it.

off your knees Louie

The fact that there are no interior pics raises a red flag. Maybe there are no interior pics because the seller is not really the owner.

That camper is under-trucked. Looks like a big dude skiing 168’s.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    That camper is under-trucked. Looks like a big dude skiing 168’s.
    thanks 2600 lbs is a heavy camper. Thing has probably soaked up some water also. I liked the truck style.
    off your knees Louie

feeler....
    2004 23' V10 Gas Dynamax, 65,000 (approx) 10 mpg, Everything works, pretty much stock set up, nice wood look laminate floor, I did tour de force from Galveston to San Fran skiing everything in between over last 6 months, new tires in last 6 months including spare, inside duals not new but excellent, did not need replacement. AC, water systems, cruise works, tint on front windows, full kitchen, sitting shower, queen bed, have many more details, no leaks, but had one before I acquired that was fixed. Very dependable, has not let me down. Easy to park can fit in single space (sometimes) tow hitch, quiet generator, shore power and power cord, Brand new nice RV cover would be included. cosmetically not perfect, but solid, more details would be available if i become serious.... $15-17,000 range

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rv1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	971.0 KB 
ID:	244165

Name:	rv4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	377.7 KB 
ID:	244278
    Name:  rv5.png
Views: 1001
Size:  188.6 KB

Name:	rv3.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	244280

Name:	rvCover.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	891.1 KB 
ID:	244281
    Last edited by MiCol; 08-16-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

thanks 2600 lbs is a heavy camper. Thing has probably soaked up some water also. I liked the truck style.
    Not sure how it’s too much for a 350 but the pics indicate that it is. Rear suspension can be beefed up but appears that would be needed. Won’t eat brakes or dog the hills but I don’t like that sag.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 08-15-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Not sure how it’s too much for a 350 but the pics indicate that it is. Rear suspension can be beefed up but appears that would be needed. Won’t eat brakes or dog the hills but I don’t like that sag.
    That truck will haul that thing all day with a set of bags. May be pushing gvwr loaded up though.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    That truck will haul that thing all day with a set of bags. May be pushing gvwr loaded up though.
    Nothing like immediately throwing money into a 25 year old truck but, yeah. I also like that its a stick. Springs and bags just for information, I got no idea about this company specifically:

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/load-...n-camper-setup

Me'd go helpers for the simplicity but at the cost of a harsher ride unloaded and no adjustment. I'd also want a beefier front anti sway bar and a good rear one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Nothing like immediately throwing money into a 25 year old truck but, yeah. I also like that its a stick. Springs and bags just for information, I got no idea about this company specifically:

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/load-...n-camper-setup
    Yeah, I've got a few friends with larger campers on Tundras and they use the bags with a schrader valve and just pump them up with a bike pump. Seems easy enough. Is it optimal? Maybe not, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Yeah, I've got a few friends with larger campers on Tundras and they use the bags with a schrader valve and just pump them up with a bike pump. Seems easy enough. Is it optimal? Maybe not, but it works.
    Jim Mora ‘playoffs’ voice:

Optimal?! Optimal?! That’s fucking WIN!

spam: I'm selling my truck and camper, see post in gearswap

First time posting here in years, (left PNW for Florida and Texas in 2014, just moved to CA).

Bought a 2009 Hawk Four Wheel Camper this last spring when I moved, it's been sweet. It's got a rollover couch, furnace, 3 way fridge (doesn't work that great here in the summer). It's also got a 6 gallon hot water heater and 20 gallon tank, but I'm not sure I'll be able to use it without risking frozen pipes. I put airbags on a 2013 F-150 which might be overkill but it's super stable on the road.

Anyways, got an Epic Pass (military deal was nuts), though I'll probably be touring around Fresno and Sequoia NP (looking for partners).
    Honestly, my googling shows California kinda sucks for sleeping in resort lots, especially coming from Washington with Baker and Crystal both being pretty chill with it. If there's places out there, I'd love to know!

Editing to fix pics: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWNnG55.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	753.4 KB 
ID:	244745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0qQj3ei.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	603.2 KB 
ID:	244746
    Last edited by McScrundle; 08-21-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McScrundle View Post
    First time posting here in years, (left PNW for Florida and Texas in 2014, just moved to CA).

Bought a 2009 Hawk Four Wheel Camper this last spring when I moved, it's been sweet. It's got a rollover couch, furnace, 3 way fridge (doesn't work that great here in the summer). It's also got a 6 gallon hot water heater and 20 gallon tank, but I'm not sure I'll be able to use it without risking frozen pipes. I put airbags on a 2013 F-150 which might be overkill but it's super stable on the road.

Anyways, got an Epic Pass (military deal was nuts), though I'll probably be touring around Fresno and Sequoia NP (looking for partners).
    Honestly, my googling shows California kinda sucks for sleeping in resort lots, especially coming from Washington with Baker and Crystal both being pretty chill with it. If there's places out there, I'd love to know!

Attachment 244690Attachment 244691
    China Peak has an RV lot. Not CA, but In Tahoe the parking lot attendants at Mt. Rose told me it was allowed a couple of years ago, but check if that's still the case.

Camping in ski resort lots kind of sucks if they are doing snow removal, so if you don't like to listen to front-end loaders with back up alarms all night it's better to camp down low below the snow line and drive up to the snow. With a truck camper you will not have parking issues arriving with the rest of the people in the morning.

With Epic you are looking at Northstar, Heavenly, or Kirkwood where there is no overnight camping that I know of. Kirkwood used to have that lot at the 7800 bar and grill lot that you could pay for an annual pass for. Not sure if they are still doing that so check with them. You could always just camp somewhere down in Nevada for the Epic resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post

Camping in ski resort lots kind of sucks if they are doing snow removal, so if you don't like to listen to front-end loaders with back up alarms all night it's better to camp down low below the snow line and drive up to the snow. With a truck camper you will not have parking issues arriving with the rest of the people in the morning.

QFMFT. Add morning avy control to the list. And miscreant RV lot inhabitants...

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    QFMFT. Add morning avy control to the list. And miscreant RV lot inhabitants...
    The soft sided FWC will exasperate this issue. I would recommend learning to sleep with ear plugs in.

Ah, LVS bringin' the FWC hate.

Have you ordered your custom Earth Roamer?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The soft sided FWC will exasperate this issue. I would recommend learning to sleep with ear plugs in.
    Doesn't matter what the fuck you're sleeping in.

Beep, beep, groom, BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    China Peak has an RV lot. Not CA, but In Tahoe the parking lot attendants at Mt. Rose told me it was allowed a couple of years ago, but check if that's still the case.

With Epic you are looking at Northstar, Heavenly, or Kirkwood where there is no overnight camping that I know of. Kirkwood used to have that lot at the 7800 bar and grill lot that you could pay for an annual pass for. Not sure if they are still doing that so check with them. You could always just camp somewhere down in Nevada for the Epic resorts.
    I should have mentioned that. I went biking and stayed at China Peak a couple weeks ago, it's a cool mom and pop style resort. Although in the winter they want $49 per night for RV parking +12% resort fee, which seems reasonable for a class A RV that needs hookups. Maybe I can work out a deal to use a quarter of the space and no hookups...